Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

18 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Maybe your taste buds are impaired!

I've been with dozens of other people, many of whom have done the same without complaint.

What do you mean by sanitiser?

This sort of stuff?

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/essential-waitrose-sensitive-hand-gel/511137-406466-406467

5 hours ago, Mardy said:

The bags were really good one year, they were sort of messanger bag style, maybe 11 or 12. But mostly they're horrible rucksack things. Got dozens of them at home, no idea what to do with them.

Make them into cushions :ph34r:, I'm thinking this idea would be right up your street :-)

15 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Tip - Don’t use your portable chargers overnight. They charge to 100% then stop. If your phone is still plugged in, when it goes down to 99% the portable charger will kick back in to top it up. This will keep on going til you unplug the phone.

Use your portable charger when you can keep an eye on it and unplug as soon it reaches 100%. You’ll get a lot more charges out it this way.

Switch your phone off at night to stop this happening. It'll charge faster and use less power to do so.

22 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I've been with dozens of other people, many of whom have done the same without complaint.

What do you mean by sanitiser?

This sort of stuff?

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/essential-waitrose-sensitive-hand-gel/511137-406466-406467

Aye.

I just tried some and... nothing! I can only think formulas have changed in the years since I actually used the stuff rather than just having it in a bag for emergencies.

Your taste buds are impeccable - carry on! :D

1 hour ago, giantkatestacks said:

we use compression bags for our clothes so we can fit more into our rucksacks and just do one journey from the car if driving or makes it easier if coaching

YES!  I swear by these and have used them for the last 8 years.  Aside from space saving, it's reassuring to know that whatever is in there will stay completely dry.  

2 hours ago, Kay95 said:

we usually bring baileys miniatures to stick in our morning coffee.... kinda goes against the plastics reduction tho

Where do you get them? I used to bring them (albeit to add to late night hot chocolate in the greenfields), but have been unable to find them for a while.

Install Google Photos on your phone and turn auto backup on. If you loose your phone, you won't have lost all your photos and videos too.

Take a 6 can cool bag and some sports injury instant ice packs, they work surprisingly well.

Another hangover limitation tip, have a protein bar before you go to sleep if you can't face any normal amount of food.

Edited by ceetee
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Where do you get them? I used to bring them (albeit to add to late night hot chocolate in the greenfields), but have been unable to find them for a while.

in 2017 it was amazon and they do have them on there at the moment. prices seem a bit steep though.  they are so good for chucking a couple in your pocket too

I might have a look at options for decanting from a big bottle to save on outlay

Never a fan of just drinking plain water to rehydrate especially if it’s not cooled so going to take some diluting juice, barley water etc, stick some into my reusable water containers so that when I top up it’s at least flavoured

then at the end of the day empty it out as I’ve been downing beer and cider all day !

19 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Aye.

I just tried some and... nothing! I can only think formulas have changed in the years since I actually used the stuff rather than just having it in a bag for emergencies.

Your taste buds are impeccable - carry on! :D

That's easily going to be the nicest thing  anyone will say to me today, cheers ;) 

21 minutes ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

Take the cardboard out the middle of toilet rolls and use them from the centre of the roll. Takes up less space and stops them unravelling everywhere.  Place in a ziplock bag to keep clean and dry.

I don't bother with the roll or the ziplock bag, just those pocket packs of tissues.  They're large, soft and strong and you can shove them in a coat or trouser pocked without noticing.

As I've mentioned previously, I've had plenty of times I've drastically cut my fibre intake when at the festival to *ahem* reduce my regularity.

6 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

which is why you will never, ever be able to leave it at home...

When I arrived back at my tent in the early hours one year, I found someone asleep on top of my tent. He'd broken some of the tent poles, a spare tent peg and a roll of tape came in very handy to fix the damage enough to last the rest of the festival.

1 hour ago, bombfrog said:

Enjoy the moment.

You don't need to video it on your phone, the BBC are already doing that and they have much better equipment.

This totally. It amazes me when I see people thinking their shitty phone will do a better job than the BBC cameras. 

45 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I don't bother with the roll or the ziplock bag, just those pocket packs of tissues.  They're large, soft and strong and you can shove them in a coat or trouser pocked without noticing.

As I've mentioned previously, I've had plenty of times I've drastically cut my fibre intake when at the festival to *ahem* reduce my regularity.

Maybe I don't buy the right tissues as I don't find them to be quite as efficient.  I have IBS so a plentiful supply of toilet roll is an essential.

5 hours ago, carlosj said:

The good news seemed to be that firms are beginning to make degradable wet wipes which should get round the current issue of the current ones being bad for disposal. However, I've seen that Tesco's degradable ones are stated as bad for aquatic life. How did that get missed at design board?

From what i've read, degradable wet wipes aren't anywhere near as degradable as the makers would have you believe (if degradable at all). Don't bother with them and just take soap and a flannel.

Leave you phone in the lock ups, you don't need it.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

This totally. It amazes me when I see people thinking their shitty phone will do a better job than the BBC cameras. 

I went to a gig last year in Bristol where the lead singer told the crowd that they wanted everyone to enjoy the gig rather than create videos for FB/Instagram.  She said if anyone started filming they'd stop playing.  Wish a few more would adopt that approach..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tumbles said:

I went to a gig last year in Bristol where the lead singer told the crowd that they wanted everyone to enjoy the gig rather than create videos for FB/Instagram.  She said if anyone started filming they'd stop playing.  Wish a few more would adopt that approach..

I will occasionally take a pic or 2 and if I'm in a unobtrusive position have even taken a 30-45 second clip of a favourite song but some people film the whole bloody gig and they move around so much it would be unwatchable! 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I will occasionally take a pic or 2 and if I'm in a unobtrusive position have even taken a 30-45 second clip of a favourite song but some people film the whole bloody gig and they move around so much it would be unwatchable! 

I remember Liam told all the press to piss off after the 2nd song of Beady Eye opening the other in 2013. 

Not sure you could stop a crowd of 50-60k in the same way you can a few hundred.

21 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

If I could be sure that the bbc cameraman in the towercam behind the pyramid didn’t have a Birdseye view right down into the adjacent long drops and urinals I would have more trust in the BBC.!