On 5/28/2019 at 1:35 PM, herzzreh said:

I'll have to investigate this one. My usual one was the one that dumps you by the longdrops near Deluxe Diner.

This! There was a lot of talk about my way before 2017 and guess what... it was very well secured in 2017! Of course, feel free to PM me any ways that you know of besides the one from Stone Circle...

Ah yes, we used that pathway from Craft Field/Dragon Field for years and were gutted when they finally plugged the hole in 2017.

On topic, I found my EPO got me into all the bars/venues with minimal questions asked when I last had one. Part of me would love to work again one year to enjoy the quiet Tuesday before the storm and spend the early hours in Maceo's, but if I did it would ideally be on the SEC build and then I'd be too knackered to enjoy anything by the time gates opened!

11 minutes ago, Bin Fish said:

Ah yes, we used that pathway from Craft Field/Dragon Field for years and were gutted when they finally plugged the hole in 2017.

On topic, I found my EPO got me into all the bars/venues with minimal questions asked when I last had one. Part of me would love to work again one year to enjoy the quiet Tuesday before the storm and spend the early hours in Maceo's, but if I did it would ideally be on the SEC build and then I'd be too knackered to enjoy anything by the time gates opened!

What questions did they ask?

10 hours ago, herzzreh said:

What questions did they ask?

It was a good few years ago now so I don’t remember the the specifics! I think it was mostly stewards checking in with their managers on the first few days, to make sure that it was all legit. I just told them who I was working for and it was okay. 

Edited by Bin Fish

On 5/2/2019 at 4:12 PM, louise126x said:

Hi, 

I've had an EPO band for several years but don't actually work the festival. I was wondering if it is possible to get on site early with these wristbands and what the deal with staff bars is if someone could help? Have been for 6 years and would love to see the site empty and behind the scenes!!

I use EPO band almost every year and I've been in on monday & tuesday nights before for a wonder (i'm reasonably local though) I have also camped, put tents up on a tuesday night, got away with it that time. 

13 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Don't know, surely not QR codes and readers like at Boomtown etc. They'd be better off just reverting everyone to the standard passout system.

This is sad news, if this is case I know a lot of people that wont be  going this year. 

19 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

This is sad news, if this is case I know a lot of people that wont be  going this year.  

Well, I guess that they shouldn't be there anyway.

And this would be directly related to why coded bands are being introduced.

Tough titties.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

Just to be clear I absolutely do not condone the likes of the fake bands or tickets. 

I can understand why they would after the dodgy batch last time round. 

So.... Still unclear why this is a bad thing?

9 minutes ago, LeeHC said:

Please dont worry. 

Overall its not a bad thing as it stops touts & moody bands going about, the festival has always been really good at that. 

However, EPO's also have other uses which these codes may put an end too. 

Edited by bennyboi

6 minutes ago, LeeHC said:

Most likely his mates will have used the dodge of first group enters, takes off wristbands, sends them back out to the second group who put them on and go through the gate and so on until everyone is in. Because those bands don't require a Ticket & Pass Out, there's no way for the gate staff to stop it unless the bands are tracked (which they weren't in previous years).

Not convinced it's ultimately any different to fake tickets/wristbands but whatever.

8 minutes ago, incident said:

Most likely his mates will have used the dodge of first group enters, takes off wristbands, sends them back out to the second group who put them on and go through the gate and so on until everyone is in. Because those bands don't require a Ticket & Pass Out, there's no way for the gate staff to stop it unless the bands are tracked (which they weren't in previous years).

Not convinced it's ultimately any different to fake tickets/wristbands but whatever.

I do enjoy tightening the EPO bands right up when they are suspiciously loose. That's one way to stop it! 

Just now, barcelonista1899 said:

I do enjoy tightening the EPO bands right up when they are suspiciously loose. That's one way to stop it!  

It's not, always. There is a (non-destructive) technique to remove that type of clasp relatively easily which I won't go into for obvious reasons.

9 minutes ago, incident said:

Because those bands don't require a Ticket & Pass Out, there's no way for the gate staff to stop it unless the bands are tracked (which they weren't in previous years).

From 2016 EPO's (or rather the majority of them) were tracked. You needed to present yourself at a kiosk at Gate A and if you were on the list you needed to produce photo ID and then they would take a photo of you with a webcam and firmly clap the EPO on your wrist.

However I do know that a small number of EPO's do not follow this procedure.

Just now, dartmoordog said:

From 2016 EPO's (or rather the majority of them) were tracked. You needed to present yourself at a kiosk at Gate A and if you were on the list you needed to produce photo ID and then they would take a photo of you with a webcam and firmly clap the EPO on your wrist.

However I do know that a small number of EPO's do not follow this procedure.

That's only tracked for the initial issuance though. The problem is what happens after, and as the gate staff didn't have easy access to those photos or to the database many of the dodges were still wide open.

45 minutes ago, incident said:

Ahhh.. I had vaguely heard of this but had no idea how common it is!

Out of interest.... would an EPO wrist band get you into worthy view?? I have 2 friends working with Oxfam and will have EPO bands but we would love it if they could come up to WV for some drinks with us when they are not on shift. 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Out of interest.... would an EPO wrist band get you into worthy view?? I have 2 friends working with Oxfam and will have EPO bands but we would love it if they could come up to WV for some drinks with us when they are not on shift. 

Oxfam steward the gate there but worthy view have their own wristbands so in answer to your question I'm not sure :P

5 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

Oxfam steward the gate there but worthy view have their own wristbands so in answer to your question I'm not sure :P

Haha well if they steward the gate theres a good chance its the same wrist band as the stewards actually in WV... fingers crossed ha