Cameras - what do you take with you?

Wondermum

4 hours ago, plot2pot said:

I found my old 35mm Canon SLR body the other day and have decided I’m going to take it this year. I’ll probably stick my cheap as chips but very good 50mm lens on it and pick up some black and white film and hopefully get some good shots whilst not having too much about losing it whilst pissed!

I have a EOS 5 that I slapped a canon 50 Mk2 f1:8 and always got fab results. Used to shoot Kodak CN400 C41 B&W film for ease of processing but they’ve stopped selling it now which is shame.  I’d love to take my Sigma Art 24mm lens on a film body out to play one year  but would be scared of doing damage to it! 

3 hours ago, Bennykill said:

I have a Sony WX500. Massive zoom and small enough to fit in your pocket. Takes a really nice photo too (no compact is going to be comparable to my DSLR but this is as close as it can be). It is also not to expensive if lost or broken. 

I like the look of this one, but can you take out and replace the battery? I like to take a few charged batteries for my camera with me but I'm not sure if you can with this one..? 

6 hours ago, barkley87 said:

I like the look of this one, but can you take out and replace the battery? I like to take a few charged batteries for my camera with me but I'm not sure if you can with this one..? 

Yes you can. I bought a couple of extra batteries from eBay for next to nothing and they came with an external charger too. 

For film I’d really recommend getting a cheapish decent automatic film camera from eBay. Can get them for about £10. So much better and of course longer lasting than a disposable, and if you don’t want the extra weight lighter than an analogue slr. As for film I’d recommend anything with a high iso - more expensive but you’ll get more prints back ultimately!  

5 hours ago, Bennykill said:

Yes you can. I bought a couple of extra batteries from eBay for next to nothing and they came with an external charger too. 

Brill thanks! I'm still deciding whether it's worth buying a new camera just to use a couple of times a year at festivals and holidays, but if I do that's probably the one I'll get. 

I usually take my Nikon DSLR and a 35mm f1.8 prime lens, and no others. The results were pretty good and no bag of lenses to heave around or ditch in the lockups.

Even if you do bring a camera, just do a few shots and enjoy the moment for the rest.

On 5/6/2019 at 1:14 PM, barkley87 said:

Brill thanks! I'm still deciding whether it's worth buying a new camera just to use a couple of times a year at festivals and holidays, but if I do that's probably the one I'll get. 

I find I take mine to pretty much every gig I go to now. The massive zoom and manual functions mean I get some great shots, even from the back of the O2 (this is one from Florence a couple of months ago)

2C2F33EB-148A-41AE-9D49-915DE91BBD6A.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

I find I take mine to pretty much every gig I go to now. The massive zoom and manual functions mean I get some great shots, even from the back of the O2 (this is one from Florence a couple of months ago)

2C2F33EB-148A-41AE-9D49-915DE91BBD6A.jpeg

That's fab! If I'd have known about this camera back in 2017 I'd have definitely got one to take some amazing Radiohead pics...but there's no one I'm that bothered about photographing this year which is why I'm in two minds. If I can find a cheap second hand one I'll definitely be getting it though!