Glasto Leave

Aragorn

Was reading the exit strategy thread and I'm impressed with people who can go back to work on the Monday or Tuesday. After 5 days I'm normally rough as and then theres the glasto blues. 

I'm on leave from Tuesday before glasto and don't go back to work for another week after its finished. In fact this time not for 2 weeks as missis off to Sweden so I can enjoy myself for a week ha ha

I bet there are some horror stories of going back to work on the Monday shaking like a shitting dog

I take from the saturday before ...up to and including the wed after .... I like some lead up time with my birthday the weekend before and a few days after to get myself back together ... I book the time after as on a couple of times recently ive been unable to return due to leg infections (hospitalised once ) ... friends have gone back on the monday ... Ive marvelled that they can do it ... but if I needed to I would 

I always take a full week off but I work freelance so have no boss to ask. Just let me clients know.

In 2015 my gf, her sister and I had the most intense night terrors non stop for 5 nights straight when We got back. Proper demented demonic dreams. We all made a little refugee camp in the living room and took it in shifts sleeping so we could drag each other out of the nightmares. Then I had some sort of fever and was spewing for two days. I remember thinking I’d finally pushed my body too far. Glastonbury has finally killed me.

Didn’t stop me from over indulging the following year but it hasn’t happened since. Jeus, that was a rough ride though. 

5 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I drive straight into work via a shower on the Monday. It's hard putting it mildly. 

Credit to you, that must be hell. I thought being back in at 8am on the Tuesday was bad.

I can only afford to take 2 days of my annual leave for Glastonbury, so I get the coach there straight after work on the Wednesday and return overnight on the Sunday so I'm back at work first thing on Monday morning.  I make sure I block out my calendar so nobody puts any meetings or anything important in that day!

It's not ideal but it's a lot better than not going at all!

I've really fucked up this year but I didnt have a lot of choices... I fly London-Calgary on Tuesday morning and am back to work Wednesday morning. With jet lag, exhaustion and come down it's going to be miserable, but I'm gunna hope for the best!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gratefulbread said:

I run a bakery and will have to do some prep Monday night, and mix and shape bread all of Tuesday for baking on Wednesday. At least i'll be on my own. 

Usually get quite intense night terrors for a couple of nights after returning home. 

Going back Monday is a half baked idea !!!

My leave lasts for two and a half weeks, which sounds like I've got loads of time to take everything in my stride, but it's time I want to chill out and have a break, spend time with family, go to Glastonbury then do a whirlwind tour visiting friends. It's pretty mental and I come back needing a holiday. It's then I feel most grateful for working from home.

41 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Similar thing in 2008. Got home and had night terrors for 2 days. Could also constantly hear the long drop doors clattering. By Wednesday i was ok. By Friday I was back on it ha ha

Oh man, I had that too. Could definitely hear the clanging long drop doors and a faint cheering noise of a crowd. That lasted for a couple of days when drifting in and out of sleep. 

Not Glastonbury, but after Bestival 2011 I was back at work on the Tuesday.

Hit the weekend very, very hard. Licking the inside of an empty bag of pills on the Sunday night hard...

Left the festival early morning during a full on thunderstorm. Missed the ferry home. Spent 14 hours waiting to get the next ferry. Got home at 2am with work at 8:30am. 

The next 3 days at work were possibly the worst 3 days of my life. Brain zaps. The shakes. The sweats. I would visit the toilet every hour and sit with my eyes closed for 10 minutes in the hope it would make me feel better. It did nothing. 

Never made the same mistake again. At least 3/4 recovery is standard these days. 

TL;DR

Drugs are bad mmkay

Edited by T-Mouse

58 minutes ago, lobo said:

In 2015 my gf, her sister and I had the most intense night terrors non stop for 5 nights straight when We got back. Proper demented demonic dreams. We all made a little refugee camp in the living room and took it in shifts sleeping so we could drag each other out of the nightmares. Then I had some sort of fever and was spewing for two days. I remember thinking I’d finally pushed my body too far. Glastonbury has finally killed me

The night terrors are the worst. Where you feel like you're having out of body experiences, or think there are people in the room and you have sleep paralysis. Yuk. Had this after Glasto 2016 particularly badly, but also Shambala this year and glade a few years ago. After Glasto 2014 I had milder night terrors, but a fever for 2-3 days and was still bed ridden. 

After Glasto 2017 I somehow managed to avoid any nightmares, and was even come down free and was basically on a high for the following five days. It was great!

This year I have a new job starting in June, and I think I'm going to have to go back to work on the Tuesday. I need to somehow figure out how I achieved the post-2017 state, rather than the 2014 or 2016 shambles 

Just now, Sasperella said:

The night terrors are the worst. Where you feel like you're having out of body experiences, or think there are people in the room and you have sleep paralysis. Yuk. 

This is what usually happens to me. Wake up through the night and can see people in my bedroom ?

• Upvote 1

I book Tuesday to Tuesday off, back in on the wednesday. Usually get ill after a festival so the day before im back in is sleep and all the berocca. Have considered one of them daft vitamin IV drips after it hits me that hard, was off work a week after Leeds last year