Got any tipi tip-is? ⛺️

sophiemarie

1 minute ago, mashedonmud said:

I was fully expecting a flurry of downvotes but it seems I was wrong, Outflanked by an amoeba. I shall retire humbly.

i think they /he/ she / it realises that tactic is futile and just gets outweighed by upvotes now .. and as the limit is 2 I think for non gold members s... just off to check its not signed up to gold :) perhaps I should ask :) 

33 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

i think they /he/ she / it realises that tactic is futile and just gets outweighed by upvotes now .. and as the limit is 2 I think for non gold members s... just off to check its not signed up to gold :) perhaps I should ask :) 

I think we should smoother 'it' with Love, Encouragement, Morale Boosting Applause and then just f@ck off and find something more interesting to do. Like weeding the garden. Much more productive and those little fuckers take ages to come back and annoy you. Well maybe a couple of weeks. ?

I actually like weeds so you can ignore all of this.

7 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

I think we should smoother 'it' with Love, Encouragement, Morale Boosting Applause and then just f@ck off and find something more interesting to do. Like weeding the garden. Much more productive and those little fuckers take ages to come back and annoy you. Well maybe a couple of weeks. ?

I actually like weeds so you can ignore all of this.

that was my pm approach 

Make sure that you have a good waterproof floor.. 

My son worked in the tipi field in 2005 and it pissed down.. Unfortunately the tipis didn't have proper floors and everything got drenched.. 

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd also love to hear how it was this year. We're considering trying to get one this year and wonder if anyone who's been before can help with these questions I've got on it...

• How many Tipis can one person buy on their registration? We've potentially got 8-12 of us wanting two Tipis (6 of us are on coach bookings, so I think we get in an hour earlier on ticket day right?)
  • Is 6 people in a Tipi a tight squeeze? 
  • Are showers open 24 hours or only in the daytime? 
  • And what are the toilets like? 

Thanks!! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2022 at 10:06 PM, richcousins7 said:

I'd also love to hear how it was this year. We're considering trying to get one this year and wonder if anyone who's been before can help with these questions I've got on it...

• How many Tipis can one person buy on their registration? We've potentially got 8-12 of us wanting two Tipis (6 of us are on coach bookings, so I think we get in an hour earlier on ticket day right?)
  • Is 6 people in a Tipi a tight squeeze? 
  • Are showers open 24 hours or only in the daytime? 
  • And what are the toilets like? 

Thanks!! 

I didn’t stay in them this year but did in 2019. I’m pretty sure you could purchase two. But tbh it was all such a whirlwind I was shaking trying to book the one, so not 100% sure on that. 

We had 3 in ours and had plenty of space. It will definitely sleep 6, but will be very tight if you have loads of baggage with you. Still doable though. 

I could barely remember my name by the time I stumbled home so no idea if the showers were 24/7 but they were always available when I went, maximum queue was like 20 minutes. I just used to grab a coffee from the coyote moon cafe as I waited so it didn’t bother me too much waiting for my turn.

toilets were compost ones, always clean. I had no issues with them. 

i enjoyed the tipis but I’m going to do worthy view this year. The location is perfection though!

Edited by Supernova.
Typo

1 hour ago, Supernova. said:

I didn’t stay in them this year but did in 2019. I’m pretty sure you could purchase two. But tbh it was all such a whirlwind I was shaking trying to book the one, so not 100% sure on that. 

We had 3 in ours and had plenty of space. It will definitely sleep 6, but will be very tight if you have loads of baggage with you. Still doable though. 

I could barely remember my name by the time I stumbled home so no idea if the showers were 24/7 but they were always available when I went, maximum queue was like 20 minutes. I just used to grab a coffee from the coyote moon cafe as I waited so it didn’t bother me too much waiting for my turn.

toilets were compost ones, always clean. I had no issues with them. 

i enjoyed the tipis but I’m going to do worthy view this year. The location is perfection though!

First time tipi-dwellers this year. We had 5 in ours (one drop-out from our 2019 booking) and that was great, would have been slightly cosy with 1 more person but fine as long as you don't have mountains of stuff. I'd say the shower queues were more like 40 minutes on average, they got longer over the weekend. SO nice though. Toilets were ok, quite a few broken doors/ seats etc so might need to try 2 or 3 but you could always find one acceptably clean. Location was AMAZING, best thing about it- along with the lie-in every morning due to it being nice and cool. It's no luxury option but the location/ ease of not fighting for tent space/ cool mornings is a winner.

Just now, clarkete said:

You got one?

It's one of the things I've never tried, but am intrigued what they're like to stay in.

They’re surprisingly basic - every year I’ve been, I’ve overheard people on the Wednesday and Thursday expecting a glamping experience who are surprised that it really is just a tall canvas tent with bamboo matting and a hole in the top.

The location and feeling like a part of the festival is the draw really - being able to stand up inside is very nice too! The biggest downside is in wet years they do let a bit of rain in, although you can adjust the rain catcher to mitigate it. Also the toilets were arguably worse than the ones 2 mins away outside in Pennards after about day 2.

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2019 at 3:46 PM, Cuboid said:

Yes to a flag,

Yes to showers but queues are always big in the day irrespective of time of day but if you've got 30 mins / 45 mins then its a nice to have. 

Location wise. I''ve always been allocated one but then we come on Thursday. 

I'm still not sure how they fill 'em.. nearest reception first or last?