breakfast!

el decimato

On 5/10/2019 at 10:11 AM, StLewi said:

I was contemplating taking something like Heul or breakfast protein powder that has oats in. All you'd need to do is mix it with water and should provide a good start to the day.

Anyone done this before?

I do this. I take ground oats and mix with protein powder and psyllium husk and 500ml of water, and have a banana from somewhere. Gets your job done in the AM on the way in and the way out, so you're not bothered about that business later in the day. And it's hydrating. 

Edited by majormajormajor

I always have a breakfast bar on the morning when I wake up even though they're crap. It's generally important I get something in me as soon as possible after a night on the booze - and it's usually quite a long time between waking and ending up in and around the food stalls where I can grab a proper bite. Any recommendations on breakfast bars greatly appreciated, but I doubt there's any good ones in existence.

Also, is there a "canned crisp" as such, other than the dreadful Pringles?

Those delmonte fruit in syrup things are great to take away the stale beer mouth from the night before. Gives you just enough energy to make a move to the long drop , teeth brushed, comfort bottle emptied then a strong tea and a bacon roll smothered in brown sauce from a catering  van. 

4 hours ago, Fearless_Fish said:

I always have a breakfast bar on the morning when I wake up even though they're crap. It's generally important I get something in me as soon as possible after a night on the booze - and it's usually quite a long time between waking and ending up in and around the food stalls where I can grab a proper bite. Any recommendations on breakfast bars greatly appreciated, but I doubt there's any good ones in existence.

Also, is there a "canned crisp" as such, other than the dreadful Pringles?

Tescos have the cadburys chocolate and raison bars half price at mo! 

We’re taking a wee stove and doing breakfast wraps. Bacon brunch from Sainsbury’s. It’s a foil pouch of sliced potatoes with bacon thats ready cooked and just needs heated. I’ll chuck some eggs in them. We also plan on bringing frozen bacon and sausage in a cool bag for the first couple of days. Wraps stay fresh for ages so I always go with them for festivals 

54 minutes ago, Glitterandcider said:

We’re taking a wee stove and doing breakfast wraps. Bacon brunch from Sainsbury’s. It’s a foil pouch of sliced potatoes with bacon thats ready cooked and just needs heated. I’ll chuck some eggs in them. We also plan on bringing frozen bacon and sausage in a cool bag for the first couple of days. Wraps stay fresh for ages so I always go with them for festivals 

Man up, stick to Scottish traditions and chuck in a deep fried mars bar and a can of Carly super! 

Sainsburys indeed!!!

On 5/10/2019 at 9:30 AM, The Nal said:

Those protein powders aren't cheap. 

The brekkie tacos in Williams Green for example are 4 quid. Theres similar elsewhere. Thats 20 quid for brekkie for 5 days.

Usually go to Strumpets as normally in West CV, but Williams Green will be closer to me this year. What's the stall called please? 

One of the bonuses of working is the meal tickets. We get two for every shift we work which equals six tickets. I generally use these for breakfasts Wednesday - Monday.

Catering marquee just yards from my tent with a fry up and beverages. Not having to walk half a mile to spend £5+ for a bacon roll and cup of tea. Priceless.

One of the downsides of camping in Darble is a distinct lack of any decent food at all (that I am aware of anyway). The canteen, or cafe or whatever it is, is rank and the little coffee place at PGA always has a massive queue. As a result we always end up having to decamp early to get decent food. May have to rethink our camp location this year.

On 5/11/2019 at 10:10 AM, Ddiamondd said:

image.png.dc2819b3f7ee2cc3bde6fd2cb93d0d08.png

Whenever I’ve taken those on a flight, once I take them out to eat in the country I’ve flown to, I find they’ve compressed into a smaller, solid block- I don’t understand why!

25 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

One of the downsides of camping in Darble is a distinct lack of any decent food at all (that I am aware of anyway). The canteen, or cafe or whatever it is, is rank and the little coffee place at PGA always has a massive queue. As a result we always end up having to decamp early to get decent food. May have to rethink our camp location this year.

I only used it on the Monday morning before catching the coach, couldn't get the taste of the grease out of my mouth all the way home. Rethink needed this year.

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

I just take the view that you're going to have to make a move out of your camping field towards the action sometime, so you might as well get breakfast on the way to where ever you're going.  

On 5/11/2019 at 9:22 AM, ivan said:

Years ago one Sunday morning it was a cold Chocolate Milk Shake from the stall in the markets sprnkled with s***d to perk me up and ready for the last day.

And a pint of grapefruit juice with plenty of vodka in my tent to solve the " i just can't be arsed today " you sometimes get sat in your tent , you get  on the Sat or Sun mornings !.

Food wise i used to enjoy the breakfast burritos near the Cider Bus !

s***d???

EDIT: Oh I get it. Yes, that'd wake you up.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Duh

• 1 month later...