Acoustic Stage

brettredmayne

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Quite accurate...except for their most recent album, which is apparently with some acoustic and some with orchestral backing.

I think that's Mike Batt's influence - so a return to the farm for Head Womble!

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Keane second from top on the acoustic is one of the most ridiculous bookings I've ever seen. The place will be absolutely rammed with everyone outside not getting a look in. Unbelievable stupidity. 

Doesn’t matter, unless you’re 6’4” you’ll see fuck all anyway...

30 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I could be wrong but I wonder if the Acoustic stage is one of those stages with the old men bookers that Emily alluded too. It's the most underwhelming of the line up's announced so far. Even the highlights will most likely be bettered by other stages around the site. It seems like some acts appear here almost every year. 

Exactly what I was thinking. I can’t help but feel that Emily has had little influence over this stage.

I’d be up for Grace Petrie and Rodney Branigan... but I’ll probably catch them on another (better) stage instead. Even bootleg Beatles I’d find them more interesting elsewhere.

Quickly becoming a bit of a waste of Glastonbury real estate unfortunately.

35 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Was hoping for fishermans friends so disappointed at that but in general this is weak. Poor show.

I would have thought that they would have been at the festival as the film is doing the rounds in the cinema at the moment. is there another stage that they would appear at ?

I can’t say that this is really doing it for me. I usually catch a few acts here over the weekend, but no one really stands out. I quite like Grace Petrie bus suspect she will do a few more sets.

As others have said, it just all feels a bit...uninspired. 

Just added these to the playlist - random musings:

Had no idea how cool Albert Hammond Jr's dad was.

Julie Felix is 80 years old.

Chuffed to see Rodney B on a 'main' stage.

That run of Dire Straits, Wet Wet Wet and Keane is a Magic FM listener's wet dream. Although they'll run a mile at Hawkwind who follow.

Nice to see some blues with Keb' Mo' and Eric Bibb.

ETC winner Marie White has a great voice. As do Lucy Rose, and (Ladies in Blues frontwoman) Clara Rose.

Hackney Colliery Band's Prodigy medley will be even better than last time, if that's possible.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Acoustic tent 1995 - Evan Dando and Portishead

Acoustic Tent 2019 - Marti Pellow and Keane

Serious rethink needed. 

Portishead in the Acoustic tent I bet that was awesome !!!

Rodney Branigan is a great watch - plays two guitars at once and always does a few covers, Creep, is bizarrely very good and gets the crowd going.  Watched him on all the smaller stages over the years so this will be great - nothing else appeals however 

I imagine Albert Hammond could probably, easily swim to the festival in a sea of cash he’s earned from all the mass of hits he’s written. 

But unless he can carry off a performance like Burt B a few years back there will barely be a moist eye* in the house. 

*Don’t even. 

Eric Bibb is top class - saw him at Beautiful Days last year. He would go down very well on West Holts. 

Albert “it never rains in Southern California” Hammond could play and sing a tune back in the day. His son is a jobbing guitarist in comparison. 

It is a bit of a lame line up though, and I speak as an Acoustic fan of the appropriate age @fatyeti24 ?. Remember watching Dexies headline and all you could hear was Metallica on the pymild.  Outrageous ?

1 hour ago, marathonsteve said:

I would have thought that they would have been at the festival as the film is doing the rounds in the cinema at the moment. is there another stage that they would appear at ?

My thinking exactly. 

As for another stage, they did open the pyramid stage on the Sunday a few years back so that could happen again?

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

And another thing, I can't say that I know much about their entire back catalogue but from the tunes I know I can't imagine a more un-acoustic band than Hawkwind

They are playing a full electric set. They have confirmed this today. Miss it and regret it for years to come.

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I could be wrong but I wonder if the Acoustic stage is one of those stages with the old men bookers that Emily alluded too. 

Yep. And embarrassingly now, I worked at the Acoustic stage for 5 years.  

Rodney on a big stage is great. He’s on top form at the moment and still working very hard at each and every gig he does. 

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

Acoustic tent 1995 - Evan Dando and Portishead

Acoustic Tent 2019 - Marti Pellow and Keane

Serious rethink needed. 

Ouch when you put it like that.

You know my take on the ‘Coostick. A binfire.

1 minute ago, ian the worm said:

Yep. And embarrassingly now, I worked at the Acoustic stage for 5 years.  

Rodney on a big stage is great. He’s on top form at the moment and still working very hard at each and every gig he does. 

I have seen some fantastic acts up there. Some of my highlights have been there so it's not like it is an awful stage. It just seems like stages like Avalon seem to be nabbing acts that you'd expect them to get. 

49 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

Eric Bibb is top class - saw him at Beautiful Days last year. He would go down very well on West Holts. 

Thought I saw him at West Holts around 10 years ago. 

No love for Dervish round here then?

Underwhelmed overall though.