Other stage Sunday

Ian Gunpowder

21 minutes ago, jparx said:

Billie will, at least, be playing after Kylie. Emily isn't going to move her from the JPT to clash with Kylie on the Other stage. I think she will be 3rd down at least.

Emily had already sorted out the running order though. And then when she said about moving Eilish, she was saying that she was ‘trying’, rather than just arranging the order on the fly. Moving her out of the restricted tent is sensible but I imagine that meant seeing which acts would agree to move indoors - really not as simple as saying she’s big enough for that so she’ll do that.

Edited by dentalplan

23 minutes ago, uscore said:

absolutely. And a few people saying "X will never play before y" will end up looking a little silly because they are clearly not ordering the stages by popularity/"size" alone.

I think that's a great thing personally. Makes for a more interesting running order imo. Miley being so far down the bill on Sunday is a really cool booking, for example.

17 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Definitely. On one day it sounds ridiculous for Vampy Weeks to be anywhere but subbing The Cure, the next it feels like they could be lower on the Other than a teenager whose debut came out six weeks ago. 

? 

Aye though - VW could occupy any number of slots atm.

RTJ are doing the festival circuit again this year, but seem to be on fewer bills than the run the world period saw them play.  Holding out hope they are on the bill somewhere.

For Sunday OS headliner I was sort of expecting Foals, but I've been told they are playing Saturday.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Emily had already sorted out the running order though. And then when she said about moving Eilish, she was saying that she was ‘trying’, rather than just arranging the order on the fly. Moving her out of the restricted tent is sensible but I imagine that meant seeing which acts would agree to move indoors - really not as simple as saying she’s big enough for that so she’ll do that.

Wouldn’t surprise me if after The Prodigy devastating news that someone like C&TQ moved up from subbing and Billie slotted into that spot

14 minutes ago, sisco said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if after The Prodigy devastating news that someone like C&TQ moved up from subbing and Billie slotted into that spot

That would involve a LG/Courteeners clash though as she is busy Fri + Sat so theyd have to be moved across. Honestly I reckon people are overestimating Billie a lot, shes not as popular over here compared to Murica and I imagine she isnt as popular with the Glasto crowd compared to when she is playing R+L. Compare her to Dua/Lorde/Stormzy last year... I reckon 3rd/4th/5th on other are all pretty likely slots for her, sub is probably a bit too high.

3 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Definitely. On one day it sounds ridiculous for Vampy Weeks to be anywhere but subbing The Cure, the next it feels like they could be lower on the Other than a teenager whose debut came out six weeks ago. 

Re. VW I reckon at this point they are either on after Kylie or before Janet. Can't see them clashing with The Cure if they can avoid it. Them on before Tame Impala I imagine woild have made a lot of people very happy, but assuming the Two Door info is correct then they cant be there either.

27 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

That would involve a LG/Courteeners clash though as she is busy Fri + Sat so theyd have to be moved across. Honestly I reckon people are overestimating Billie a lot, shes not as popular over here compared to Murica and I imagine she isnt as popular with the Glasto crowd compared to when she is playing R+L. Compare her to Dua/Lorde/Stormzy last year... I reckon 3rd/4th/5th on other are all pretty likely slots for her, sub is probably a bit too high.

Re. VW I reckon at this point they are either on after Kylie or before Janet. Can't see them clashing with The Cure if they can avoid it. Them on before Tame Impala I imagine woild have made a lot of people very happy, but assuming the Two Door info is correct then they cant be there either.

Not sure why people still believe The Courteeners stuff then they haven’t even been announced.  There’s nothing to say barring 1 person that they or the prodigy were Saturday night! (Please do correct me if I’m wrong)

36 minutes ago, sisco said:

Not sure why people still believe The Courteeners stuff then they haven’t even been announced.  There’s nothing to say barring 1 person that they or the prodigy were Saturday night! (Please do correct me if I’m wrong)

No but they seem like a logical booking. As they are still on tour it aint suprising they havent been announced as they will wanna wait till as late as possible. Plus, there hasnt been an opportunity for them to be announced since that first poster...

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

No but they seem like a logical booking. As they are still on tour it aint suprising they havent been announced as they will wanna wait till as late as possible. Plus, there hasnt been an opportunity for them to be announced since that first poster...

They’ve been announced for plenty of festivals so far.  Genuinely not sure why they wouldn’t have been announced on the first poster.  We’ll see soon I suppose.  Only about 2 weeks till everything should be announced

• 2 weeks later...

Just gonna throw this out there:

Slipknot.

Free on the Sunday, big booking, something different to split up the crowd, bound to create some conversation in the build up to the festival and just adds to the overall musical diversity of the lineup. Also seems like the sorta thing Corey and co. would be willing to do for the shits and giggles, (like Metallica), maybe taking a smaller fee for the exposure to a different audience. After Metallica and maybe Maiden, Slipknot are the biggest name in metal and I think they've cemented themselves as real top shelf act. 

I'm not saying it's likely by any means since I can't imagine the festival coming up with Slipknot as an idea to replace the Prodigy, but just something to throw in to the conversation. I think it's more likely they have just moved some acts around to cover it, rather than booking someone as a replacement.

Also the new single is a bit of a banger. IMO best single they've released in a long time.

Edit: should also mention -  yes they're already doing Download but part of my thinking is since they would be announced late May, so close to Download, it would be allowed. Or perhaps even held off until after Download.

Edited by jparx

4 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I'm still thinking that Billie Eilish may get the bump up as Emily has already said they have had to move her stages due to her popularity 

I'd personally be down for it from a fan POV, but I don't think they will put Billie in that position so soon. As others have said, I'm also not sure she's big enough on this side of the pond to headline the stage outright.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'd personally be down for it from a fan POV, but I don't think they will put Billie in that position so soon. As others have said, I'm also not sure she's big enough on this side of the pond to headline the stage outright.

i didn't think she was either until I looked at the charts, she had so many songs from her recent album in there. Not to mention her album doing very well on it's own merit. 

I think it's ended up being a possibility and at least put her in the thinking. I'll add the fact that her set is supposed to be better in darkness. 

7 minutes ago, Glasto1984 said:

Faithless? 

Sister Bliss is there doing a DJ set in the Glade. They also have four dates over the summer in July and August.

I think that’s a good shout, particularly as you say sister bliss is already there plus think the last time they played was in 2010 so def due another go