Weird techie goings-on....

Stu H

My wife was trying for me in the re-sale as I was trying elsewhere. 

She gave up after I told her it had sold out. I went into my iPad a couple of days later and it had actually got to the Reg Input page after she left it! I nearly had a mild panic attack and of course the first thing I tried (because why wouldn't you?!) was to enter my details. Alas, as expected.

However, that page is clearly still live as anytime it kicks me out, I just press back and I'm at that page (and I can click 'proceed' to then get the error message for tickets).

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/addregistrations 

It seems weird that it would still be available - my only assumption is that they keep it there on the off chance that there is a small further re-sale. (don't use this as evidence to get your hopes up, I have no idea!). It says 'page not available' when you click directly as you won't have followed a 'flow' from the earlier page.

Obviously part of me is super gutted that I got to a reg page and didn't know it, but such is life.

Image-1.png

Edited by Stu H

4 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

You've just got a cached page, if you refresh your cash it will disappear.

true, but it's weird that I can click 'proceed' and I get a valid error message on the page - I had assumed it was submitting fresh data to a page that should be 'gone'.

7 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

You've just got a cached page, if you refresh your cash it will disappear.

No - the page has been left up ever since the sale..

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2019/worthy-farm/1300001

Whether it ever goes anywhere or not is a different question. If I was ticketless I'd probably be trying to submit constantly just in case.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Whether it ever goes anywhere or not is a different question. If I was ticketless I'd probably be trying to submit constantly just in case.

That wasn't the link that Stu posted though :)

15 minutes ago, incident said:

ah, didn't realise that page was kept accessible as well!

Damn teases! :D

Yes it’s been live since the sale - I’ve been trying it every day for a friend in case they put a few tickets out. :)

Other pages with the /13..../ link go to a ‘no event found’ page when they’re closed by SeeTickets.

• Like 1

So, since this page is live and giving a response:

Admission tickets are currently unavailable.

Do they technically need to change anything to start a sale? I mean, they don't have to change the usual starting page to have a buy tickets button. They could just release some in the knowledge that enough people are still regularly trying, right?

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

So, since this page is live and giving a response:

Admission tickets are currently unavailable.

Do they technically need to change anything to start a sale? I mean, they don't have to change the usual starting page to have a buy tickets button. They could just release some in the knowledge that enough people are still regularly trying, right?

I imagine they would just add x amount of tickets to the event, other than that not changing anything?

They would also update the main sales page to add a button.

1 minute ago, MJP said:

I imagine they would just add x amount of tickets to the event, other than that not changing anything?

They would also update the main sales page to add a button.

Yes, but what I'm saying is I think they would sell them easily without even adding a button to the main sales page, just through people regularly trying. That would be a top secret sale. And in that case, a page monitor (unless of something technical in the background of the page changes) wouldn't pick up on it. 

Just theorising.

Edited by fightoffyour

The page was (and possibly still is) allowing people with pre authorised registrations to purchase tickets, some friends of mine got theirs this way on Wednesday, possibly using https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2019/worthy-farm/1300001 I didn't ask them to clarify., but it stands to reason that this was the case from evidence we have seen! They have a friend who is close to the Eavis family and had until midnight yesterday to purchase them. That is why you are able to enter your details but can't get any further. I am guessing that when this page closes we may see a resale.....unless all cancelled tickets have been sold in this way. 

Edited by StoneCircle

3 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

The page was (and possibly still is) allowing people with pre authorised registrations to purchase tickets, some friends of mine got theirs this way on Wednesday, using https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2019/worthy-farm/1300001 They have a friend who is close to the Eavis family and had until midnight yesterday to purchase them. That is why you are able to enter your details but can't get any further. I am guessing that when this page closes we may see a resale.....unless all cancelled tickets have been sold in this way. 

Good to know. Also proves my theory that they can still sell tickets without any page changes.