Worthy View 2019 Questions

GreyKerala

2 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

On that note... What time do you recommend to finish Sunday night (morning) to still be able to go back to WV and then bus station for the 8am coach? I feel like it needs planing ahead, as I like to finish festival off as late as I possibly can.

Tough one that - depends on ground conditions (which will of course be fine this year!) - we've done the walk across the site on Monday AM even in 2016 conditions in less than an hour, but that's leaving WV at around 8am. For a coach at that time, give yourself a good couple of hours maybe for the trip back up to WV and down again? A 4am finish is still very respectable in the modern game (although I am 42 so I'll be very lucky to see that time of a Sunday!).

18 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

On that note... What time do you recommend to finish Sunday night (morning) to still be able to go back to WV and then bus station for the 8am coach? I feel like it needs planing ahead, as I like to finish festival off as late as I possibly can.

If you're not planning to sleep on Sunday night, I'd suggest packing up your belongings on Sunday and storing them overnight at one of the lock-ups. That way, you can go directly to the bus station on Monday morning.

12 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Car park for WV will be open for early arrivals from Tuesday evening.  Arriving during the night might avoid congestion on main roads. In 2016 the road into WV was quiet but the trouble was on the main roads . 

Has this been officially confirmed as the last few years they haven’t let anyone in the field until the Wednesday morning?

20 minutes ago, Smash1984 said:

Has this been officially confirmed as the last few years they haven’t let anyone in the field until the Wednesday morning?

I got an e mail from them in response to me asking about it.  The car park will open Tuesday evening but obviously the camping field won’t open until 8 am Wednesday like the rest of the site 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, rubick said:

Tough one that - depends on ground conditions (which will of course be fine this year!) - we've done the walk across the site on Monday AM even in 2016 conditions in less than an hour, but that's leaving WV at around 8am. For a coach at that time, give yourself a good couple of hours maybe for the trip back up to WV and down again? A 4am finish is still very respectable in the modern game (although I am 42 so I'll be very lucky to see that time of a Sunday!).

Sounds perfect to me! Thank you.

25 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

If you're not planning to sleep on Sunday night, I'd suggest packing up your belongings on Sunday and storing them overnight at one of the lock-ups. That way, you can go directly to the bus station on Monday morning.

Great idea. I know anything can happen, but the plan is to pull an all-nighter and sleep on the coach to make return home as easy as possible.

Did anyone get car directions with their parking permit? Email said they would be there but nothing was included. Mainly looking for if they give a postcode for sat nav and final directions at the end... please and thank you

18 minutes ago, DJL said:

Did anyone get car directions with their parking permit? Email said they would be there but nothing was included. Mainly looking for if they give a postcode for sat nav and final directions at the end... please and thank you

The sat nav postcode is BA4 6TR, don’t think I’ve received any final directions though. 

On 5/13/2019 at 1:55 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

A765B486-CB76-413C-9B0A-96DE66D1FD61.thumb.jpeg.76ece64a994fc3ae42da50ed2cbcc4e9.jpeggot got this from the manufacturers site , this is dimensions. So measure it out on your living room floor and see what space you have got!  As I said before there isn’t a groundsheet in the outer bit at the door , or at least there wasn’t in2016, so we took a bit with us. Got a few photos of the inside but don’t show sizes. Anyway it was a mess , don’t want anyone asking why I take comfort fabric conditioner to Glastonbury ?

Just in case anyone missed this 

7 hours ago, DJL said:

The Sat Nav will likely take you down the road which becomes one-way just before WV, so you have to go around. That's what happened to us. Best off following the signs from the A37, after using Sat Nav to that point.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:45 AM, Havors said:

Oh hey thats bloody good! haha! hmmm they will have definitely sold out by the friday though I reckon? Even if I replenish the ice on the thursday gives me cold drinks to the sunday I reckon though. 

We always decant and freeze our drink before and it works a treat.; Drink stays cool for a few days and you can defrost as necissary. This year we got plastic 'sneaky flasks' from amazon and all of our booze is safely frozen away in capri-sun like packages filled with alcoholic goodness. We will def be buying ice there too, but pre-frozen will help it stay cooler longer ?

12 minutes ago, Jimmerz95 said:

How easy/difficult will it be to make 2 or more trips to the car on Wednesday?

Your question should be... is it really worth the effort to do it all in one trip on the Wednesday?

Take your backpack with you when you go to get your wristband and then nip back out as many times as need be.  You'll be able to avoid the ticket queue and its no more than 400-500yds walking.

Its night and day difference to having to do a second run from the main campsite!