Ever get to the Sunday and can't eat?

CaledonianGonzo

59 minutes ago, duke88 said:

How on Earth are people alive after not eating from Wednesday to Sunday? 

Well, it's not a nil by mouth regime. When I did it, I was drinking red wine morning, noon and night, as well as taking certain appetiser suppressants. I guess it was whatever goodness there is to be had from red wine that kept me going. As I also inferred, it's not something that I would really recommend. I've had many a fragile state of mind in my life, but that one experience is about as close as I ever want to get to the bending edge. It was a real mud monster of a year too, which didn't help my fragile state of mind. I recall being temporarily paralysed adjacent to the Pyramid stage on the Sunday evening, next to some food stalls. The one stall just played Dolly Partons 9 to 5 on a continuous loop, over and over again (I think Dolly may have played that year). Anyway, I actually normally like that song. However, in this instance my paranoid brain determined that the food stall owner was taking the piss out of us all having to go back to reality the next day. I wasn't alone, by the way. I was with one of my mates, who had also followed the same strict diet. I've never felt the way I did then since, and never want to repeat the experience. I'm not ashamed to say that it frightened me to my inner core.

9 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Full of nutrients and healthy fats, but like trying to munch on some goddamn gravel.

Chocolate - my final offer. Peanut M and Ms maintain their integrity under duress and are, as discussed earlier, packed with essential nutrients.

Sunday is the day I eat the most.

I’ve normally had enough of the pharmaceuticals by then, so it’s food, water and a couple of beverages in the evening for me.

You need things that require minimal effort, sausage and mash, pizza, pasta and ice cream. 

Get your calories in. 

7 hours ago, lucyginger said:

I find the standard festival breakfast of 7 pringles and a line is enough to sort you out until about two days later when you need an emergency crepe before you turn inside out. 

7 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

Sounds like an easyjet flight...

Hahaha. This is underrated. I ran out of upvotes for the second post sorry! Will try and remember to return.

9 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I always visualise russycarps (may God rest his soul) off watching The Doves whilst Neil Young was deploying the full fireworks on the Pymild. And that's a bad enough self-own.

What happened to russy?

Has anyone ever been at their most banjo’d by the Sunday? If you’ve been on it since Wednesday, this is the day where you’re gonna be least spangled. The 

Sundays a pure slog for me. Never feel as if I can reach the heights of previous days. I tend to eat more on Sunday than I’ve eaten from all the other days combined. 

Not eating just isn't worth it. I used to not eat very much at all and end up crashing and burning/in some right old states. At least one one meal a day and snacking I can stay on a similar level for 12 hours plus, which is much better.

1 minute ago, Badlands said:

Has anyone ever been at their most banjo’d by the Sunday? If you’ve been on it since Wednesday, this is the day where you’re gonna be least spangled. The 

Sundays a pure slog for me. Never feel as if I can reach the heights of previous days. I tend to eat more on Sunday than I’ve eaten from all the other days combined. 

I've woken up  on the Sunday so many times with 'the fear', thinking 'you're done, you can't do another day'. Then by the headliner I'm having my best night of the festival - see Chemical Brothers, LCD and Justice at the last three festivals. You just need to keep drinking and I find the turning point usually comes in the afternoon. After the headliner you're in the last chance saloon and that drives you into the after hours stuff with a spring in your step.

26 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

What happened to russy?

Word on the street is that he's loitering but keeping schtum at the moment, but planning a return at some point.

Popular opinion has it that as he's one shy of 20,000 posts he's keeping his powder dry for something absolutely spectacular to hit the milestone. 

My personal theory is that he's been crafting a single post for about 12 months, and we're just going to get a 2-page list of people he thinks are c*nts :D

• Upvote 2

Bang a couple of dioralyte down first for rehydration, give them half an hour to kick in. Then go for something fairly runny - soup, a smoothie, or my personal favourite... A tin of cold sausage & spaghetti (pretty much slides down with no chewing). Give it another few minutes and you'll be craving a proper meal!

After all that, you can get back to the dregs of your tent warmed ciders.

1 minute ago, Lakey91 said:

Bang a couple of dioralyte down first for rehydration, give them half an hour to kick in.

Friend of mine introduced me to the re-hydration sachets a few years back after a night out, but taking them before bed along with a couple of paracetemol.  If you're sober enough to remember to do it, I've definitely found it more effective than the morning after.

Pretty sure it's been mentioned elsewhere on here already

Just now, Quark said:

Friend of mine introduced me to the re-hydration sachets a few years back after a night out, but taking them before bed along with a couple of paracetemol.  If you're sober enough to remember to do it, I've definitely found it more effective than the morning after.

Pretty sure it's been mentioned elsewhere on here already

Yep absolute lifesaver this. The difference between waking up feeling ready to take on the day and waking up feeling like you’re gonna die. I immediately know if I’ve remembered to neck this pre-sleep the moment I open my eyes in the morning. I usually opt to pre-mix diotalyte and alca-seltzer in a bottle and leave it on my pillow before heading out for the night to be sure.

51 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep absolute lifesaver this. The difference between waking up feeling ready to take on the day and waking up feeling like you’re gonna die. I immediately know if I’ve remembered to neck this pre-sleep the moment I open my eyes in the morning. I usually opt to pre-mix diotalyte and alca-seltzer in a bottle and leave it on my pillow before heading out for the night to be sure.

I swear by it as well.  For a while you could get ready mixed cartons of diotalyte, but can't seem to find them anymore

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Popular opinion has it that as he's one shy of 20,000 posts he's keeping his powder dry for something absolutely spectacular to hit the milestone.

Something so self indulgent would be the antithesis of everything he stood for!

12 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bristol Airport Burger King Mondays: a recent timeline

2013:  Alcohol poisoning / every fibre of my body undergoing astral projection

2014: Threw up in a bush outside the terminal.

2015:  Cuddled the taxi driver and sang Bargain by The Who at him. Might have managed a frappucino.

2016:  Taxi was late so no time to do anything but run through and get kettled for ages in a place with no refreshments.

2017: Not too bad. No fizz in the self-serve drinks. James Yorkston also present.

So...that's progress I guess.

A friend who has to fly into Bristol for work says they've expanded their food options so the most depressing burger you'll ever eat can now be replaced with a depressing burrito.

12 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

I'm sorry, but the first half of your sentence was fine.  Then you ruined it with "sober".  We could have been friends.

Always worry about the number of people that this is actually true for. I have no problem with friends who don't do it sober but it does seem to be an issue for some people that I'll remember what they do!