The Festival Run 2019

deebeedoobee

20 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

You will be absolutely ok, a super star ️ 

anyway my son is the sweeper (Last runner in to check no one is left behind) so if all else fails he can carry you in ?

This is sort of reassuring, I think! Haha! 

13 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Fantastic! Well done you! We will be there to cheer you on! 

Ooh fab! Thanks!!! I'll be the very red sweaty ginger one! HA! 

10 hours ago, Bathimp said:

My mate and I are doing the 10k. Inspired me to build up to that distance after doing the couch to 5k last year. Still worried about the hills but looking forward to it. Sure the good karma helped us get tickets this year too. See you there.  

See you at the start line. Pilton Digger and I will be wearing very fetching race official bibs.

i am SO glad we didn’t pick today as race day. Otherwise we would have to be offering canoes and change the title to a bi-athlon. We could have stuck Micheal Eavis at the top of the pirate ship and got him to start the race from there.

Next weekend is looking like perfect race weather.  

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Did a really good 3 mile run yesterday, will aim for 5 tomorrow and again Friday, so should be race ready by Sunday! Eek! 

Personally I'd consider not running Friday, although there may be others who run more that would disagree with me.  I'd think you'd get more benefit from going into Sunday fully rested and fresh than you would from squeezing in one more run, especially if you're running tomorrow as well.  I'd say you're not really giving your legs time to recover properly from your Wed run.

But happy to be corrected by better runners than I  :)

Edited by Quark

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Personally I'd consider not running Friday, although there may be others who run more that would disagree with me.  I'd think you'd get more benefit from going into Sunday fully rested and fresh than you would from squeezing in one more run, especially if you're running tomorrow as well.  I'd say you're not really giving your legs time to recover properly from your Wed run.

But happy to be corrected by better runners than I  :)

Someone else said this too, so I might just do tomorrow and a walk on Friday, instead of run. 

Thanks! :)

24 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Someone else said this too, so I might just do tomorrow and a walk on Friday, instead of run. 

Thanks! :)

a few extra strong black coffees and an ibroprofen before the run and you'll be fine - that was my strategy before I did the great north last time after one training session - oops - in hindisght it wasn;t the best strategy but it got me round pretty much pain free (I would walk for the next week though :-))

On second thoughts ignore all the above and all the best and have fun

• Upvote 1