Worthy View 2019 Questions

GreyKerala

On 6/4/2019 at 9:03 PM, Stubbsy55 said:

Anyone stayed at worthy view before know what the quality of the tents are like? As in how waterproof and stable they are?  

Excellent. But, do check that the tent’s been pegged out properly. Sometimes the odd one’s been chucked up quickly and the inner sheet isn’t quite covered fully by the outer canvas sheet. A quick adjustment of a peg or two and good to go.

We checked this last night - there's a generic info email that usually gets sent out at the start of June which we haven't received yet. Maybe they are just lumping them together this year. Judging by a aerial shot of WV posted on here last week, they are still building the tents in the lower section of the field so maybe waiting until they are all erected. 

6 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Me too. Was wondering about that. And the car park tickets - they arrived a few days before the festival in 2017 ?

Just checked, last time the eTickets were sent out on the 13th and locations were sent on the 19th so I'd imagine either end of this week or early next.

Just now, Mardy said:

Just got my eticket. Just need to forward it o the other people staying in my tent. Presumably i don’t need to send names to WV then, or is that another level of security?

I’m sure names request will follow. I entered mine at time of booking but in other years they’ve always emailed to prompt you to provide/update as needed. 

Just now, Splatt said:

I’m sure names request will follow. I entered mine at time of booking but in other years they’ve always emailed to prompt you to provide/update as needed. 

Ah, ok. Thanks. Bit out of my depth with this WV stuff. Feel it’s the final step of my Glastonbury lifecycle. From fence-jumping through to camping and finally on to pre-rected tents. 

Just now, Mardy said:

Ah, ok. Thanks. Bit out of my depth with this WV stuff. Feel it’s the final step of my Glastonbury lifecycle. From fence-jumping through to camping and finally on to pre-rected tents. 

Yep that me too. You won’t look back. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stubbsy55 said:

Anyone stayed at WV before know what the queues are like for the showers, shuttle buses from coach drop off etc are like? 

Showers - depends on the time. At midday it can be I guess 45 mins (I can only comment on the lads, btw). Other times it's very quick.

Last time around we had to wait about half an hour for the shuttle bus from the coach drop off. I guess it depends on when you arrive, I presume there are a couple that constantly go to and fro.

15 minutes ago, Stubbsy55 said:

Anyone stayed at WV before know what the queues are like for the showers, shuttle buses from coach drop off etc are like? 

Queues for showers vary. I go first thing at 7-730 and it varies from no queue to 15-20 mins. 0800-1200 I reckon it pushes 40-60 mins (this is men’s by the way, females always longer). In afternoon queue is minimal.  Last year I was surprised by queues for toilets, again I’d recommend a visit first thing if you can or hold it in until your on site (long drops by WV festival entrance/exit always quiet!). 

Dont do bus but when leaving queue doesn’t look too bad but by no means no queue - I reckon at worst about an hour but I could be wrong. 

Edited by Splatt

2 minutes ago, Splatt said:

Queues for showers vary. I go first thing at 7-730 and it varies from no queue to 15-20 mins. 0800-1200 I reckon it pushes 40-60 mins (this is men’s by the way, females always longer). In afternoon queue is minimal.  Last year I was surprised by queues for toilets, again I’d recommend a visit first thing if you can or hold it in until your on site (long drops by WV festival entrance/exit always quiet!). 

Dont do bus but when leaving queue doesn’t look too bad but by no means no queue - I reckon at worst about an hour but I could be wrong. 

Another shout for the long drops just as you enter the festival (on the right) my place of choice for a morning movement...if you can wait until then that is

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, jambla said:

Do you have to give see tickets a list of everyone staying in your tent?

Cant remember if i put my wife on the booking and I cant find anywhere confirming her name on the worthy view booking.

No. They send the lead booker a barcode and then as many people as the tent capacity are allowed in using that barcode.

I had the same thought and mailed them to ask.

Edited by Gedh

@Stubbsy55 - a word of warning re: WV shuttle buses - leave A LOT of leeway if you're on any kind of schedule. We had two less than ideal experiences:

In 2016 we got the train. There is a useful direct shuttle bus to/from WV from Castle Cary BUT when we were leaving (early) on Monday morning for the station we waited at least an hour and 15 minutes for one to turn up.

In 2017 we were on the coach and we planned to get the shuttle round from the coach drop off to WV. Something had gone SUPER fucking wrong with traffic management and all but one of the WV shuttles were stuck in gridlock. About 50 people ended up lobbing half our stuff in some blokes van to be driven up to WV (and left somewhere safe???) via a non bolloxed up road. We then had to queue to enter through the main festival gate, walk across the site, up the hill of death and round the side of the whole WV area to get to the main check in where (thank god) our bags had been deposited and were being minded by a steward. NOT fun in the heat.

I think most of the time it works pretty well but sometimes you need to roll with the punches. Not being on a schedule makes that A LOT easier.

10 hours ago, hmmmloddy said:

@Stubbsy55 - a word of warning re: WV shuttle buses - leave A LOT of leeway if you're on any kind of schedule. We had two less than ideal experiences:

In 2016 we got the train. There is a useful direct shuttle bus to/from WV from Castle Cary BUT when we were leaving (early) on Monday morning for the station we waited at least an hour and 15 minutes for one to turn up.

In 2017 we were on the coach and we planned to get the shuttle round from the coach drop off to WV. Something had gone SUPER fucking wrong with traffic management and all but one of the WV shuttles were stuck in gridlock. About 50 people ended up lobbing half our stuff in some blokes van to be driven up to WV (and left somewhere safe???) via a non bolloxed up road. We then had to queue to enter through the main festival gate, walk across the site, up the hill of death and round the side of the whole WV area to get to the main check in where (thank god) our bags had been deposited and were being minded by a steward. NOT fun in the heat.

I think most of the time it works pretty well but sometimes you need to roll with the punches. Not being on a schedule makes that A LOT easier.

Our 2016 experience was the same as your 2017 experience. We waited hours in the coach park before deciding to trek up with all our stuff. Never again! (she says. we'll see) It was also roasting that day. Praying to the transport gods for a smooth ride next Thursday 

We have never risked getting the WV shuttle back to Pedestrian Gate A on the Monday morning, mainly because of the reasons above - they just aren't reliable at peak times. We have always walked down Pennard, past Glade, Other Stage, Silver Hayes then into the coach queues. It's not so bad as you aren't carrying as much as when you arrive - thankfully this year we've opted for a later flight home in the afternoon and so have a later coach departure time - fully expecting to have to hoof it across the site again but at least we'll have a lie in this year!

15 minutes ago, rubick said:

We have never risked getting the WV shuttle back to Pedestrian Gate A on the Monday morning, mainly because of the reasons above - they just aren't reliable at peak times. We have always walked down Pennard, past Glade, Other Stage, Silver Hayes then into the coach queues. It's not so bad as you aren't carrying as much as when you arrive - thankfully this year we've opted for a later flight home in the afternoon and so have a later coach departure time - fully expecting to have to hoof it across the site again but at least we'll have a lie in this year!

On that note... What time do you recommend to finish Sunday night (morning) to still be able to go back to WV and then bus station for the 8am coach? I feel like it needs planing ahead, as I like to finish festival off as late as I possibly can.