Worthy View 2019 Questions

GreyKerala

New here. 

Big mixed group of us heading to Glastonbury this year and we've been trying to find out online about what to expect from Worthy View. Can anyone confirm/link me to where we can find out if:

There's a charging tent/cost? I plan on taking portable chargers but others dont. 

Bus to/from Worthy - worth getting it?

Electrical outlets for hairdryers/straighteners and cost? 

Tents. Is it just a sea of identical looking tents grouped together? Dunno if i can be arsed making mine identifiable but then don't fancy sleeping alone in a ditch cos I can't find it.

only question i can answer there is yes, its worth taking the bus from drop off / car park to WV. 100%

i took a portable charger and didnt do my hair once...so sorry cant help :)

when do WV start getting in touch? its normally around end of may right?

13 minutes ago, GreyKerala said:

New here. 

Big mixed group of us heading to Glastonbury this year and we've been trying to find out online about what to expect from Worthy View. Can anyone confirm/link me to where we can find out if:

There's a charging tent/cost? I plan on taking portable chargers but others dont. 

Tents. Is it just a sea of identical looking tents grouped together? Dunno if i can be arsed making mine identifiable but then don't fancy sleeping alone in a ditch cos I can't find it.

Tent rows are numbered and will have lead bookers name on front 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, GreyKerala said:

There's a charging tent/cost? I plan on taking portable chargers but others dont.   -  I don't think so.

Bus to/from Worthy - worth getting it?  - The WV car park is right beside the entrance, 5min walk max. If you're getting the bus to Glastonbury, then yes, get the shuttle around, otherwise you'll have to walk the whole site.

Electrical outlets for hairdryers/straighteners and cost?  - I think so, not sure of the cost though. 

Tents. Is it just a sea of identical looking tents grouped together? Dunno if i can be arsed making mine identifiable but then don't fancy sleeping alone in a ditch cos I can't find it.  - Pretty much, look up the photos online....

On 5/6/2019 at 10:02 PM, GreyKerala said:

New here. 

3rd year at WV.

No charging tent last few times.. we took portable chargers.

Area set up next to female showers with hairdryers/straighteners etc with large mirrors.. can be used for a fee think it’s around £10 each time you use it.

Tents are numbered and have lead bookers name on, we didn’t bother using anything else to identify our tent and found our way back fine.. it’s all very well lit up when it’s dark and plenty of staff around to ask. 

WV usually send out lots info in an email when you receive your tent number.

Shuttle bus to WV, never used it but this year will need to as getting coach to festival. Looks like a fair trek from coach drop off to WV site. If driving they have own WV parking which is approx 1-2 minutes to WV entrance.

Hope this helps.

The WV email will give you all the info you  need. This will be our second time and looking forward to it, despite being just outside the site it’s near to the late night action and the hill up to it isn’t as bad as some make out. Makes sense to pimp your tent with a flag or solar powered lights so you can find it.rows are numbered so even if you don’t easy enough to find. Scout tents don’t have guy ropes so nothing for anyone who is pissed to trip over. 

• Upvote 1

Glastonbury regular, normally campervan but this is our first time in WV.

Now, I know glass is strictly banned from the festival site but does that include the WV car parks?  Could you possibly bring glass but keep it in the car?, such as spirit bottles that you would decant into plastic before leaving the WV car park.....just wondering! ?

15 minutes ago, Youtopia said:

Now, I know glass is strictly banned from the festival site but does that include the WV car parks?  Could you possibly bring glass but keep it in the car?, such as spirit bottles that you would decant into plastic before leaving the WV car park.....just wondering! ?

if you have the bottles ... just do it before you leave for the fest .... if buying enroute im sure nobody is going to stop you leaving glass in the car 

1 hour ago, Youtopia said:

Nobody checks your car you will get searched on way in so if you leave any glass bottles in boot of car will be fine

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

if you have the bottles ... just do it before you leave for the fest .... if buying enroute im sure nobody is going to stop you leaving glass in the car 

Yeah we bought a bottle on the way last year and kept it in the boot and took it home empty  without any issues...

