Ever get to the Sunday and can't eat?

CaledonianGonzo

26 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's also about the drugs.

??.

In the past yes I’ve struggled with sustenance on the Sunday, mainly because my mouth feels like I’ve chewed on a brick. But with age comes wisdom (or so they say) and I’m a one meal a day person now. 

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A thread that sorts out the lightweights 

Indeed. If by lightweight you mean someone gets to Sunday and whines about not facing food instead of squaring their shoulders, chinning a cider and getting some scran down them :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cookie Monster plainly had some sustenance in him. He was just down the hill from Strumpets with Crumpets.

I regret not seeing him with my own eyes more than I regret seeing Bloc Party instead of Neil Young, or Muse instead of Pet Shop Boys.

Just now, Quark said:

Indeed. If by lightweight you mean someone gets to Sunday and whines about not facing food instead of squaring their shoulders, chinning a cider and getting some scran down them :P

Maybe I was already sorting myself into the lightweights bracket.

That said, the Sunday cider-chinning can generally be taken as read. At least until the lockjaw kicks in.

haha the monday morning after makes me feel like I belong in an asylum. 

Yeah I regularly can't eat after a few days of partying festival style. Instead you wake up and have a Tinny for breakfast. 

Just the sight of solid food makes me feel a little weird.

Edited by Xeph1995

7 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Cookie monster on a casio? What the hell have i missed? :O

Story on the "seen at glasto" thread a couple of years back. If I remember correctly, a dude in a full body cookie monster outfit, minus the head, sat on the floor with a mini casio keyboard. Someone offered him a cookie (natch) and his response was to look very confused, then say "do you know this one?" before repeatedly pressing a single key over and over and over.

One of my all time favourite stories

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

No that never happens to me. The food at the festival is almost as important as the music but I do the festival sober. :D 

Although I’m not sober. I look forward to the food at the festival as much as I do the music. ❤️

• Like 1

My problem is that there's far too much choice at Glastonbury, so I sort of decide that I want food from Stall A, change my mind, and really crave Stall B, and then it's 2 in the morning and my wife is calling me an idiot for not eating again as I struggle to walk straight, as I still manage to keep drinking.

As for the not wanting to eat. Buckfast. It helps bring back the hunger.

Just now, Greenelk said:

My problem is that there's far too much choice at Glastonbury, so I sort of decide that I want food from Stall A, change my mind, and really crave Stall B, and then it's 2 in the morning and my wife is calling me an idiot for not eating again as I struggle to walk straight, as I still manage to keep drinking.

As for the not wanting to eat. Buckfast. It helps bring back the hunger.

I'm awful for that. I walk past delicious stall after delicious stall because I can't make up my mind. Then I eat some shit noodles.

• Upvote 1

every day's the same..

berocca & dioralyte. then a FUCKING MASSIVE breakfast with multiple brews, once the sun's over the yard arm it's booze time inter-spliced with whatever delights are on offer. :P

you're obviously not walking/seeing/experiencing enough to offset the need for festival carbs. ?? unless you're fueling yourself some other way? :secret:

+1 for all the ice cream suggestions. I couldn’t face any hot salty food most of the fest but the last day an ice cream sandwich in the park sorted me right out. The idea was a battle but the pay off was well worth it.