The Festival Run 2019

deebeedoobee

The Festival Run 2019 will be taking place on 20 October 2019 at Worthy Farm, Pilton BA4 4BY

A choice of three enjoyable and iconic runs of approx. 10k, 5k and 2k, with some hills, over the famous Glastonbury Festival site, in Pilton, Somerset.

The 10k run will take in the Pyramid Stage, the Stone Circle and the Pirate Ship. It will also pass by the fabulous medieval Pilton Abbey Barn and along part of the old trackway of the Somerset & Dorset Railway!

There will also be runs of 5k and 2k for runners who want to enjoy themselves on the legendary Festival site.

Medal for all finishers!   

Your entry fee will go towards supporting the work of the Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance and the Avalon School Hydrotherapy Pool Project.

Entries can be made at the festival run 2019 entries

Any queries, you can email me on thefestivalrun@gmail.com or ask here.

image.thumb.png.633ca4aab2838ab86dc58ab8d635985e.png
  • Upvote 2

Signed up for the 5K. Was gutted last time that I had to pull out as I'd just had dental surgery and running would have dislodged my tooth, so will have to enjoy it twice as much this time round.

Mr PaaP is planning to sign up for the 10K I think, so I'll get a head start on the cake while I'm waiting for him to finish...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bombfrog said:

On the website https://festivalrun.fullonsport.com/event/the-festival-run-2019/profile it says....

"Keep an eye on www.piltonvillage.co.uk/festival-run"

Should have a .html at the end of it as it currently goes to a "Not Found" page. 

I'd definitely be up for doing the run if I lived nearer.

We are waiting for our web page to be put up. Once it’s live the link will be ok. However for now people can enter by going to Full On Sport here https://festivalrun.fullonsport.com/event/the-festival-run-2019/profile

1 minute ago, deebeedoobee said:

Unfortunately no tickets but you could have a trophy presented to you by Michael Eavis

Tell you what, I'll make a promise to this website and my whole family that if I manage to get some sort of entry to this years fest then I'll do the festival run with as much sponsorship as I can get.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Tell you what, I'll make a promise to this website and my whole family that if I manage to get some sort of entry to this years fest then I'll do the festival run with as much sponsorship as I can get.

maybe you should do it with the pyramid stage on your head ... :) ..... 

Just now, Keithy said:

Doesn't this usually clash with ticket day? In that, it's done after tickets are sold but it's usually on the same Sunday?

Not usually - It clashed with ticket day for the (I think) 2017 festival because t-day got moved back to the 2nd Sunday in October that year. Assuming nothing weird happens, we should be getting our tickets on the 1st Thursday + Sunday of the month.

44 minutes ago, Wondermum said:

Can children enter and do they need accompanying along the route (asks unfit parent of fit and capable children)?

Children can enter the 2km. Under 8 years must be accompanied by an named adult. Note please complete an entry in the name of the child only. ( accompanying adult is free of charge. No entry form needed). For very small children being carried or pushed please complete an entry form in the name of the accompanying adult only. 

5km they must be 13 years and over.

10km must be 15 years or over.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

Doesn't this usually clash with ticket day? In that, it's done after tickets are sold but it's usually on the same Sunday?

We have it on good authority that we will not clash with ticket day. However, no promises. We are 2 weeks later than usual to avoid the clash.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Children can enter the 2km. Under 8 years must be accompanied by an named adult. Note please complete an entry in the name of the child only. ( accompanying adult is free of charge. No entry form needed). For very small children being carried or pushed please complete an entry form in the name of the accompanying adult only. 

5km they must be 13 years and over.

10km must be 15 years or over.

Excellent. The eldest would whizz round 2km in no time. Happy to accompany the two younger ones, but would they need an adult each or can I be responsible for both?

1 minute ago, Wondermum said:

Excellent. The eldest would whizz round 2km in no time. Happy to accompany the two younger ones, but would they need an adult each or can I be responsible for both?

If the adult stays with the children they are responsible for then yes you can be the adult for both children. No problem. I hope you have fun. We look forward to seeing you and everyone there on the day having fun on the farm.