New Block 9 Details...

The Red Telephone

Just now, chazwwe said:

Holy hell. I'm ridiculously excited, does that mean the older venues wont be in use? Thats fair enough but holy crap both venues sound amazing. 

They've got twice as much space as previously, so probably some of the old venues will remain. Have heard a whisper that one of them is going though.

1 minute ago, incident said:

They've got twice as much space as previously, so probably some of the old venues will remain. Have heard a whisper that one of them is going though.

I can only presume they're retiring London Underground for the IICON. Can imagine NYC still being a main stay. 

I wasn't sure if I was gonna spend much time in the space, with the Shang ri la announcement and the new arcadia but it looks like I've gotta go spend a few hours in here one evening. 

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Really hope NYC Downlow stays. Its a Glastonbury institution for many of us now (especially for those of us who are lgbt)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Holy hell. I'm ridiculously excited, does that mean the older venues wont be in use? Thats fair enough but holy crap both venues sound amazing. 

9 minutes ago, incident said:

6 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I can only presume they're retiring London Underground for the IICON. Can imagine NYC still being a main stay. 

This makes it sound like they're still there:

"Both sections of IICON, which is part of a new 15,000-person space adjacent to the usual Block9 stages, is scheduled to start touring after next year’s Glastonbury festival, with events being negotiated for London, New York, Shanghai, Los Angeles and Sydney."

Suffice to say the area is going to be even more incredible this year! 

I think I need a little lay down. It's all getting a bit much in hyping my excitement.

Thinking of going a day earlier this year to soak more up.

Can't wait. Last time I did not really venture that way due to crowds but I am going to have to see this in full swing.

23 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I need  Glastonbury to be on for 2 weeks to be able to take all this in. Can it be arranged?

I always thought if I had a TARDIS the first thing I would do would be to re-live Glasto and see all the things I missed. This may take several (hundred) trips..

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Paging @bennyhana22. Strap yourself in...

Well yes, but now I'm even more terrified that they won't deliver on line up (they will) as the disappointment would be crushing. Raving under the stars with 15000 kindred spirits in my favourite area of my favourite place...

Can you even imagine???!!!

Ben

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

15,000... That’s an awful lot of people. Who the fuck are they gonna book to play there? That cannot be right. Is that not the whole area combined?

Prooooobably more accurate... But still!!