The Festival Run 2019

deebeedoobee

42 minutes ago, Wurzelcat said:

Ground report? I'm talking sticky stick and gherkin jar stats! 

Will be great to be back on the farm, not sure I'll be thinking the same trudging up the hills tomorrow but I'll survive.

Bit dark to get sticky stick out of storage but ground is soft to good. Boggy in the stone circle stage. Most is on track and it's great under foot.

We had a fantastic time running around the farm today. Ankle deep in mud in several places but the hills were not as bad as I feared. Managed to get round in seconds under an hour too. Well chuffed to be able to do that 34 years after first setting foot on the farm. Here is a hasty shot from above the stone circle. 

E223C679-11E2-44EC-812A-1183075E14DF.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Congratulations everyone. Great effort. I watched from the hill as dots ran around the site. Lots of folk I spoke to did it in times they were happy with. Lucy I may have spoken to you. I recognise the support (probably loads of em though)

Will volunteer next year i hope, if not running.

Nice walk around the site on the sun as well.

Was supposed to run the 10k but due injury ran the 2k rather than not do it at all. Great morning, under foot was very boggy, my trainer left my foot and got left behind at one point. Had to laugh at the start of our run, Michael Eavis was taking to the kids about the festival and one had asked him if he watched it on the telly. He replied it did more than that ? Well done everyone who ran. 

Thank you thank you thank you to all you runners and helpers. We had a fab day and raised a shed load for our charities. Finally tally will be announced once we have counted up the pennies.

Final results will be available on Pilton village website in about 7- 10 days. The provisional results are now on www.racetecresults.com

My Brother in Law ran the 10K course and has told me how well organised it was (he runs a lot). He said the course was quite hard but fair. He had a great time and spoke to someone he used to work with who was handing out the numbers. Went for a superb Sunday lunch at the Working Mans Club afterwards.

Now stuffed.

4 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Congratulations everyone. Great effort. I watched from the hill as dots ran around the site. Lots of folk I spoke to did it in times they were happy with. Lucy I may have spoken to you. I recognise the support (probably loads of em though)

Will volunteer next year i hope, if not running.

Nice walk around the site on the sun as well.

Thank you! Ooh did I talk to you afterwards by one of the little gazebos? 

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Thank you thank you thank you to all you runners and helpers. We had a fab day and raised a shed load for our charities. Finally tally will be announced once we have counted up the pennies.

Final results will be available on Pilton village website in about 7- 10 days. The provisional results are now on www.racetecresults.com

Thank you all for organising it! I really had a great time, even though I ache a bit now!! 

1 minute ago, funkychick2007 said:

Im sat here thinking i wonder how many lovely efestival folk i met today with knowing it! ? ! Great weather the farm looked stunning! Then lovely  sunday roast at the Apple Tree afterwards on the way home! 

Yes me too!!! I was very tempted to stop for a roast on my way home! Next time we’ll be better organised and all go! ?