17 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

I doubt it will be the same wristband 

Someone told me all the stewards and staff have the same type of EPO wrist bands??  so why not? seems a bit overkill to have special stewards wrist bands just for WV?? 

53 minutes ago, Havors said:

Someone told me all the stewards and staff have the same type of EPO wrist bands??  so why not? seems a bit overkill to have special stewards wrist bands just for WV?? 

Stewards will have the same bands, Worthy View customers may not.

Basically - Oxfam Stewards check wristbands coming in to the festival; Worthy View's security team check wristbands going into Worthy View (i.e. out of the festival).  Note, this is not 100% accurate, but is close enough for the purposes of this conversation.

Upshot - you don't get *in* to Worthy View unless you are a customer.

4 minutes ago, jfaragher said:

Stewards will have the same bands, Worthy View customers may not.

Basically - Oxfam Stewards check wristbands coming in to the festival; Worthy View's security team check wristbands going into Worthy View (i.e. out of the festival).  Note, this is not 100% accurate, but is close enough for the purposes of this conversation.

Upshot - you don't get *in* to Worthy View unless you are a customer.

Yeah im not talking about customers. I know what wrist bands we get and how we go in and out.... 

Im just talking about oxfam stewards and WV stewards... and whether a they have the same wrist bands. So for instance wondering if a friend working on X gate would be able to use their EPO band to enter worthy view and come say hello to us that are staying there. 

13 minutes ago, Havors said:

Yeah im not talking about customers. I know what wrist bands we get and how we go in and out.... 

Im just talking about oxfam stewards and WV stewards... and whether a they have the same wrist bands. So for instance wondering if a friend working on X gate would be able to use their EPO band to enter worthy view and come say hello to us that are staying there. 

Unlikely - whilst they can get in and out of the gate, they're not WV customers, so security will probably stop them wandering about - otherwise you'd get a steady stream of volunteers using the showers etc

10 minutes ago, jfaragher said:

Unlikely - whilst they can get in and out of the gate, they're not WV customers, so security will probably stop them wandering about - otherwise you'd get a steady stream of volunteers using the showers etc

So what bands do the WV security have? or what bands do the stewards/workers inside worthy view have? haha thats my logic... 

They may well be completely different EPO bands but was hoping not 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

So what bands do the WV security have? or what bands do the stewards/workers inside worthy view have? haha thats my logic... 

They may well be completely different EPO bands but was hoping not 

From what I understand, Worthy View issue their own, distinct EPOwristbands.

Security may have one of a number of different bands, depending on what role they have - crew / EPO etc.

Note - there are likely a lot of changes to some of the wristband processes this year, which you will find out on arrival!

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

How many different wristbands are there in general?

Loads!

Specific ones for break and build, contractors, crew, artists, volunteers, public are issued by the festival.  A lot of the crews then issue their own for access to their camping / crew areas and bars.  There are also special case ones like the EPOs.

2 minutes ago, jfaragher said:

Loads!

Specific ones for break and build, contractors, crew, artists, volunteers, public are issued by the festival.  A lot of the crews then issue their own for access to their camping / crew areas and bars.  There are also special case ones like the EPOs.

I worked at Download Festival in 2015 in the vip/guest box office and we had an A4 sheet of different wristbands you could get!

Just now, jfaragher said:

Loads!

What does EPO mean?

I have disabled access and thats the only band I would ever want. Would not be able to go the festival without it. Give me Cut throughs and disabled toilets over more bars any day.

They do seem to have changed the disabled access this year as well. They were a lot more thorough with the application process and I think my carer gets a lanyard for the cut throughs rather than a band, so can't use the rest of the facilities like previously.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

What does EPO mean?

I have disabled access and thats the only band I would ever want. Would not be able to go the festival without it. Give me Cut throughs and disabled toilets over more bars any day.

They do seem to have changed the disabled access this year as well. They were a lot more thorough with the application process and I think my carer gets a lanyard for the cut throughs rather than a band, so can't use the rest of the facilities like previously.

Easy pass out I believe

6 hours ago, barcelonista1899 said:

I do enjoy tightening the EPO bands right up when they are suspiciously loose. That's one way to stop it! 

I watched a bloke in E21 last festival trying to force one over his large hand, he was trying for ages until security spotted him.....:lol:

I took 100 VIP wristbands one year gave them to wrecked people and told them they could go to the secret VIP bars with them. They were paper Gold And said VIP on them, how exciting! Cost about £5 on Amazon for 100 ?

i wonder how many actually tried to use them? Anyway if you get one this year it’s probably me thinking I’m funny again.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, LeeHC said:

Ahhh.. I had vaguely heard of this but had no idea how common it is!

Very! I  pitch in E21 which has an reserved area for Accessible Forward campervans which is arranged via the Access Team. I have been in using the same area since 2011. Over the past 2 festivals it has become a regular occurrence to see police and security rounding up people without wristbands and removing them from site. 

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

My PA (carer) has always had a lanyard for the cut throughs and access platforms, and I get a wristband. I have been using disabled access since 2011. The only change I am aware of is reserved numbered pitches in the campervan field for people in the reserved area for Accessible Forward campervans.

11 minutes ago, morph100 said:

I took 100 VIP wristbands one year gave them to wrecked people and told them they could go to the secret VIP bars with them. They were paper Gold And said VIP on them, how exciting! Cost about £5 on Amazon for 100 ?

i wonder how many actually tried to use them? Anyway if you get one this year it’s probably me thinking I’m funny again.

Brilliant work!

4 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

My PA (carer) has always had a lanyard for the cut throughs and access platforms, and I get a wristband. I have been using disabled access since 2011. The only change I am aware of is reserved numbered pitches in the campervan field for people in the reserved area for Accessible Forward campervans.

Same, I'm not aware of any changes or anything being different to the last few years regarding access or PAs... 

8 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

My mate got exactly the same bands as me last time. Sounds like an oversight then.

27 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Cheers for that ... got me backstage at the pyramid ... what a legend :) 

On 5/7/2019 at 2:56 PM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Been hearing mutterings that there couldbe changes to the crew EPO system this year caused by themass of fake EPOs that got flown in from China two years ago.

GFL are very very good at ironing out problems identifiedin previous years.

Will update if I hear any more.

Any update on this at all??