Ever get to the Sunday and can't eat?

CaledonianGonzo

In 2016 my first year I overdid it and only ate one meal from Friday-Sunday... 

2017 I basically forced myself to eat a meal before any of the partying really started each day. 

Also I made sure I brought stuff I love eating so as to tempt me... like Reece's peanut butter cups and chocolate chip cookies. 

I've got to Sunday evening without eating previously from the Wednesday up to that point. All I could think at that moment (apart from the thought that I was possibly having a brain haemorrhage) was the need to eat. I did manage to buy some food, and took it back to my tent to eat it, like an animal would in it's lair. That was a deeply psychologically disturbing time. I'll never do that again at a festival, no matter how much gear I take. 

I guess that wasn't what you asked, but I still need to tell the story every now and again, as some sort cathartic exercise. 

Eat people. Do not not eat.

• Upvote 2

My stomach shuts down at festivals and I usually get by on a meal a day. I  try and eat as much as possible in the morning, and I don;t start drinking until midday/I've eaten. Pie, mash and peas is maximum stodge per buck. Then I carry nuts and/or crisps/biscuits. When I start flagging I eat a handful of nuts (washed down with booze). It seems to work.

Edited by Homer

Milk from the stalls is a good option. Then a Shaken Udder filled up with rum for elevenses and you're generally back in the match. 

But the human body has to accept solids again at some point lest on the way home you wind up on the floor of a petrol station toilet having a conniption.

I am the opposite and don't each much during the festival (Less in less out !!) but always treat myself to a burger and chips on the sad last walk back to the tent. 

To be honest by midnight Sunday the festival has well and truly had me.

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

There's a milkshake place, somewhere between W Holts and the railway.  One of their milkshakes has chocolate digestives mixed into it.  That's basically a meal.

I make sure to know the locations of all available milkshake vendors.

And that's before I know if Tommy Robinson's even nearby.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sunday 2017 I went without food all day until just before Justice when I forced a currywurst down my gullet.

Ice cream seems about the easiest option, but if you're the other side of the site from Mendip Moments (or that place in Glebelands) then you're goosed.

Twister ice-creams. Stumbled across an ice-cream van when I was in this kind of scenario in 2014.

It tasted like the most beautiful thing I'd ever consumed