Other stage Sunday

Ian Gunpowder

It was meant to be The Prodigy so we don't know who it will be yet. I think it's unlikely to be Billie Eilish. Think we'll just have to wait on these for now. Hopefully within 2 weeks we'll have the full line up so not long to wait. 

6 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

It is a good point. We seem to have headliners on each stage sorted for Friday / Saturday. No idea who is on Other, JP or Park Sunday. 

Who's headlining JP & Park on Fri & Sat?

I know Hot Chip are meant to be Park on Sat, but must have missed the rest.

Just now, Lubic87 said:

Who's headlining JP & Park on Fri & Sat?

I know Hot Chip are meant to be Park on Sat, but must have missed the rest.

Not sure anyone knows.  The Streets and Orbital were mention as possible JP headers.

The Good the Bad & the Queen as one of the park headers seems to be the general consensus too 

10 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

No idea sorry. Was more making point Sunday we have the least info :(

No worries - hard to keep up on here sometimes, so thought I'd missed some important info!

10 minutes ago, sisco said:

Not sure anyone knows.  The Streets and Orbital were mention as possible JP headers.

The Good the Bad & the Queen as one of the park headers seems to be the general consensus too 

Sounds about right. Reckon there'll be a guitar band on JP at least one of the nights. Placebo could fit that actually, though wouldn't be surprised if they were on the Other.

14 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Still waiting on Lauryn Hill and SVE to be placed somewhere. Guessing Pyramid and maybe Other?

I don't see Shazza being on Other personally, I'm expecting a spot in JP I think. Could very easily be wrong though. 

15 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I think Billie Ellish being moved from JP to other suggests that someone has been bumped up from other to headlining it

Sounds like the Other stage was the answer to the Billie problem, rather than Billie being the answer to an Other problem but I guess it could be a two birds scenario. Don't think it necessarily means someone has been bumped up to headliner though, any number of moves could've happened (including only the one you said). 

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

You'd imagine with all the equality talk that it'll be a female act Sunday Other with the slot becoming available?

Could honestly be anyone. My first thought was George Ezra would be the replacement when I saw him on the lineup but apparently he's on before Stormzy.

2 hours ago, Username taken said:

Lineup page has Billie Eilish on there on Sunday.  Not sure where she fits.  Would it be outrageous to suggest she could headline it?  Be a good option up against the Cure

I've been REALLY enjoying her stuff over the past year or so. Generally I'm quite insulated to how popular something is getting. I don't really listen to the radio much outside of the odd afternoon with 6 Music, I don't watch much TV at all and I usually find my new music through friend recommendations/playlists, so I'm always an awful judge of popularity.

I initially read your comment and thought you were joking, but I've just had a look at her Spotify numbers...Jesus Christ. Those numbers are insane! I have no idea where that puts her on the running order, but headlining the Other suddenly doesn't seem to daft.

If she did headline it, the choice between Billie and Janelle would be BRUTAL. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I don't see Shazza being on Other personally, I'm expecting a spot in JP I think. Could very easily be wrong though. 

Christ on a bike, let's hope not. She is everything but an Other Stage artist!

She's Park first, JP second, WH third and could just about do Acoustic but it would be leftfield (not Leftfield, you understand...although...).

Fingers crossed she's not singing towards Oxlyers...

Ben

Just now, jyoung said:

Billie could 100% headline but probs won't imo.

Thinking about this more, I think her set would actually suit headlining much more than late afternoon/early evening. It would be a really bold move from the festival and would work really well up against The Cure. 

I agree with you though - I don't quite see the festival putting her there. 

Makes you think what slot she was originally down for in the JPT?

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Thinking about this more, I think her set would actually suit headlining much more than late afternoon/early evening. It would be a really bold move from the festival and would work really well up against The Cure. 

I agree with you though - I don't quite see the festival putting her there. 

Makes you think what slot she was originally down for in the JPT?

On before Snow Patrol as JP sub, bumped up to 3rd on Other I reckon