2 hours ago, Youtopia said:

No Worthy View experience but in 2017 our vehicle was searched as we pulled into the start of blue route, and they were specifically looking for glass. Not sure what would have happened if they’d found any though. 

With regards to the above - just remember that "left in the car" means IN the car. Not dropped randomly on the floor of the car park after decanting (which I've seen repeatedly at various festivals, especially around hospitality/pre-pitched parking)

• Upvote 1

No. Your nearest is Pennards Lock Up on left as you walk down in festival site past stone circle field.

If you try to walk it from Gate A with all of your stuff you’ll DIE. I’ve seen people do it.....

There used to be. But now, due to PAT testing and other H&S regs, you’ll have to pay to use theirs. It’s not cheap! Last year was £10 I think.

They’re all numbered with the lead bookers name, or your group’s name on them. Most get pimped up. You’ll regret it if you don’t ?

Edited by phillyfaddle

This will be my 8th Glasto but first time in Worthy View (can no longer cope with the panic of getting a good camping spot and the back won’t cope with the trek).

We have a 2 man scout tent, does anyone know if they have a pole in the centre which would stop us using a double air bed? Or is it all open inside and no restrictions?

Thanks in advance. 

8 minutes ago, chrisgrimbo said:

This will be my 8th Glasto but first time in Worthy View (can no longer cope with the panic of getting a good camping spot and the back won’t cope with the trek).

We have a 2 man scout tent, does anyone know if they have a pole in the centre which would stop us using a double air bed? Or is it all open inside and no restrictions?

Thanks in advance. 

No poles in the centre and no guy ropes. A double air bed fits fine in the inner tent. This time we’ve opted for two single air beds so that during the day and  getting up we can stack one on top of the other leaving a decent space to get dressed, stand up, etc etc. Always best to bring a bit of groundsheet for the space outside the inner tent. Good for putting camp chairs and leave wellies. 

14 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

No poles in the centre and no guy ropes. A double air bed fits fine in the inner tent. This time we’ve opted for two single air beds so that during the day and  getting up we can stack one on top of the other leaving a decent space to get dressed, stand up, etc etc. Always best to bring a bit of groundsheet for the space outside the inner tent. Good for putting camp chairs and leave wellies. 

Do you or anyone else have any photos of inside the 2 man scout tents? Curious to see what size it actually is

15 hours ago, chrisgrimbo said:

Thanks in advance. 

No pole in the center of a scout tent we fit a self inflating double mat (130cm x 200cm) in one into a 2 man scout tent in 2017  with a bit of room to the side of the mattress for bags

36 minutes ago, NI6789 said:

Do you or anyone else have any photos of inside the 2 man scout tents? Curious to see what size it actually is

A765B486-CB76-413C-9B0A-96DE66D1FD61.thumb.jpeg.76ece64a994fc3ae42da50ed2cbcc4e9.jpeggot got this from the manufacturers site , this is dimensions. So measure it out on your living room floor and see what space you have got!  As I said before there isn’t a groundsheet in the outer bit at the door , or at least there wasn’t in2016, so we took a bit with us. Got a few photos of the inside but don’t show sizes. Anyway it was a mess , don’t want anyone asking why I take comfort fabric conditioner to Glastonbury ?

• Take portable chargers always. No matter were you stay. 
  • Tents are in sections all the same type
  • There is hair dryer parlour thing by the showers
  • The bus is only if you don't arrive by car. You walk into the main festival each day. 
  • There is a few food options.
  • Amazing views from the food/cafe/bar area.
  • Steep hill to walk back up of a night time but its not too bad
  • Sherpas to help you carry your stuff to tents
  • Car park is right next to camp site.
  • Showers get very very busy in the morning but its great to have a shower
  • Toilets are decent and cleaned regularly 
  • Come party with us haha