East CV Quiet/hire Pitch Opening Times

e2p2

Hi there, 

We rented a CV which is already delivered to the site. The thought of renting a big Motorhome and driving it on the other side of the road after two flights (we're from outside of Europe) or pulling it out of the mud 2016's style make me shudder. On the other hand, that plan makes us arrive to gate A via coach on the Wednesday and walk all the way with our stuff to East CV field and it usually way back there, last time we were on E24. Actually, last time we even did it twice because our luggage got lost in the connection flight so we bought stuff we need for a few days in Bristol and then on the Thursday had to go to Bath and wasted hours waiting for the luggage to arrive there. Lets say its not easy on my bad back which is the main reason for us both to go for the CV option.

So my intention is to seek a lift on these boards with someone who's going to the East CV field (or even gate B) from Bristol or passing through Bristol and has a room for us couple. I really like to maximize our options so I thought that maybe I can ask people that go there on the Tuesday to the CV field as we're landing in Bristol on Tuesday morning.

Does anybody know if this pre-hired field  is open for access on the Tuesday? My contract with the CV company is from Wednesday noon but there is no way all the companies brings their Campervans on Wednesday morning traffic with all of us punters and set them on time, so I believe that they are already there on Tuesday. 

Thanks

The delivery period will have ended by the Saturday before the festival, we took ours down early for 2015 and they gave us several date options and the latest was the Saturday before. I'm sure they do not allow deliveries on the Tuesday / Wednesday. You could always email GFL and they will confirm as the delivery company will have had to submit a form to cover the drop off. Does the hire company leave the keys somewhere with the van or do you have to collect them? 

On 5/4/2019 at 2:31 AM, The other Bellboy said:

The delivery period will have ended by the Saturday before the festival, we took ours down early for 2015 and they gave us several date options and the latest was the Saturday before. I'm sure they do not allow deliveries on the Tuesday / Wednesday. You could always email GFL and they will confirm as the delivery company will have had to submit a form to cover the drop off. Does the hire company leave the keys somewhere with the van or do you have to collect them? 

They left the key for us last time so I assume it's gonna be the same but they certainly didn't give us an option to choose a date. 

Edited by e2p2

• 4 weeks later...