The Glade

billum

14 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

So carl cox will clash with Chemical Brothers? Gutted

You reckon they're in order? I just think they're by who is the biggest name.

Edit: Just seen that Cox self-confirmed for the Sat in the other thread.

Edited by Homer

45 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

If I have gone missing & no one can find me - I'll probably be around the Glade.

That is basically my mantra :)

I love the glade, if you've got nothing on, just wander down there and see what's kicking, always something interesting, sometimes something magical.  Pretty much in the middle of everything so you can bum around the glade for half an hour and still be in the thick of a crowd at West Holts, Other or Leftfield in a couple of minutes tops.  I've probably spent more time there than any other stage the last 3 or 4 festivals.

Absolutely amazing line up on all stages. Would hold its self up against most other festivals if it was done separately.

Loads to see on there - Fatboy Slim, Squarepusher, Dave Seaman, Carl Cox, Eatstatic, Leftfield, Faithless,  Hiphopapotamus, Tristan, Herna Cattaneo, Nick Warren

Each time I look at it I spot more

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The dance area where I've heard of people!

Ditto

Years ago I was an anorak in regards to DJs and dance music.  Now I struggle to recognise 10% of some of the line ups for other parts of the Glastonbury line up like the SE corner and Silver Hayes

9 minutes ago, joeruss said:

Would Carl Cox not do an earlier Glade set in the late afternoon for his soul & funk stuff, then play his usual techno set at Arcadia/Bloc 9 later on?

Here's hoping anyway!

I really do hope so, as my plan is very much to do Arcadia Sat night, what with The Chems being on the Other Stage.

1 hour ago, Fishman said:

Every Sunday for me too - we must make ourselves known! I like to be just in front of that central pillar near the front. See you all there.

I'll be the one with the pink faded somerset hat on, dying from Saturday night watching the Chems and Carl Cox.

19 minutes ago, joeruss said:

Would Carl Cox not do an earlier Glade set in the late afternoon for his soul & funk stuff, then play his usual techno set at Arcadia/Bloc 9 later on?

Here's hoping anyway!

Didn't read the small print about it being a soul funk and disco set so an earlier set is very possible I'd say then a late night techno set at Arcadia.

Either way Saturday night is gonna be special got the potential to be up there with the best days ever.

59 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Would have liked to see a few more live acts on there rather than just dj's on the main stage.

Its my go to area though so will be there for quite a few acts.

2017 I saw Josefin Öhrn + The Liberation there on the Sunday evening, will definitely try and catch them again.  

Been waiting for Hernan Cattaneo b2b Nick Warren to play Glasto for the last 4 years, and what happens they're announced for this year. The year I haven't got a ticket! ?? Looks like I'll be scouring You tube for videos....

Stellar line-up.

Enjoy everyone. Peace

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Would have liked to see a few more live acts on there rather than just dj's on the main stage.

Its my go to area though so will be there for quite a few acts.

Yeah .... it does seem very light on bands this year. I think all us old gits are just excited because we recognise most of the names.

• Upvote 1