Showers?

whateverworksout

This will be my third year at Glastonbury but the first year using the showers, I’ve never even walked passed them before to know what they’re like/where they are and what times are best to avoid big queues? thinking early Friday or Saturday morning at 7am? But if they’re 24 hours maybe I’ll try on the way back to the tent at like 3am? 

3 hours ago, whateverworksout said:

This will be my third year at Glastonbury but the first year using the showers, I’ve never even walked passed them before to know what they’re like/where they are and what times are best to avoid big queues? thinking early Friday or Saturday morning at 7am? But if they’re 24 hours maybe I’ll try on the way back to the tent at like 3am? 

I seem to recall they close, if you mean the ones by the Kids Field.  Best time I used to find was in the afternoon, when the more known acts started on the Pyramid stage.  I'd pack a towel in my day bag, and keep an eye out.  Say around 4 - 5pm, I seem to recall.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but while we're on the topic of showers, are there any shower blocks in the Campervan fields? I appreciate that we'll have one 'on-board' the van, but with 6 of us shacking up in there for 6 days and no easy access to water, it feels like just using the shower blocks is going to be easier.

Ta.

1 hour ago, Mr_Hat said:

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but while we're on the topic of showers, are there any shower blocks in the Campervan fields? I appreciate that we'll have one 'on-board' the van, but with 6 of us shacking up in there for 6 days and no easy access to water, it feels like just using the shower blocks is going to be easier.

Ta.

No there aren't any showers, just water points and toilets. 

I went for a shower last time for the first time in 25-odd years (of attending the festival - not generally). The other half was going, so as I walked over with her, I thought I might as well have one.

The system for the one by the Kids Field is that they give you a ticket and you come back a bit later at a designated time. So even though we went at about 9am, we were able to go off, get some breakfast and come back and not have to queue.

• Upvote 1

On 5/9/2019 at 8:56 AM, Mr_Hat said:

Ta.

Take the following with you. Washing up bowl to empty out your grey water tank. Expandable water carrier to fill up from the taps. Funnel with a bendy neck to enable filling the water tank from the water carrier. 

You'll thank me later for these tips!

In the north-east corner of the Green Fields, by the railway embankment, next to the entrance to Shangri-la, you'll find Sue & Mark's magic-hat sauna. It's a lovely venue popular with traditional festivalgoers. Get in the sauna (in a converted horse-box), get extremely hot, drink plenty of water, then head to the showers. There's usually a queue for the hot showers, but never one for the cold. Don't forget to give a little scream as the icy water hits (just to prove you're still alive!) then head back to the sauna to restart your heart. But when you're hot enough again and return to the cold shower it is absolute bliss. You'll be revitalised and feel great for hours afterwards. Remember to leave a donation in the magic hat. They're not capitalists, so it's whatever you can afford.

• Upvote 2

Theres also Greenpeace showers, they're communal, but seperated by gender. They're hot showers, I've used them twice in 2 festivals, both times went afternoonish... if i were to guess between 1 and 2pm and didnt have to wait either time. 

Showers in Lost Horizons sauna as well near the teepee field. Best coffee on site. Sauna chill and shower is my start to every day and sometimes afternoon or evening if it's hot weather and I'm passing. Sorts you right out! Seen some decent bands in here as well as they have a little stage! 

On 5/16/2019 at 3:43 PM, gearbm95 said:

Are the showers near the Kids Field communal or individual stalls?

Used to be all-in communal back in the day, didn’t worry about it then!

On 5/15/2019 at 7:22 PM, crazyfool1 said:

my offer is £5 for a power porta shower :)

IMG_3036.jpeg

is that a bendy solar panel or some sort of dark side star wars twister game board?

nice socks by the way

Edited by Cooter

On 5/9/2019 at 8:56 AM, Mr_Hat said:

Ta.

If you're at Bath & West there are. Not in either of the on site ones though.

4 hours ago, Cooter said:

is that a bendy solar panel or some sort of dark side star wars twister game board?

nice socks by the way

yep its my battery pack charger ... as you might be able to imagine I need to recharge them on a few occasions if i can to power my suit and hat ... this does the job :) ... The socks are my waterproof sealskinz