breakfast!

el decimato

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Surely individual porridge pots use more waste than a pack of brioche? They don't need to be individually wrapped! I tried giving up plastic to the extent that I don't eat anything even in a plastic bags (plastic free July)...it's pretty much impossible in the current world of packaging and almost sends you loopy 

if you want to become even more consumed by responsible plastic use/disposal you can start ecobricking. 

https://www.ecobricks.org

be warned, it's all consuming! 

20 minutes ago, el decimato said:

if you want to become even more consumed by responsible plastic use/disposal you can start ecobricking. 

https://www.ecobricks.org

be warned, it's all consuming! 

Oh thanks, this is interesting! Sounds like a great idea on the surface, but yeh, also seems like green capitalism and a way to ensure we can continue consumption "guilt-free". I'll definitely look into it though - I get a bit geeky about all this stuff ?

Anyway, we're definitely digressing from the important issue of breakfast!

13 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Notoriously scant brekkie options in The Park, mind.  There's the fruit place, I guess, but your money doesn't go very far there.

There was a brilliant place at the entrance to The Park a couple of years ago that did bubble and squeak with freshly poached eggs and a big slice of thick cut ham, best thing I ate that weekend!

14 hours ago, Bza said:

Really easy. Just screw the thread into a c300 gas canister (unscrew when not using, there is a value inside the canister so gas won't leak out when you unscrew it).

I usually take 2 c300s but usually only end up finishing 1. 

Pretty sure you'll be able to buy them on site if you do run out. 

Great, thanks! I had a quick look in Mountain Warehouse yesterday but wasn't sure how many canisters to buy. Got another festival at the end of this month so will give the stove a dry run there, hopefully I don't blow myself up!

4 minutes ago, coma girl said:

There was a brilliant place at the entrance to The Park a couple of years ago that did bubble and squeak with freshly poached eggs and a big slice of thick cut ham, best thing I ate that weekend!

Great, thanks! I had a quick look in Mountain Warehouse yesterday but wasn't sure how many canisters to buy. Got another festival at the end of this month so will give the stove a dry run there, hopefully I don't blow myself up!

This is one reason why I don’t bring cooking equipment to Glastonbury, I’m pretty clumsy anyway and can’t trust myself with anything more dangerous than a lighter. 

Charm x

Edited by Charm

Definitely a smoothie with as many additions as possible ASAP after waking up, have a smoke and a cereal bar/granola/flapjack to whet the appetite - then a pint. Followed by some paella or other rice based stodge to fill you for the day. (tried and tested since 2012).

14 hours ago, benc said:

No one has mentioned Buckfast, which is almost spelt the same as breakfast. No stove required.

Out of upvotes but a buckie breakie is dangerously good fun.  And all the caffeine in it suppresses your hunger till lunch.  Win/Win in my book 

2 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Even looking at buckfast makes my kidneys hurt.

Not surprising when you look at the ingredients. 

Red wine based aperitif, 15% v/v.

Sodium glycerophosphate, an emulsifier.

Dipotassium phosphate, a protein stabiliser

Disodium phosphate, a stabiliser and emulsifier.

Caffeine, 0.0375%w/v

Vanillin

It's my birthday on the Friday this year. Normally just make do with a brioche and Capri-Sun for breakfast, but thought it might be nice if my friends and I went for a nice breakfast together that morning. Anyone got any suggestions? Somewhere good for vegetarians and meat eaters?

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

I know Worthy View cafe does breakfasts. For any previous or current WV residents have you ever been there? is it like sausage/egg baps and the such? Swear I read somewhere that they've done blueberry pancakes in the past ?

The Flying Machine Café is just at the bottom of the WV tent field just as you head down the hill. They do a mixture of fried breakfasts and sweeter things like muffins/pancakes/waffles plus a decent range of tea and coffee - it can get really busy at peak times though. 

22 minutes ago, coma girl said:

Not been to Glasgow recently then? Its still the forefront of drink choices here! Personally I don't get the attraction

Have been yeah and found some of the best Bucky free drinking holes I've ever been in! The Ben Nevis for example. Mucho!

8 minutes ago, rubick said:

The Flying Machine Café is just at the bottom of the WV tent field just as you head down the hill. They do a mixture of fried breakfasts and sweeter things like muffins/pancakes/waffles plus a decent range of tea and coffee - it can get really busy at peak times though. 

Just checked out the menu, looks perfect!

6 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Just checked out the menu, looks perfect!

Now that I think of it, there's also a van beside The Flying machine that does breakfast rolls and such. Also within the WV camping area itself there's a coffee van that does incredible real fruit smoothies, ideal first thing in the morning - but be prepared for a queue!

12 minutes ago, rubick said:

Now that I think of it, there's also a van beside The Flying machine that does breakfast rolls and such. Also within the WV camping area itself there's a coffee van that does incredible real fruit smoothies, ideal first thing in the morning - but be prepared for a queue!

I'll bear that in mind, thank you. How long is it all open for do you know?

2 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

I'll bear that in mind, thank you. How long is it all open for do you know?

Breakfasts are usually open from 7am from what I remember, until around 7pm in the evening. The Flying Machine actually has live music at times too, at least they do at Electric Picnic festival in Ireland every year.

• Upvote 1

I was contemplating taking something like Heul or breakfast protein powder that has oats in. All you'd need to do is mix it with water and should provide a good start to the day.

Anyone done this before?

Edited by StLewi
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, StLewi said:

I was contemplating taking something like Heul or breakfast protein powder that has oats in. All you'd need to do is mix it with water and should provide a good start to the day.

Anyone done this before?

No but it sounds awful. Especially considering the choice of food available on site. 

• Like 2