The Glade

billum

12 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I think people are quick to write off Silver Hayes and Beat Hotel. They book artists as underground as anyone at Bloc9 or The Glade if you look at the line ups properly. Nobody can accuse say Call Super or Ben UFO as Radio 1 friendly rubbish. 

I've no problem with the venues or the line ups; it's all the young people that I don't understand.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I’m 28 but young people are alright. Young people will create all the best new stuff in the future. Young people get a bad rep I think!

Is the young uns who keep it all ticking over week to week when us 37 year olds can only handle a big night once a month (or 3)

7 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

I've no problem with the venues or the line ups; it's all the young people that I don't understand.

MM. Glade line up absalute quality.  I love tunes but silver Hayes.. Struggling to get excited about...The Temple.. Same.. Shang ri La.. I think that's going to go off!! Idles.. It will be a lock out.. Now the Glade..ill be there as a old raver.. Come on Glastonbury! The block 9 line up will have some decent dj's I'm sure but the hassle of getting in make the the Glade the best place.. Let's have you!!! 

Does anyone know anymore details about the re-sizing of the venues (i.e. Glade lounge and spaceport)? They definitely need it. Im particularly pleased for the Glade Lounge as they have some quality DJs in there. 

Also what times to the Glade stages go on to? 

Thanks 

30 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Does anyone know anymore details about the re-sizing of the venues (i.e. Glade lounge and spaceport)? They definitely need it. Im particularly pleased for the Glade Lounge as they have some quality DJs in there. 

Also what times to the Glade stages go on to? 

Thanks 

That finish at 3am or always have in the past anyway. I don’t know anything about the re-sizing 

6 hours ago, Smozmorris said:

MM. Glade line up absalute quality.  I love tunes but silver Hayes.. Struggling to get excited about...The Temple.. Same.. Shang ri La.. I think that's going to go off!! Idles.. It will be a lock out.. Now the Glade..ill be there as a old raver.. Come on Glastonbury! The block 9 line up will have some decent dj's I'm sure but the hassle of getting in make the the Glade the best place.. Let's have you!!! 

Unless you really want to see something,I don;t really see the point of bothering with those venues when you could be at Arcadia, The Temple Block 9, etc - the production is just so much better.

16 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I’m 28 but young people are alright. Young people will create all the best new stuff in the future. Young people get a bad rep I think!

I'm not 25 for another 3 weeks (hides for cover) 

Has it been confirmed that the Tiffany on the poster is the same singer from the 80's? She is supporting nkotb on their mixtape tour in the US over Glastonbury weekend so am surprised. Reason I know is that I wanted to go to Glastonbury and the wife wanted to go to the US to see this tour as she is a massive fan, however I won but now she is really excited if true. 

• Upvote 1

I cant believe nobody has mentioned Idris Elba. I saw him at Boomtown last year and he was really good. Definitely not on an ego trip and he can sync the grooves as good as anybody. Obviously, it will be rammed with maidens too.

2 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

I cant believe nobody has mentioned Idris Elba. I saw him at Boomtown last year and he was really good. Definitely not on an ego trip and he can sync the grooves as good as anybody. Obviously, it will be rammed with maidens too.

This is my favourite post since the one directly above it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

Played Sonic in 2015...he was good fun hyping the crowd 

13 hours ago, Brad75 said:

I wanted to go to Glastonbury and the wife wanted to go to the US to see this tour as she is a massive fan, however I won but now she is really excited if true. 

I think she’s alone on that one.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

I disagree that it was good. I was there for about 30 mins. It was pretty bland to me, plus the mixing wasnt great. He is clearly into it though & loved what he was playing - which lets always gets you a bit more respect from me. If the person playing truely loves what they do, then go for it. Even if Im not a fan.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

On 5/5/2019 at 7:30 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

I disagree that it was good. I was there for about 30 mins. It was pretty bland to me, plus the mixing wasnt great. He is clearly into it though & loved what he was playing - which lets always gets you a bit more respect from me. If the person playing truely loves what they do, then go for it. Even if Im not a fan.

Yeah, last time he was billed to play, I watched a couple of videos and he seemed pretty bad to me. As you say, bad mixing, uninspired song selection. Basically there on the strength of his celebrity.