Emotional Moments

JoeyT

I quite enjoyed this thread in 2017 so thought i'd revive it for this years festival.

It can be a particular song, a sight or even a smell (:blink:)

What will be the moment which tips you over the edge this year?

In terms of song for me it'll be Beans on Toast - Jamie and Lily. It got me last time and i'm sure it'll get me again.

from 1.45. I was right at the front on someones shoulders. Gives me goosebumps and has made me tear up just from watching it. Fucking class. 

This year I'm hoping for the same spine tingling moment from the chemical brothers. 

Edited by cb4747
  • Like 1

If '17 is anything to go by, Kate Tempest's set will get me.  I don't think I've ever seen her and not been overcome with emotion at one point so if she does 'Peoples Faces' its game over for me.

Open eye signal or everything connected by Jon Hopkins has the potential to leave me utterly speechless and absorbed by the spectacle.

Though not an 'emotional' moment, hearing the CLANK CLANK of the long drop doors is oddly comforting. 

As for smell, I would have said that lovely bonfire smell that envelops the entire site at night but it doesn't happen as much these days.

If there's any one sight in particular that'll send me over the edge?  Probably when you look back on the crowds and see thousands of happy, joyful people full of love and having the time of their lives.  Seeing such mass love just reaffirms just how bloody brilliant people can be. 

There is a Light That Never Goes Out. I'll probably be struggling not to Cry during High by The Cure too.

That and that weird sensation you get when you've been holding off a poo too long.

Edited by Homer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, matt1991 said:

These guys have just announced on Facebook they'll be back this year. Finding them on the hill in 2017 was a highlight for me, getting emotional watching it again.

They are almost like fatboy slim at Glastonbury ... its harder to miss them on the farm than see them ...p

28 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

from 1.45. I was right at the front on someones shoulders. Gives me goosebumps and has made me tear up just from watching it. Fucking class. 

This year I'm hoping for the same spine tingling moment from the chemical brothers. 

Kasabian get a lot of heat on here (I love em though) and I can't remember that field being as lively since or for some years before

When you finally get to the top of the hill where you can see all the site near the glasto letters, your starting to proper feel pissed and get into the glasto spirit, can see the lights across the site all bright and then you turn to your pals and say you can't believe your here for the next 5 days!

At least that's our routine anyway! 

Just typing this out I can visualise it now, can't wait! 

There's usually a moment on the Sunday when you're walking round with your group and you all know your way round without even the thought of looking at a map, reems of random jokes and stuff that's come along the way, completely at one with all the mud and sunburn you're covered in, a bit squiffy from only your third can of warm beer that your used to chocking down, that everything just seems thoroughly good. I get a big wallace smile from that.

Then there's waking up on Monday feeling like spiderman in Infinity War.

Edited by priest17
  • Upvote 1

When you start picking up Worthy FM on the radio on the way down.

When you get that first glimpse of the site and can see space to camp.

When you’ve lugged everything to where you camp and open that first can.

The cheer across the site when the sun comes out.

The Dalai Lama's message on stage with Patti Smith in 2015 kicked me right in the feels, as did Robert Plant playing "Going to California" as the sun broke through the rain clouds in 2014.

This year, Sunday might be quite poignant as it's likely to be my last Glastonbury. Coming over the hill and seeing the tops of the tents and flags peer above the village is always emotional. There's so many, I'm sure we all share a lot of them.

28 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

They are almost like fatboy slim at Glastonbury ... its harder to miss them on the farm than see them ...p

I've seen them loads. I've yet to see Fatboy Slim though. Think him and Billy Bragg both actually suffer from being there every year. It makes you think you can always catch them next time. 

Hard to tell. Some are predictable (Hacienda Classical doing You Got The Love), while others are like an RKO outta nowhere (I'm sure someone can explain why Katy Perry's Firework had me blubbering).

If I get to Frank Turner and he does Get Better, Next Storm or Love Forty Down I'll be in bits. If he does all three I'll be in a puddle in the corner.

Always have to hide slightly moist eyes from my mates when Baggy Mondays drop Resurrection, especially when the sun's out. I expect this year to he no different. 

Sweet Leaf of the North also has this effect.

Pictures Of You is my big one this year, and it happening on the Sunday in my fragile state is gonna make it hard not to bawl my eyes out. 

Also whatever the first big drop of the Chemical Brothers set is as the fielde breaks in to a unified jump and applause - a high like no other.

Tears in my eye "Hello" by Lionel Richie as I remember buying that for my late mum on 7" single as a present.

"Caravan Of Love" Heaton & Abbott had a few of us pretending there were onions in the vicinity.

Come to the conclusion its the Sunday that does it and day 5 of partying hard gets to me.