Creative Booze Share

Jne___

Not sure if this thread already exists, but after seeing the White Russian recipes and tips of baileys miniatures for coffee, thought I’d make a recipe* share thread! 

*can extend from the least arduous all the way to home brew, cocktails and infusions - what are your more creative ways of getting rat arsed this year?  

1 minute ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

I thought this thread was going to be some kind of booze swap shop.  Ie:

I'm bringing two crates of Stella, willing to swap 6 cans for a half bottle of baileys. 

Well let’s just see where the wind takes us 

Refreshers vodka will be in progress very soon. Also resurrecting cheeky vimto from my student days.

Go to for evenings is to take a couple of bottles of red leg spiced rum, a load of old Jamaica ginger beer, a bag of mint and a couple of limes. Tins live under the ground sheet to keep cool ish, then mix up for the evening. Pocket knife to wedge the limes, good bundle of mint, shitload of rum and top up with ginger beer. Keeps me going until I fall over

3 minutes ago, joeruss said:

How many are needed? Soft/hard ones?

I used the hard ones 

Hard to tell how many exactly is needed. I guess it depends on your taste. I think for a 700ml bottle of vodka I might have used a whole packet, so maybe 10-15 of them. You could always add less and work your way up with it. Mine was slightly syrup-y which was nice. 

I just sipped it throughout the day, still get the strong vodka sensation but it sure does taste good. Went through it super quick though!

16 minutes ago, pentura said:

I'm sure it's a festival favourite for many, but one year I let some Werthers originals dissolve in vodka

Was delicious but be warned. It went down very easy!

Done very similar with mint butter toffees , or for a more autumnal treat (enjoy round a fire at stone circle maybe) cinder toffees! 

40 minutes ago, pentura said:

I used the hard ones 

Hard to tell how many exactly is needed. I guess it depends on your taste. I think for a 700ml bottle of vodka I might have used a whole packet, so maybe 10-15 of them. You could always add less and work your way up with it. Mine was slightly syrup-y which was nice. 

I just sipped it throughout the day, still get the strong vodka sensation but it sure does taste good. Went through it super quick though!

Use the dishwasher method (works with any boiled sweets you fancy).

Empty out a bit of the vodka (not down the sink obvs), get about 200g of whatever sweets, smashed to bits in a food bag or whatever.  Add to the vodka.  Shake well.  Add to the top shelf of the dishwasher and put it through one cycle, without any tablets.

The heat completely melts the sweets, leaving you with perfectly flavoured vodka!

3 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Use the dishwasher method (works with any boiled sweets you fancy).

Empty out a bit of the vodka (not down the sink obvs), get about 200g of whatever sweets, smashed to bits in a food bag or whatever.  Add to the vodka.  Shake well.  Add to the top shelf of the dishwasher and put it through one cycle, without any tablets.

The heat completely melts the sweets, leaving you with perfectly flavoured vodka!

Sounds like a good idea!

I didn't need to put it in the dishwasher, the sweets just dissolved themselves eventually, can't remember how long it took but wasn't too long if shaking the bottle every now and again

Also heard the Rhubard and Custard sweets / vodka combo is delish. That's next on the list

37 minutes ago, pentura said:

Sounds like a good idea!

I didn't need to put it in the dishwasher, the sweets just dissolved themselves eventually, can't remember how long it took but wasn't too long if shaking the bottle every now and again

Also heard the Rhubard and Custard sweets / vodka combo is delish. That's next on the list

I can confirm that Rhubarb and Custard sweets are excellent using this method, mixed with lemonade!

I guess the dishwasher trick just makes it quicker!

Thinking of not taking the usual load of beer this year, I always take a litre of gin infused with cucumber so I might do a second litre infused with something else. A couple of years ago my housemate did a pineapple gin that was brilliant so might try that, or alternatively I might go for rosemary, or I might just chuck in a load more juniper and the other gin flavorings to have gin with some extra umphhh