Worthy View 2019 Questions

GreyKerala

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

there's nothing to stop a taxi driving on public roads up the lanes to the WV entrance.

I've no idea how far it is from the road up the track to the car park.

From what I recall.... the entrance i.e where you come off the road onto the track/field is not that far but something you probably would rather not do carrying a load of stuff with you... 

It was basically through one field on to the field where you park which is a large sloping (uphill) field to the entrance into the campsite.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

there's nothing to stop a taxi driving on public roads up the lanes to the WV entrance.

It's few hundred yards from road to car park park   entrance which is also facing entrance to wv

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyone?

You can get relatively close before they start checking the cars for the correct passes, you would probably still be looking a 1/4 mile walk though. That being said, the stewards may let you past anyway, guess it will depend on the steward. Like you said, worth a try imo

4 minutes ago, Smash1984 said:

You can get relatively close before they start checking the cars for the correct passes, you would probably still be looking a 1/4 mile walk though. That being said, the stewards may let you past anyway, guess it will depend on the steward. Like you said, worth a try imo

Wouldn't be an issue if we bought a Worthy View car park pass right?

You should be able to get a taxi to take you to the entrance to the WV carpark... possibly even to the gate if the stewards are nice.  Either way, its not much of a walk from the road to the gate.

The carpark is in the red field and worthy view is in yellow.  You can see where the entrance is, from the tracks in the grass.

KFzRCdB.jpg

Struggling to find a definitive answer to the following:

My girlfriend is travelling in a car with mates staying at WV. I understand she can't get into the festival via WV, so what will be the best option? I know there's a shuttle from the festival bus station to WV but, apparently, she won't be able to use this to hop on the shuttle back to the bus station.

Does anyone have any experience of this? I'm thinking it might be better to make her own way, instead of travelling with Worthy View mates.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Edited by StLewi

12 minutes ago, StLewi said:

Struggling to find a definitive answer to the following:

My girlfriend is travelling in a car with mates staying at WV. I understand she can't get into the festival via WV, so what will be the best option? I know there's a shuttle from the festival bus station to WV but, apparently, she won't be able to use this to hop on the shuttle back to the bus station.

Does anyone have any experience of this? I'm thinking it might be better to make her own way, instead of travelling with Worthy View mates.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

We have the same issue with a friend we are bringing. We emailed the Festival and they said: 

"We recommend you drop your friend at the drop and collect point, based at the Bath and West showground, where they will be able to make use of the free shuttle buses to the main Festival site."

I suspect it would actually be ok to hop on the WV shuttle bus back to the Festival but given they have not confirmed, we won't be taking the risk. 

Edited by Iron14
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Iron14 said:

We have the same issue with a friend we are bringing. We emailed the Festival and they said: 

"We recommend you drop your friend at the drop and collect point, based at the Bath and West showground, where they will be able to make use of the free shuttle buses the main Festival site."

I suspect it would actually be ok to hop on the WV shuttle bus back to the Festival but given they have not confirmed, we won't be taking the risk. 

Thanks!

Will that be a massive detour for those staying at WV?

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Dote stewards not turn some of the roads heading to WV from the main road into a one way system?

6 minutes ago, StLewi said:

Thanks!

I suppose it depends where you're coming from. For us, no, as we'll be coming from the North and it is generally on the way. 

Suspect it would be fine unless your friends are coming from the South West from a quick look on Google maps. 

Edited by Iron14

27 minutes ago, StLewi said:

Thanks!

I know people who have got on the bus back down with normal tickets only - depends on who you speak to probably and if they are being super strict. 

Not sure what choice they can offer you other than yes as walking won’t be safe with all that traffic? So could force their hand....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Dote stewards not turn some of the roads heading to WV from the main road into a one way system?

It's not a one way system as such, but Middleway Road is closed to general access. You need a WV parking ticket for the stewards to let you through to the WV car park. Although it's not far if the taxi dropped you at this point, if you're carrying a lot of gear, it'll feel like 10 miles ? I think the rule is, taxis should drop you off at B&W showground, then you get the WV shuttle bus.

20 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

It's not a one way system as such, but Middleway Road is closed to general access. You need a WV parking ticket for the stewards to let you through to the WV car park. Although it's not far if the taxi dropped you at this point, if you're carrying a lot of gear, it'll feel like 10 miles ? I think the rule is, taxis should drop you off at B&W showground, then you get the WV shuttle bus.

