West Holts Announced

Guy Incognito

7 hours ago, Slugworth said:

I’ve seen wu tang 3 times and Method man wasn’t there each time. 

Got to see him and Redman last year at Brixton. As a gig it was pretty shambolic but they played the bangers so got away with it. 

My advice would be to put no faith into Wu tang and go elsewhere 

But I've got nowhere else to go!

8 hours ago, mcshed said:

Seeing them on Sunday, this is shite. Feel bad for Public Enemy and De La Soul if they are support acts for the B team.

Yeh me too. I'm not that fussed really, but my friend really wanted to see them, so he might be a bit gutted. I haven't had the heart to tell him yet ? 

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh me too. I'm not that fussed really, but my friend really wanted to see them, so he might be a bit gutted. I haven't had the heart to tell him yet ? 

They're in London tonight so that's a chance to see who is there, it's never all of them and although Meth is a big miss it's not necessarily a gig ruiner.

3 hours ago, mcshed said:

I've not caught De La before either because some bright spark put them on at the same time as Deltron 3030 on the farm in 2014. That Deltron set was one of the best live hip hop experiences I've had but it was a shame to miss De La Soul.

Shit I saw that by accident. Was a great set. Had no idea who they were!

23 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Shit I saw that by accident. Was a great set. Had no idea who they were!

It's Del Tha Funkee Homosapien and Dan the Automater's weird cool afro-futurist side project and it was one of the best early afternoon sets I've seen at any festival ever.

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

It's Del Tha Funkee Homosapien and Dan the Automater's weird cool afro-futurist side project and it was one of the best early afternoon sets I've seen at any festival ever.

One of the best hip hop gigs I've ever seen. A setup that understood that a huge factor to a gig of this nature is to be able to hear exactly the rhymes the rapper is performing. Something that is lost on the vast majority of venues. Del has such an awesome voice.

Christ, the Wu gig I saw at Newcastle Academy didn't even appear to have them soundcheck the mics. They bundled out their bus an hour after they were supposed to come on, rapped ineligibly throughout the whole show, then scarpered away again.

19 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

not sure he's the best fit for a 'one last push at sundown on the last day' type slot. Setting aside personal disappointment of a clash vs The Cure, it just isn't working for me.

Wish people would stop mentioning who is and isn't suitable for the last night if Glastonbury, it's bumming me out and the festival is still weeks away! 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Well that's the book closed on any lingering thoughts of choosing Wu-Tang over Chemical Brothers...

I think by European Tour he means the current run of dates until late May. They're back in th US for a bit before Glastonbury and so I don't think the line-up will necessarily be the same. Obviously that could mean less of them turning up rather than more, but I don't think Method's absence just now means he definitely won't be on the farm.

10 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

It's all personal preference at the end of the (Sun)day, no need to feel attacked by a forum post.

Just hoped Kamasi would notch a win as the big jazz breakthrough of recent years. A visible slot could still do wonders for him, take him into living rooms across the country or in front of curious onlookers. Sunday at 8pm, it's more likely to be the already-converted.

Anybody who does a belting performance at any time of day or night has a chance of being catapulted and more people will be likely watching at 8pm on a Sunday night. 

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

It's all personal preference at the end of the (Sun)day, no need to feel attacked by a forum post.

My comment was meant in jest mate, certainly don't feel attacked by it, just having a laugh at how bad my festival anxiety is at the mo ?