Worthy View 2019 Questions

GreyKerala

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not too hard. The car park is right next to the entrance.

Is getting back in line through security going to be a bit of a bother? Or should I expect a fair delay?

1 minute ago, StevieMcK said:

Your question should be... is it really worth the effort to do it all in one trip on the Wednesday?

Take your backpack with you when you go to get your wristband and then nip back out as many times as need be.  You'll be able to avoid the ticket queue and its no more than 400-500yds walking.

Its night and day difference to having to do a second run from the main campsite!

Perfect, thank you very much!

Just now, Jimmerz95 said:

Is getting back in line through security going to be a bit of a bother? Or should I expect a fair delay?

No it's fine. You go to the side to have your wrist band checked but much faster than being searched thoroughly as the first time you enter

Another slightly odd question. I'm staying in an 8 man scout tent and understand that there is a camping shop within the WV compound. Is it possible to buy/hire a groundsheet from there? I guess there is less of a need if the ground is as dry as predicted. 

Additionally, I was chatting to someone in work about the quality of the tents and he said they're strong canvas tents. Are these better for the high temperatures forecast or is there a way we can modify the tents to make them a little more comfortable such as the old foil trick? I appreciate this would ruin the aesthetics of Worthy View so the answers is probably no!

2 hours ago, TiZuff said:

Is it possible to get your Normal wristband at worthy view or do I have to get my ticket/  main  wristband at the main entrance then go up to worthy view to get my w view wristband ? 

You only get a worthy view wrist band.. it gets you in festival aswell as in worthy view. 

2 hours ago, Coppello said:

Additionally, I was chatting to someone in work about the quality of the tents and he said they're strong canvas tents. Are these better for the high temperatures forecast or is there a way we can modify the tents to make them a little more comfortable such as the old foil trick? I appreciate this would ruin the aesthetics of Worthy View so the answers is probably no!

They are cooler than normal tents by a significant factor. I’ve stayed in them since 2014, inc the hot days in 2017. No additional modifications needed for a good night’s sleep.

• Like 1

OK a so the tent email just arrived. No mention of the group name entered when I booked (3 x 2 man scouts on separate orders, with 2 lead bookers). Fingers crossed they’ve actually taken the group name into account when allocating tents....

EDIT: yes, we’re together ??

Edited by phillyfaddle

On 6/22/2019 at 4:11 PM, briddj said:

The Sat Nav will likely take you down the road which becomes one-way just before WV, so you have to go around. That's what happened to us. Best off following the signs from the A37, after using Sat Nav to that point.

Is this not a possible route then? 

Am I better off going back towards Glastonbury from Butleigh?

D7175D7F-304E-480F-B19F-34F0C93DF533.png

23 minutes ago, chrislfc said:

Is this not a possible route then? 

Am I better off going back towards Glastonbury from Butleigh?

D7175D7F-304E-480F-B19F-34F0C93DF533.png

No, that route is fine. But turn off your sat nav when you turn off the A37 and just follow the signs for WV. It’s all clear and just a short distance - 10 mins tops from A37.

45 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Thank God ours isn't we were on very back row last time extra 10 mins each night on walk when you are shattered.  

Much nearer to entrance to festivities this year 

I’m the reverse this year right at the back! On the plus side it should be a little quieter?! Not that WV is that loud at night or morning any way