18 minutes ago, Jelly01 said:

Do you have to register the EPO at first entry then? With photo ID? 

If you are working on site as my friend is yes you do... You have to show your piece of paper and a photo comes up with your mug on it then you get your band.. 

. But I don't think they will be registered to individuals.. Don't think that's possible at the moment but probably will be in the future.. 

They will probably have to have there photos on tix as well.. Which they will have to carry with them.. Basically like a normal punter.. 

4 minutes ago, marcwilson87 said:

Friend on site saying its ticket + ID to get in. Half ticket, pass out and wrist band to re-enter 

Nightmare apparently 

All I’ve been given is the EPO band.. nothing else.. no ticket ?‍♀️ Not sure how this will work

QR codes doesn't mean they're RFID - it's just another way of encoding a barcode that has extra functionality built in (I work in Retail and we use them a lot). The only way to tell if they're RFID is to pass one over an RFID-Reader and see if you get a response.

Either way it looks like the fake EPO-band loophole has been closed or at least made a lot harder to exploit. Which can only be for the good of the festival license. 

If they're not tied to a person twixing may still be possible though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

If you are working on site as my friend is yes you do... You have to show your piece of paper and a photo comes up with your mug on it then you get your band.. 

. But I don't think they will be registered to individuals.. Don't think that's possible at the moment but probably will be in the future.. 

They will probably have to have there photos on tix as well.. Which they will have to carry with them.. Basically like a normal punter.. 

I recall the company I worked for logged the serial number of the band against the name. Mind you that was 10 years back. 

1 hour ago, Penrhos said:

If they're not tied to a person twixing may still be possible though.

From what I have heard they are checked at each entry and exit point, so if the actual owner hasn't left the site they can't re-enter. 

13 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

Does this work for normal punters? Or does it require a special wristband?

also what was that about worthy view? Does a standard worthy view pass look like an epo band or did I misunderstand 

special wristband needed to get to the crew area of T&C

42 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

Does this work for normal punters? Or does it require a special wristband?

also what was that about worthy view? Does a standard worthy view pass look like an epo band or did I misunderstand 

There are two entrances/exits to navigate, very strictly stewarded. You'll either need to be a T&C performer, worker or camper (you get a lanyard to indicate which) or you'll need a specific/general pass to get you through most/all areas. An EPO band alone won't get you through. 

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

reckon they will be, by what i know about what is being issued and documented to individuals this year (that wasn't last time).

EPO bands themselves are not registered to individuals.. All the checking is so that they can ensure that the bands themselves go to the right people

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

bet they are, this year. I know for a fact that at least some of the non-punter wristbands are traceable back to an individual this year but weren't last time. I can't really see why they'd only do some of them.

Neil is right, I have seen staff/performer tickets that entitle you to EPO's and they have personal details on them. However, I'd say that just for the collection of the EPO, once in use the QR system is simple, its just " is the band suppose to be in or out?" 

As far as I'm aware. 

15 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

What does EPO stand for?

The only one I’m aware of is the one that made Lance Armstrong’s bollocks fall off.

Lol.. As a cycling fan..... I don't ride.... I think that's top quality lol