Ever get to the Sunday and can't eat?

CaledonianGonzo

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This is a given as a pick me up, but does it count as eating? It kicks the can down the road, but in the long run could be said to exacerbate the problem.

Agreed, technically it’s not eating, but you only need to kick the can down the road as far as Monday! Then it’s a case of cereal bars then building it up from there. 

1 minute ago, Walter Mitty said:

Agreed, technically it’s not eating, but you only need to kick the can down the road as far as Monday! Then it’s a case of cereal bars then building it up from there. 

There speaks a man who (possibly) hasn't collapsed while being kettled at Bristol Airport.

• Upvote 1

How do you all not eat all day, or all days???

Breakfast at the van, second breakfast at the cajun place in WG, lunch (sandwiches), late tea Goan fish curry, supper.

You know Glastonbury isn't just about the music. It's about the music, the food and alcohol.

• Like 1

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

*Shrug* you get better. Burger King on the way home, sorted.

Bristol Airport Burger King Mondays: a recent timeline

2013:  Alcohol poisoning / every fibre of my body undergoing astral projection

2014: Threw up in a bush outside the terminal.

2015:  Cuddled the taxi driver and sang Bargain by The Who at him. Might have managed a frappucino.

2016:  Taxi was late so no time to do anything but run through and get kettled for ages in a place with no refreshments.

2017: Not too bad. No fizz in the self-serve drinks. James Yorkston also present.

So...that's progress I guess.

• Downvote 1

Even when I'm feeling ropey i can always eat potatoes. Comfort food which is why I love le grande bouffe so much. Those creamy potatoes get me through the festival and provide much needed stodge. Absolute lifesaver in 2016. 

16 minutes ago, carlosj said:

How do you all not eat all day, or all days???

Breakfast at the van, second breakfast at the cajun place in WG, lunch (sandwiches), late tea Goan fish curry, supper.

You know Glastonbury isn't just about the music. It's about the music, the food and alcohol.

It's also about the drugs.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's also about the drugs.

I did wonder. That's probably why I don't do them. Skinny jeans aren't my style.

Quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever read on these pages. Even more than the one about the guy in the Cookie Monster outfit with a Casio keyboard.

No, I have never gotten to the Sunday and not been able to eat.