Jump to content
surfbunnyuk

Anyone else constantly checking emails for coach times...

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, PorkSoda said:

Yeah absolutely have... Balls 

Still better than having no outbound ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know the deal with return coaches to Southampton? Is it a bit like London where you can pretty much get on any of them? My time is 04:30 which is a bit too early for my liking haha! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woohooo thanks for the tip. Our coach is there under the deposit reference. 

We're on the 6.15am from Taunton!! Woohhoo!! Anyone else?

Anyone been on this one before? How long does it take? Thinking we arrive about 8am? 

Thanks from a very rare poster 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ivegotpixiesinmyhead said:

Woohooo thanks for the tip. Our coach is there under the deposit reference. 

We're on the 6.15am from Taunton!! Woohhoo!! Anyone else?

Anyone been on this one before? How long does it take? Thinking we arrive about 8am? 

Thanks from a very rare poster 😁

taunton is about 50 mins away ish ..... if there is no i mean no traffic ....  I live there and leave about this sort of time .... you will get on site long before us ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ivegotpixiesinmyhead said:

Woohooo thanks for the tip. Our coach is there under the deposit reference. 

We're on the 6.15am from Taunton!! Woohhoo!! Anyone else?

Anyone been on this one before? How long does it take? Thinking we arrive about 8am? 

Thanks from a very rare poster 😁

Us too!  I reckon that means we'll be the first coach on site!  What return coach are you due to be on? We're 6 in the morning.  Well that ain't gonna happen!!!!

Does anyone know if you have to get the right destination back?  I know they don't check your time but how about destination?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

taunton is about 50 mins away ish ..... if there is no i mean no traffic ....  I live there and leave about this sort of time .... you will get on site long before us ... 

Cheers! Hoping no traffic!! We've done the 5 am coach from London a couple of times. First time was a faff with the driver already clocking his hours up when the coach arrived to pick us up! 

2nd was 2016 and well nuff said about that year and the traffic on the way in. 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Us too!  I reckon that means we'll be the first coach on site!  What return coach are you due to be on? We're 6 in the morning.  Well that ain't gonna happen!!!!

Does anyone know if you have to get the right destination back?  I know they don't check your time but how about destination?

See you on the coach🍾! And I apologise for my loud overly excited friend in advance! And yes we're on the early back too.... odds on us making it are slim 😔🙄😶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ivegotpixiesinmyhead said:

Cheers! Hoping no traffic!! We've done the 5 am coach from London a couple of times. First time was a faff with the driver already clocking his hours up when the coach arrived to pick us up! 

2nd was 2016 and well nuff said about that year and the traffic on the way in. 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♂️

See you on the coach🍾! And I apologise for my loud overly excited friend in advance! And yes we're on the early back too.... odds on us making it are slim 😔🙄😶

My "friend" is awful too. Gets drunk, over excited, wears multiple hats at the same time. Keeps giving random people high fives. He's a fucking nightmare.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mattyspratty said:

What area you waiting on?

Thursday from Brighton.

Nothing yet...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PorkSoda said:

Yeah absolutely have... Balls 

FWIW, when I lived in London I'd book the single coach then get the train back. Much quicker and more convenient 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd never before considered the amount of unknowing you bus folk have to endure.

I can only just cope with the "will I get a ticket?" anxiety let alone then having to deal with "I've got a ticket, when will I actually make it on to site?" as well!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PorkSoda said:

Yeah absolutely have... Balls 

Don't worry about it. See London coaches are a chaotic mess and there is little, if any, checking of tickets on the way home. They just want people away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 8:31 AM, Thunderstruck said:

Damn, 1400 from Manchester!

Yup - see you outside the Coop building. We'll be the group with the liability who hits the premixed GnTs before he gets on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ivegotpixiesinmyhead said:

Woohooo thanks for the tip. Our coach is there under the deposit reference. 

We're on the 6.15am from Taunton!! Woohhoo!! Anyone else?

Anyone been on this one before? How long does it take? Thinking we arrive about 8am? 

Thanks from a very rare poster 😁

When were you told the coach time? I'm also from Taunton

Usually get it from Bristol where coach time is confirmed straight away so am not used to this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, uscore said:

Yo - anyone got a time for a Thursday Swindon coach yet?

Not yet! I'm Thursday Swindon too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hacharr6 said:

Anybody who got Manchester Wednesday on the re-sale heard back yet?

Looks like none of the reasle ones have heard anything yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I'd never before considered the amount of unknowing you bus folk have to endure.

I can only just cope with the "will I get a ticket?" anxiety let alone then having to deal with "I've got a ticket, when will I actually make it on to site?" as well!

 

This. It's giving me palpitations and I'm going by car. Not being in as much control of my own plans for getting in as possible would send me loopy.

Good luck everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Woffy said:

This. It's giving me palpitations and I'm going by car. Not being in as much control of my own plans for getting in as possible would send me loopy.

Good luck everyone.

I suppose this is counter-balanced by the fact that you know you've already got your tickets secured before the Sunday main sale. For me, I couldn't turn down the opportunity of getting tickets on the Thursday coach sale, and relying solely on the Sunday main sale.

As it happens, since 2013 every year I've managed to get Wednesday coach tickets, and this the first time I've not had a departure time I'm happy with. It's a small price to pay. Better to be there a bit late than not be there at all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jackarmy said:

I suppose this is counter-balanced by the fact that you know you've already got your tickets secured before the Sunday main sale. For me, I couldn't turn down the opportunity of getting tickets on the Thursday coach sale, and relying solely on the Sunday main sale.

As it happens, since 2013 every year I've managed to get Wednesday coach tickets, and this the first time I've not had a departure time I'm happy with. It's a small price to pay. Better to be there a bit late than not be there at all...

Absolutely. On all counts.

I'd take coach tickets over not going in a heartbeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...