The Glade

billum

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

are headliners a little later or still usually 10-12ish. If so, Glade is currently most likely for my Sunday night headliner!

Glade headliners go on well beyond main stage headliners, last time Carl Cox headlined he pulled a mammoth headline set that allowed me to catch 45 minutes before legging it to Other stage for headline set, then get back after for another hour of his set, during which the early crowds to the SE corner dissipated.  Honestly, if you are ending your night at Other stage or West holts you can't go far wrong with catching what's on in and around the glade afterwards rather than joining the trudging masses.

Edited by Spindles

42 minutes ago, briddj said:

Saw The Egg in the SE Corner on Sunday evening last time - will probably check them out again at the Glade.

Saw them in The Glade a couple of years ago, didn't know their music but really liked their set.

38 minutes ago, Eyebrow said:

George Fitzgerald will be top notch.

Enjoyed his set at All Points East last year.

There's so much on this Glade line up that i'm looking forward to, always my favourite area of the festival.

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Who does the Faithless dj set? Is it just Sister Bliss? 

It is. I've seen 'Faithless DJ set' support Orbital twice in the last year or so - and both times it was Sister Bliss. She played a load of big trancey bangers both times.

1 hour ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

I would assume so. She is doing a set at Bearded in a few weeks and it is advertised as - Faithless DJ Set.

7 minutes ago, Homer said:

It is. I've seen 'Faithless DJ set' support Orbital twice in the last year or so - and both times it was Sister Bliss. She played a load of big trancey bangers both times.

Yeah okay I'm in! I don't know why I said it so disparagingly and played it down in my head. Could be great fun! 

51 minutes ago, Eyebrow said:

George Fitzgerald will be top notch.

Love my boy George! Assume it'll be a live set. Although he didn't play Siren Calls when I saw him and that's my favourite on the latest album :(

7 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

This may just be me, but whenever I try to search these playlists on the app I can never find them! Anyone know why?

this is odd! If you, for example, search 'Glastonbury festival' does it come up with an option to See all playlists? 

20 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

This may just be me, but whenever I try to search these playlists on the app I can never find them! Anyone know why?

You can't see the whole name on this snippet, try searching for the full name "Glade Area Glastonbury 2019"

Or maybe this link wil work? You can paste it into the spotify search box: spotify:user:1165447717:playlist:3obUtv1eGgHGmU9ngrow6U

Anyone knocked up a spotify playlist for Glade yet? Cant find one....

I'll be glad if Lovebullets has 100% gone - will be able to hear the music over the NOS bottles this year....

Looks like I'll be spending plenty of time in Glade again this year and my trimmer self might fit one of their T-Shirts (I was too fat for what stock they had last time).

Well happy on that lineup - more my thing than what's been published for SE corner.

Sub-Focus up on Arcadia better not clash with FatBoySlim or Seth Troxler.

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Steve Davis was at Spike last year. Delighted to see him on the bill again though.

Loads to interest me there: Squarepusher, Leftfield DJ set, George Fitzgerald, Carl Cox, Hernan Cattaneo, Faithless DJ set, Steve Davis and Kavus Torabi, Don Letts, Cassetteboy, Six by Seven, Tom Ravenscroft... really decent line-up. 

Only downside is Fatboy seems a well uninspired choice. 

Is that Steve Davis as in the snooker player

Just now, Quark said:

Indeed it is. These days a relatively well regarded EDM aficionado and DJ

He doesn't just play EDM though, it's all kind of weird and wonderful stuff. Bit of Autechre type stuff, krautrock, stuff I don't know the name of. Also to give a shout out to Kavus Torabi, who he DJs with - they usually come as a pair. 

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Gagh, missed him! Awesome!

He's on at another festival im at this summer (All Together Now) but would be a real highlight to catch with a passionate crowd at The G. The remix of Open Eye Sig is one of the coolest things ive ever heard. Love his album from last year.