Acoustic Stage

brettredmayne

8 hours ago, kalifire said:

Mainly because the area had a weirdly disconnected vibe to it. It didn’t feel part of Glastonbury somehow and the demographic was much older. It didn’t feel the right way to end a festival. 

I actually realised yesterday that I didn't even know where the acoustic tent was. Looked it up on the map, and it's even positioned in a disconnected place, completely easy to miss as you have to go through the kids field or T&C (I realised at the same time it's why I've never been to Pilton Palais). 

Someone mentioned that the area is nice and there's a good tea tent though. Is this the fabled tea tent that @Quark is always advocating for a chill when your feeling fragile?

11 hours ago, Divein said:

I thought chairs were banned inside the Acoustic? I swear I’ve seen signs around the edge or is it not enforced? 

If I recall correctly there is a small area in front of the sound desk where chairs are allowed. Or at least there has been in the past.

I agree that it can be difficult getting through the ranks of chairs outside the tent. I generally just go down the edge of the right hand side of the field and in from there. There's nearly always a bit of space.

I know everyone on here is just hating on it but I  really try and get over to see Lucy Rose. I Fell in love with her on a sunny day in Hyde Park years ago! 

Grace Petrie & Keb'Mo (although I'm going back 15 years on that one) will both be very good as well. 

I only really ever go over here to meet my parents at the Real Ale Tent so hope to finally see someone here. 

19 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Can I press you on that insight? Thing is, it's not a tent I usually go to, and if I do it always seems uncomfortably crowded, with pretty crappy sound,  but I thought maybe I was just unlucky.  Are you saying its always like that, at least later on in the day? I am definitely not 6' 4" and due to working will be arriving late (at best) for the Hawkwind set, which despite the poor venue I feel a sort of absurd duty to see because, well, its Hawkwind at Glastonbury, maan. If its going to rammed with poor sightlines for short arse 5' 8" me, who is therefore going to see bugger all, maybe I'll slack off elsewhere.

Already been mentioned above and I was perhaps exaggerating a little on how tall you have to be!? the stage is on a slight slope I think and when I turned up to watch Art Garfunkel in 2016 it was already pretty busy so as I’m only 5 and a half foot it was a struggle to see much. Fortunately the music was great after a few sound issues so I could just chill out and listen. I imagine it would be fairlybrammed for hawkwind so I would advise getting there as early as you can to get a decent spot or snake round the side and see if you can get closer to the stage.

9 hours ago, elias said:

If I recall correctly there is a small area in front of the sound desk where chairs are allowed. Or at least there has been in the past.

I agree that it can be difficult getting through the ranks of chairs outside the tent. I generally just go down the edge of the right hand side of the field and in from there. There's nearly always a bit of space.

This is correct, a little square bit where they allow them. Whenever I've been in and seen people putting out chairs in the rest of it, someone has come along and made them take the chair down.

10 minutes ago, Bza said:

The more I watch of this guy, the more he becomes a must see. 

10 minutes ago, Bza said:

The more I watch of this guy, the more he becomes a must see. 

Yep looks great to me. Hoping for a bit of a chill either side of either Kylie or Miley

19 hours ago, DeanoL said:

There seems to be some non-music stuff on: the Eavis thing and the crime writers? That’s new.

Worryingly  Fun Lovin’ Crime Writers is a band made up of - crime writers.

Edit - old news

Edited by Losing my hair
I need to read to the end of the thread before posting

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

This is correct, a little square bit where they allow them. Whenever I've been in and seen people putting out chairs in the rest of it, someone has come along and made them take the chair down.

Much as I dislike patrolling and policing and telling people what to do, especially at a lovely festival like ours, this just has to be done...

7 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

Anyone visiting the acoustic field should pay a visit to the cake hole. Their crumble and custard kept me going during the rainy year.

IMG_0069.jpg

Yep, can vouch for the quality of cakes and tea here, although it's a revelation that crumble & custard are on offer too, will definitely be checking that out this year, thanks buddiepaul!

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Rumour has it there is a bar inside the Pilton Palais that is the cheapest on site. I've never been in so can't confirm if true of not.

Never seen a bar in there. I have seen a movie though.

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Rumour has it there is a bar inside the Pilton Palais that is the cheapest on site. I've never been in so can't confirm if true of not.

I don’t think that’s true, I’ve been inside and I haven’t seen one, plus the photos on the festival site seem to confirm this. I may be wrong.

They have in previous years had their own line up poster so this could be added to the list of upcoming announcements (‘due soon’)...

14 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

I imagine it would be fairlybrammed for hawkwind so I would advise getting there as early as you can to get a decent spot or snake round the side and see if you can get closer to the stage.

Since finding out they were on the Saturday, which in my gut I just knew would be the case, I've been dwelling on it like a sulky schoolboy, hatching plans worthy of the Great Escape, pouring over the map to work out the optimum route from Park to Acoustic, toying over requesting shift changes, looking up 2017 clashfinder to see how early we finished back then, and all manner of activity frankly unbecoming for a man of my mature years. In my fantasy schedule, the Acoustic goes back to the old timetable - so that Keane goes on at around 9, with Hawkwind in a special late night slot, I get to see them, as a choir of angels, each sporting an Eavis beard, sings from the heavens in glorious celebration.

Ridiculous, really - my head tells me it will be a just another Hawkwind gig, and probably not at their best, but my heart says Hawkwind at Glastonbury - something I thought would never come to pass again.  

On 5/9/2019 at 5:39 PM, Sasperella said:

Someone mentioned that the area is nice and there's a good tea tent though. Is this the fabled tea tent that @Quark is always advocating for a chill when your feeling fragile?

Nope, that's the Tiny Tea Tent round by West Holts Sas. Although you can get  nice bit of cake and a cuppa at the Horlicks Stage, and I do quite like it for a chill precisely because it's so damn quiet!