Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

32 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

The dangly bits could touch the seat where others have pee’d on!! I’d rather put it on my non wiping hand ?

No matter what you lot say, I've been cutting them off for over twenty years without any of the feds telling me off 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, clarkete said:

No matter what you lot say, I've been cutting them off for over twenty years without any of the feds telling me off 

Yeah I’ve seen you say that. I don’t take any scissors or sharp implements so non wiping hand it is! 

6 hours ago, stuwilky said:

Genuinely dont know what you guys are doing to get stuff on yoir wrists!!

The world is split between those who wipe while remaining seated, and those who rose from the throne to do so.

I'm guessing the above are the former, and you the latter.

7 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I just make sure the ends are tucked in before going in the bogs.  I can't have my band on my non-wiping i.e. watch wrist.

Not for me - (a) above the watch it's a looser band; (b) I'm used to something annoying on my watch wrist, so the band is fine there.

And, I'm taking the "never eat with the wristband you wipe your bum with" route.

I'm firmly in the camp of getting the wristband on the non wiping arm and quite surprised it causes so much consternation! It's not that you expect to get anything on your wrist, but why would you take the risk of having those dangly ends anywhere near the long drops or your business? When you have the choice not to? The amount of dirt that gets on them I'd just rather not have it on my right hand anyway as most likely to use that for everything else. Can never understand how people wear them for months on end! I keep them but they do get a wash. I used to always cut the ends off at the festival but getting the fear about possibly voiding it by doing so these days.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm firmly in the camp of getting the wristband on the non wiping arm and quite surprised it causes so much consternation! It's not that you expect to get anything on your wrist, but why would you take the risk of having those dangly ends anywhere near the long drops or your business? When you have the choice not to? The amount of dirt that gets on them I'd just rather not have it on my right hand anyway as not likely to use that for everything else anyway. Can never understand how people wear them for months on end! I keep them bit they do get a wash. I used to always cit the ends off at the festival but getting the fear about possibly voiding it these days.

Totally agree.

The alternative being (from a veterinary supply company):

Click To Enlarge

• Like 2

On 5/1/2019 at 10:30 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Rather than using baby wipes for cleansing bring a flannel and small camping stove.  Gives you a refreshing hot water wash .  

Bring a flannel a day, otherwise it can get a bit whiffy, or is that just me.?

Take an anglers seat, it’s a stool with a built in backpack, or a backpack with a stool built in, either way you can carry about eight cans of beer and when you’re knackered you can sit down and have one. Works for me every time. Available on amazon here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shakespeare-Folding-Stool-Back-Pack/dp/B004AHLS2I/ref=cts_sp_2_vtp

On 5/21/2019 at 10:08 PM, fightoffyour said:

Very obvious (possible) further improvement, I just take a couple of half used rolls since there so much smaller to carry round

I take those packs of 10 tissues, make sure they’re Kleenex or similar though, the others are too small

On 5/21/2019 at 7:19 PM, uscore said:

Yeah I used to put my glasses in one of my shoes for safe keeping overnight

My festival tip for glasses or contact lense wearers is laser eye surgery. Literally the biggest change to my life apart from perhaps having kids. Could not recommend it enough. The laser eye surgery that is, not kids. They spoil festivals. 

I know too many people who have had appalling problems with laser eye surgery.  Playing about with cosmetic surgery is one thing but on my eyes?  No fucking way.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:24 PM, _.mark._ said:

Mine is toilet roll in a clear ziploc bag, for the off chance that it rains so hard the contents of your bag gets soaking wet..

I tend to take the tube out of the middle and pull from inside out so it stays in the bag.

3684D4E8-C5C5-41B3-85A8-B9A547548CB3.jpeg

Andrex used to sell bog roll a bit like this.  It wasn’t the cheapest thing it the world but an absolute must have for festivals.  Don’t think they do it any more though ?

On 5/20/2019 at 2:13 PM, buffy394 said:

Thanks for the advice.  I couldn't think of anything worse than getting it there for it to fall apart and chuck all my possessions into the mud haha. 

Im coming on the train from London and theres quite a lot of walking around/dragging involved from Walthamstow to Castle Cary so I'm trying to decide the best way to bring crates! Im not very strong unfortunately!

We have shops in the West Country! Buy when you get here - even if you have to pop off-site & back! 

6 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

I know too many people who have had appalling problems with laser eye surgery.  Playing about with cosmetic surgery is one thing but on my eyes?  No fucking way.

I had laser eye surgery and it’s the best thing that I’ve ever done. Could not recommend it enough to all my bespectacled comrades! Although only if you can afford to get the very best option . Otherwise I wouldn’t get it at all. Don’t cheap out on surgery... 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, the beadle said:

Bring a flannel a day, otherwise it can get a bit whiffy, or is that just me.?

Rinse it out with cold water, hang it on a guy rope , should be dry by next day. Do not, I repeat do not use for bollocks or any other area below the waist. Resort to baby wipes for that area. No way should you expose your fellow campers to the sight of a skid marked flannel hanging from the tent.

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2019 at 10:20 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm firmly in the camp of getting the wristband on the non wiping arm and quite surprised it causes so much consternation! It's not that you expect to get anything on your wrist, but why would you take the risk of having those dangly ends anywhere near the long drops or your business? When you have the choice not to? The amount of dirt that gets on them I'd just rather not have it on my right hand anyway as most likely to use that for everything else. Can never understand how people wear them for months on end! I keep them but they do get a wash. I used to always cut the ends off at the festival but getting the fear about possibly voiding it by doing so these days.

I tie the dangly ends in a knot as soon as I get the band on. It keeps them nice and short.?

One thing I've had huge success from is using the lock up tents as an ATM. Not all places accept cards, so depositing your cash on day one and drawing some out every morning on your toilet trip (they're open 24 hours) is a Godsend. Much less of a queue than an ATM and you get a nice chat and free bog roll with it. 

On 16 May 2019 at 1:37 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

If you do take Ikea bags then make sure to bring heavy duty gardening gloves or something else to wrap around the handles. They are an absolute killer. I speak from experience!

Upvote.

I got questioned for recommending gloves earlier in this thread (albeit primarily for tent erecting purposes).

They just make doing a lot of set up a lot less uncomfortable (e.g. I've found dragging a trolley is also so much easier with gloves on).

Poundland gardening gloves are all it takes. Rubber at the front and cloth at the back. Therefore grippy and flexible. Use them at work constantly as they beat my issued by work expensive gloves hands down. (Choose your pair carefully though, as some of them are really badly moulded).

One for the germaphobes....

There are times when only a sit down dump will do, so I always pack a small pump action spray bottle of eco-friendly antibacterial spray. Giving the loo a wipe before and after makes that type of game of thrones a little easier to bear. ??

• Upvote 3

We bring one of those little pine tree car air fresheners to hang just inside the tent. 

Coming back to a tent that doesn't smell like a hamster cage just makes you feel much cleaner.

Also when packing your clothes, pack some dryer sheets in the bag, it makes your clothes smell freshly washed and once you've started to feel a little swampy a nice smelling jumper does wonders for the soul.

Edited by Robyn91