breakfast!

el decimato

49 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I’m craving a Bloody Mary thinking about brunch - if anyone has had any top notch Bloody Marys on site in the past, please let me know where

Top of the park sell really good ones cant remember the name but always run out by late morning so need to be quick. 

• Upvote 1

Old and traveling by coach, so no way I would carry any of this stuff, but have in the past when budget dictated it. I always hated washing up when cooking stuff in a pan, that's a big driver for me, plus tbh the stuff there (as long as you look for it) is just so much nicer. 

Actually nice to follow your pallet too, which does vary depending what I'm up to and what else I've eaten or drunk. 

Edited by clarkete

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:30 AM, Bza said:

In terms of camping stoves, I take one of these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GTXRTLV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FWa0Cb6RM500B

Very small once packed away so can fit in a rucksack pocket and really kicks out some heat. So much better than those briefcase style ones. 

I have bought one of those but not used it yet, are they pretty easy to use? How  much fuel do you need for the festival?

On 5/6/2019 at 7:43 AM, el decimato said:

so, going to glasto is a long held dream for me which is finally coming true! 

I'm obviously more excited than a kid before Christmas and have duly read as much of this thread as I can, watched every blog, stared at the map for hours, worked spotify into submission etc etc in order to vent my excitement.

the only question that I don't think I've seen asked/answered is about breakfast! 

I don't want to buy one every morning and won't always be in the mood for one but.... 

can anyone recommend a good breakfast which will survive being in a tent for 4 days?

im currently thinking of... bread (obvs), mushrooms (no not that kind!), chorizo, maybe beans. maybe. 

any gastronomic advice welcome! 

tl:dr

breakfast suggestions please. 

Strong Coffee. 2 teaspoons

Hot water. 3rd of a pint

Jack Daniels. 2 Shots

Honey. 1 to 2 teaspoons to taste

Mix all in a suitable container

Possibly in a small room.?

Drink.

?

Edited by mashedonmud
Long long weekend at first festival ?

15 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Strong Coffee. 2 teaspoons

Hot water. 3rd of a pint

Jack Daniels. 2 Shots

Honey. 1 to 2 teaspoons to taste

Mix all in a suitable vestibule.

Drink.

?

vestibule

noun [ C ]

formal a small room just inside the outerdoor of a public building where you canleave your coat, etc.:

???

• Upvote 2

I only bring a handful of protein bars with me to the site, so my breakfast usually begins with a little stroll from my tent at Pennards, to grab something from the Park, via the long drops at the top. Don’t start drinking until at least midday.

2 hours ago, StormCrow said:

I normally have flapjacks on waking then head out to manic organic for fruit salad and muesli 

ZDGn9KB.jpg

You see this is close to the sort of breakfast I have at home and can't bring myself to spend money on at a festival.  I'd rather skip "breakfast" and have a more interesting meal a bit later.  And then another one later on.

9 hours ago, WStoner said:

Stove for porridge / going without / buying something from one of the vendors is the best option.  

Individually wrapped cereal bars or brioche etc. are nice but waaaaay too much un-recyclable plastic :( 

Surely individual porridge pots use more waste than a pack of brioche? They don't need to be individually wrapped! I tried giving up plastic to the extent that I don't eat anything even in a plastic bags (plastic free July)...it's pretty much impossible in the current world of packaging and almost sends you loopy