Emotional Moments

JoeyT

49 minutes ago, Jarr said:

I don’t think I’ve ever cried during a song not even a funeral. I hate the term I think I’ve got dust in my eye. I just wanna have a good laugh and time. 

Do you wear Burberry, by any chance?

• Upvote 1

On 5/5/2019 at 5:56 PM, franswa said:

"Do You Realize ?" at the end of the wonderful 2017 Flaming Lips gig. With a dozen of other people, we formed a big collective hug circle and sang along. Very, very emotional. I still have shivers when thinking about that moment.

I think that whole gig was one of the most emotional shows I’ve ever been to. Was amazing from start to finish.

On 5/2/2019 at 7:34 PM, kalifire said:

The Climb by Miley Cyrus - I know it's a bit daft, but it's just such a lovely song.

That bit when 'We've Got To Try' by The Chems goes hard af - everyone's going to share a moment

David Attenborough

I tend to cry more when I’m happy - so it’s possible I’ll euphoria overload during Swoon/star guitar. It usually manifests as hands on head, I can’t believe how good this is.

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I did. 2017 was going to be my last until I met someone new that I really wanted to share the Glastonbury experience with. I've been lucky to have enjoyed eight wonderful, life-changing years and spent it with some great people, memories that will last forever. I've not been to as many as some and regretfully not as early in my life as I should have. In that time I like to think I've done all that I want to do and seen as much as I want to see, when I look back at the artists and moments I've enjoyed it's staggering really. Plus I'd like to focus on seeing more of the world. Over the past five years or so I've been fortunate to have travelled a lot and meeting some amazing people from different places has given me a much better perspective on life and made me a better person. Glastonbury is a big financial and time drain and something's got to give.

I'm really excited for this year, probably more than ever. The new areas sound incredible.

People are placing huge significance on 2020, being the 50th anniversary and all but that doesn't mean that much to me to be honest, it'll be just another Glastonbury (which is in itself, no small thing of course). Maybe there'll be a few more bells and whistles but the run has to come to an end sometime. Just makes me even more determined to rinse every second out of this year! No regrets. 

And if the person who secures the ticket that I might have got this October gets even half as much out of the festival as I have, they'll never be the same.

Well explained and understandable. I hope you have a great festival :) Never say never though... you might be back in 10 years time...

13 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I did. 2017 was going to be my last until I met someone new that I really wanted to share the Glastonbury experience with. I've been lucky to have enjoyed eight wonderful, life-changing years and spent it with some great people, memories that will last forever. I've not been to as many as some and regretfully not as early in my life as I should have. In that time I like to think I've done all that I want to do and seen as much as I want to see, when I look back at the artists and moments I've enjoyed it's staggering really. Plus I'd like to focus on seeing more of the world. Over the past five years or so I've been fortunate to have travelled a lot and meeting some amazing people from different places has given me a much better perspective on life and made me a better person. Glastonbury is a big financial and time drain and something's got to give.

I'm really excited for this year, probably more than ever. The new areas sound incredible.

People are placing huge significance on 2020, being the 50th anniversary and all but that doesn't mean that much to me to be honest, it'll be just another Glastonbury (which is in itself, no small thing of course). Maybe there'll be a few more bells and whistles but the run has to come to an end sometime. Just makes me even more determined to rinse every second out of this year! No regrets. 

And if the person who secures the ticket that I might have got this October gets even half as much out of the festival as I have, they'll never be the same.

I am the similar. I have decided 2019 will be my last - well at least I wont be at 2020's festival anyway. Once October comes around, I know that I will be fighting the urge to be online, however, I have made my decision. My first was 2009 & I think a ten year run isn't a bad way to bow out.

I have seen very little of the world, and I'd like to put that right.

Glastonbury changed my life for the better. I hope it changes someone elses in the same way too. 

I do hope to be back, to see how it has  evolved- but mainly I am eager for 2019 to be the best one I have ever done.