Worthy View 2019 Questions

GreyKerala

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Yeah the only reason I was asking is so he could come up and have a drink/bbq with us at the tent. He will have his staff camping and showers etc. He may be able to get up there with his staff band will have to see 

To be honest, it's an obscure enough question that it's quite possible nobody has tried doing exactly that before.

It's been suggested there may be some changes in the way staff & epo wristbands work this year, so it might just be a case of figure it out as you go.

46 minutes ago, Havors said:

Here is a question.... if someone was to walk through the festival to the worth view entrance at the bottom of the hill of death... could they get access to worthy view? Granted their name would be on the list of people staying in one of the tents... but they would already have a wrist band from entering the festival??  

Im asking because the friend I have who is volunteering for Oxfam is going to be there from monday and will have a staff wristband obviously. But it would be good for him to have access to worthy view to stay with us when he isnt working... (we have space in tent) not sure it would work as I guess you need a general admission ticket to get into worthy view and he wont have one? 

you get a WV-specific wristband. if you don't have that, you don't get in (in theory).

I'm guessing a staff pass will be alright but first time maybe he'll need to enter from the top and so long as you've listed him in your tent he'll get a WV pass too.

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Here is a question.... if someone was to walk through the festival to the worth view entrance at the bottom of the hill of death... could they get access to worthy view? Granted their name would be on the list of people staying in one of the tents... but they would already have a wrist band from entering the festival?? 

Im asking because the friend I have who is volunteering for Oxfam is going to be there from monday and will have a staff wristband obviously. But it would be good for him to have access to worthy view to stay with us when he isnt working... (we have space in tent) not sure it would work as I guess you need a general admission ticket to get into worthy view and he wont have one? 

Wristbands checked at the bottom and at the top at the entrance to the camping field  

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmm. Not as far as hoofing it across the site from PGA though?

Given there's 7 of us forking out for a car parking pass isn't a big outlay.  The worry would be the Monday morning.

PGA is deffo worse. You have Mount Kilimanjaro - Pennard Hill - to negotiate at the end. I’ve seen (young) people do it and they’re half dead by the time they get to their tent.

Correct if you have a bag you will always get searched... if no bag they will stop random people. Not coming back into WV though, they only really care about glass being taken into the festival.. any drugs found are a bonus for them ha 

Straight off the coach and into the WV queue. If you're lucky you won't be waiting long for the next transfer shuttle, in 2017 we only had to wait 10 mins. 2016 was a different story, took us nearly three hours to get from PGA to WV - that was after a four hour wait in Bristol Bus Station. Quickest part of our journey that year was the flight from Belfast!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rubick said:

Straight off the coach and into the WV queue. If you're lucky you won't be waiting long for the next transfer shuttle, in 2017 we only had to wait 10 mins. 2016 was a different story, took us nearly three hours to get from PGA to WV - that was after a four hour wait in Bristol Bus Station. Quickest part of our journey that year was the flight from Belfast!

Very true, it took me longer to drive from just before Glastonbury town to WV than it took us to drive from Scotland to the town! Traffic was dead stop, even nipped into a brewers fayre for a meal and rejoined the queue at the same place. 

On 5/13/2019 at 1:55 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

A765B486-CB76-413C-9B0A-96DE66D1FD61.thumb.jpeg.76ece64a994fc3ae42da50ed2cbcc4e9.jpeggot got this from the manufacturers site , this is dimensions. So measure it out on your living room floor and see what space you have got!  As I said before there isn’t a groundsheet in the outer bit at the door , or at least there wasn’t in2016, so we took a bit with us. Got a few photos of the inside but don’t show sizes. Anyway it was a mess , don’t want anyone asking why I take comfort fabric conditioner to Glastonbury ?

This is great, thank you!! :)

I'll get measuring and see what we can fit in 

People asking about the taxis, if i remember correctly, if they have to drop you off at the car park entrance, the hill to the top of the car park is a bit steep.

I seen another thread from last year about people coming up the wrong hill from the festival, is there 2 entrances to avoid searches?

Also, I've heard that they sell ice in worthy view but never known were to look? Wheres the best/cheapest place to buy it in the festival?

Managed to buy some in 2017 but on the weekend, some wanted £25 a bag! (it was roasting hot that year thought!)