Train home - advice needed!!

Al2O3Cr

Hi guys,

Just planning our return journey from our first-ever Glastonbury. We're getting the train and I have heard a number of horror stories about queues upwards of 7 hours at Castle Cary Monday morning. Want to keep queueing to a minumum and I don't fancy the idea of cutting Sunday night short to try and get the first train, especially as none of the group have anything in particular to get back for. SO.. I wanted to know if anyone has any experience of leaving later on the Monday afternoon, possibly trying to get a train at 5/6pm? Questions include:

- Will they kick us out of the campsite at any point/can we stay this late?

- Is this a terrible idea and will we be simply be joining the end of the biggest queue ever at Castle Cary at 5pm?

Any advice appreciated!!

Re: staying on site:

In my experience stewards etc. tend to do a walk around the campsites around 2/3pm to ask people to start making a move.

We usually head off about 3.30pm (once drivers are compos mentis) and even that feels a bit late for me! There's v little food available from the stalls on Monday for obvious reasons, and the site feels a bit sad... 

Also tent foragers start doing the rounds around lunchtime if not earlier (don't be alarmed!) They're mostly people working on the cleanup operation scouting leftover tinnies etc. and are (again, in my experience) really nice! Also places like the south east corner are built with treasures largely created from others' trash! Circle of life etc....

Anyway, if you let the foragers know which tents are still in use they will leave them alone. If you are wandering around and your tent is unmanned, they'll justly assume it's abandoned and treat it as fair game.

&& don't get me started on the seagulls.....:scared:

Ultimately from a site perspective I would usually like to leave by 1pm-ish on the Monday .....we usually drive so I am not much help with the station setup, I can just recommend being off-site making moves towards home than festering in a disheveled field!