Campervan and Car Parking

Caribun

Hallo all! 

Hubby and I are finally attending our first Glastonbury! We are going with some friends who have a campervan and campervan pass. 

We are going to camp alongside their van but they don't have enough seats in the campervan for us all to drive down together. Does anyone know whether or not we are able to drive in our car and park with their campervan (they won't have a car, just their van) on the Tuesday or do we need to wait for Wednesday and park in the main car parks? 

Also, if we park in the main car park, can we go and join them on Tuesday, or do we need to wait until Wednesday? They are going to take all our stuff for us which is super kind so we don't need to worry desperately about where we park etc. but we're just curious. 

You will not be able to park in the CV fields, you have to park in the regular car park and unless you are able to blag the stewards on Tuesday (i would imagine very unlikely) you will have to wait until wednesday (probably around 7am)  to walk from the car park to the CV fields.

My wife and daughter joined us on the wednesday a couple of years ago.

Are they East or West CV.? make sure you park on the same side or it will be a long trek.

3 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

You will not be able to park in the CV fields, you have to park in the regular car park and unless you are able to blag the stewards on Tuesday (i would imagine very unlikely) you will have to wait until wednesday (probably around 7am)  to walk from the car park to the CV fields.

My wife and daughter joined us on the wednesday a couple of years ago.

Are they East or West CV.? make sure you park on the same side or it will be a long trek.

Thanks for this :) I don't know actually, they're disabled camping though if that narrows it down? 

5 hours ago, Caribun said:

Hallo all! 

Hubby and I are finally attending our first Glastonbury! We are going with some friends who have a campervan and campervan pass. 

We are going to camp alongside their van but they don't have enough seats in the campervan for us all to drive down together. Does anyone know whether or not we are able to drive in our car and park with their campervan (they won't have a car, just their van) on the Tuesday or do we need to wait for Wednesday and park in the main car parks? 

Also, if we park in the main car park, can we go and join them on Tuesday, or do we need to wait until Wednesday? They are going to take all our stuff for us which is super kind so we don't need to worry desperately about where we park etc. but we're just curious. 

4 hours ago, Caribun said:

Thanks for this :) I don't know actually, they're disabled camping though if that narrows it down? 

You'll be fine. Pack your stuff in the van.  When will the van be down here? Worse case, van is here for 0900 (Tue) and you're in the car in the afternoon.  Just make sure everything you need is in the van though!

In years gone by (2016 and before) I understand it was hard work going from the carpark to the campervan field.  Not in 2017 (for East). I assume it will be the same again

15 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

probably East then but make sure you check it out... I am sure people with better knowledge/experience than me will opine on the disabled CV field are and what access you need (if any).

Have a great first Glastonbury.!

10 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

You'll be fine. Pack your stuff in the van.  When will the van be down here? Worse case, van is here for 0900 (Tue) and you're in the car in the afternoon.  Just make sure everything you need is in the van though!

In years gone by (2016 and before) I understand it was hard work going from the carpark to the campervan field.  Not in 2017 (for East). I assume it will be the same again

Thank you both :)

Van is arriving at around midday-2pm on the Tuesday and now we know that we can't come on the Tues we'll come down from Leics on the Wednesday afternoon. We're very fortunate I know that our friends are going to bring all of our stuff for us and put our tent up too, so we only need to bring ourselves, our tickets and our walking boots in the car! 

Am prepared for a bit of a slog to get to the van, but hoping we can park nearby. If not, no worries, I'm just super excited! 

May now actually post in the lift shares as we will have an almost empty car and space for a couple of fellow travellers :D

Edited by Caribun

Also, to be honest if you're not carrying loads of stuff it can be nice having a wander and getting a feel for the place as you walk across to the CV fields.

You'll see tons of people who are way too ambitious about the amount they should transport in one trip from the car ?

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

Also, to be honest if you're not carrying loads of stuff it can be nice having a wander and getting a feel for the place as you walk across to the CV fields.

You'll see tons of people who are way too ambitious about the amount they should transport in one trip from the car ?

hmmmm.. not so sure about this.. ?

If you park on the West and camp in the East CV (most likely) a gentle stroll in the sunshine for a couple of hours could be very pleasant.. If it is stinking it down with rain and muddy when you leave, it may not be so pleasant though..  Park as near as you can.Then get to your camping spot, crack open a cider and enjoy the view from the top of the hill. Then wander at leisure.

Assuming that you are in CV East, (the disabled field is in E21/E20 at the top of the hill) and that you parked in Car Park Blue 8, it would take you 10-15 minutes to get to your CV/Tent (see the map). Coming from Leicester, you will probably be looking at M69, M42 and M5, which would have you to the west of the site... you may need to get off at the M4 and come round Bristol to get to the east. 

Webmap-2019-v3-.png

On 5/3/2019 at 7:18 PM, Caribun said:

Hallo all! 

You can park in the East Car Parks and walk to the campervan fields from 9pm on Tuesday night,  most of the replies you have received about this are incorrect. I am a member of this Facebook group - Glasto chat 'Soft lads 'n' lasses' (East) campervan field group -  https://www.facebook.com/groups/640886455928864/  and searched "Can you walk from east car parks to the campervan fields on Tuesday night" I am not able to post screenshots from these pages as its against the groups rules but if you join and run the same search you will see in the top thread that someone contacted the festival and had a reply confirming that you can walk from the car parks to the campervan fields once the car parks have opened at 9pm. 

There is a disabled over spill area in East 21 which is where I am guessing your friends have been allocated a space by the Access team. The main disabled campsite in within the festival and doesn't open until Wednesday at 8am. Have a fabulous time!! :)

Edited by StoneCircle

Apologies @Caribun for the Tuesday night bum steer... i had forgotten about the queueing on the Hill of Death on Tuesday in 2017. I assume that came about as a reaction to the Manchester Arena atrocity and the need for added security.

At least you will now be golden for a Tuesday arrival, which will make for an easier journey.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your advice, it is very much appreciated! Can't wait to attend our first Glastonbury, we had tickets for 2017 but unfortunately couldn't attend as hubby's dad was diagnosed with brain cancer a couple of weeks before the festival started. 

So key things to remember, we want blue car parks and the east side of the festival and we can arrive on Tuesday and park in the normal car park and join our friends on foot in the east campervan site. :)

28 minutes ago, Caribun said:

Thank you all for your advice, it is very much appreciated! Can't wait to attend our first Glastonbury, we had tickets for 2017 but unfortunately couldn't attend as hubby's dad was diagnosed with brain cancer a couple of weeks before the festival started. 

So key things to remember, we want blue car parks and the east side of the festival and we can arrive on Tuesday and park in the normal car park and join our friends on foot in the east campervan site. :)

Yes, and remember the car parks open at 9pm! Tuesday night has a wonderful atmosphere in the campervan fields! :)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...