I remember leaving WV and being directed left out the car park. Any idea what the name of the road is that you turn down into from the glastonbury town to pilton road? The one that you go down to get onto the side roads to WV. Missed the turn off in 2016, some smart arse had knocked over the sign! 

46 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Hmm. Not as far as hoofing it across the site from PGA though?

Given there's 7 of us forking out for a car parking pass isn't a big outlay.  The worry would be the Monday morning.

I've hopefully attached an image. Memory a little hazy but where I've circled red is the first point at which there are stewards that check for correct passes before letting anyone past. If you have a pass for the taxi then should be fine.

Someone else also asked about bringing someone with them to WV even though not staying there. We are also doing this with my brother. They do wrist banding etc at Pennard Hill gate but your visitor wouldn't be able to go through WV to get there (unless you had space in one of your tents that is). At the top of the map I've hopefully put a pink line where some of the locals come through on the Sunday which is outside the WV tent area near the bar etc at the top of the steps. I'm not sure how you get to this path from outside WV, presumably walk around the WV boundary but your friends etc could enter this way.

Capture.PNG

Here is a question.... if someone was to walk through the festival to the worth view entrance at the bottom of the hill of death... could they get access to worthy view? Granted their name would be on the list of people staying in one of the tents... but they would already have a wrist band from entering the festival?? 

Im asking because the friend I have who is volunteering for Oxfam is going to be there from monday and will have a staff wristband obviously. But it would be good for him to have access to worthy view to stay with us when he isnt working... (we have space in tent) not sure it would work as I guess you need a general admission ticket to get into worthy view and he wont have one? 

1 hour ago, Smash1984 said:

I've hopefully attached an image. Memory a little hazy but where I've circled red is the first point at which there are stewards that check for correct passes before letting anyone past. If you have a pass for the taxi then should be fine.

Good knowledge! Thanks.

Sounds like a car parking pass is a wise move for arrival. Then can play Monday morning by ear and hope that the checkpoints are largely done away with.

36 minutes ago, Havors said:

Here is a question.... if someone was to walk through the festival to the worth view entrance at the bottom of the hill of death... could they get access to worthy view? Granted their name would be on the list of people staying in one of the tents... but they would already have a wrist band from entering the festival?? 

Im asking because the friend I have who is volunteering for Oxfam is going to be there from monday and will have a staff wristband obviously. But it would be good for him to have access to worthy view to stay with us when he isnt working... (we have space in tent) not sure it would work as I guess you need a general admission ticket to get into worthy view and he wont have one? 

Afraid not. They can exit Pennard Hill gate like anyone else can but when they get to the top of the steps the entrance to the tent area has security so wouldn't get past. That being said, security in previous years staying there have never checked out bands that closely like they do when entering the festival site. Either way, your friend would either have to go through WV or around it to the main WV entrance and exchange their normal wrist band for a WV one. In any case, it wouldn't be worth the hassle imo. If he has a staff pass then he'll have separate camping anyway. There are showers yes but depending where he is on site I'd prefer to use the ones on site than trek all the way up to WV.

Security may let him through with his staff band but I don't know what access they give and if it's area specific.

We're staying again this year and when we leave in the morning we don't go back until 'home'/end of the night.

Edited by Smash1984

2 minutes ago, Smash1984 said:

Afraid not. They can exit Pennard Hill gate like anyone else can but when they get to the top of the steps the entrance to the tent area has security so wouldn't get past. That being said, security in previous years staying there have never checked out bands that closely like they do when entering the festival site. Either way, your friend would either have to go through WV or around it to the main WV entrance and exchange their normal wrist band for a WV one. In any case, it wouldn't be worth the hassle imo. If he has a staff pass then he'll have separate camping anyway. There are showers yes but depending where he is on site I'd prefer to use the ones on site than trek all the way up to WV.

Security may let him through with his staff band but I don't know what access they give and if it's area specific.

We're staying again this year and when we leave in the morning we don't go back until 'home'/end of the night.

Yeah the only reason I was asking is so he could come up and have a drink/bbq with us at the tent. He will have his staff camping and showers etc. He may be able to get up there with his staff band will have to see