Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

15 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

I feel like there's only so far this conversation can go. You either have as little faith in humanity as me and accept this happens or you carry on assuming everybody is happy to just walk around with that unwiped arse feeling until they can get hold of tissue paper/bog roll. 

Obvs, but I'd start with socks. Unless I'd already pooped my pants a bit.

9 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

1. Queuing for mixed gender toilets? Let the guy behind you take the first one that comes up if a man leaves it and then jump in the first one a woman leaves. Higher chance of bog roll, it being able to lock properly and a toilet not covered in piss and shit. 

Also not convinced by this one. Men don't tend to hover as much as women. 

I'm not saying men aren't gross, but I reckon you've a good chance the guy coming out has given the seat a good wipe so that he could properly sit down. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fionajm777 said:

One last random tip...cut your toe nails.

I made the mistake of not doing this a few years back and it’s very uncomfortable walking long distances with your nails hitting the end of your boots 

Wouldn't recomend that this late. If you take one to low the problem is worse, I did mine at the weekend so that if any errors uccured then it would have time to grow back 

55 minutes ago, uscore said:

Also not convinced by this one. Men don't tend to hover as much as women. 

I'm not saying men aren't gross, but I reckon you've a good chance the guy coming out has given the seat a good wipe so that he could properly sit down. 

Indeed.  It's not easy to tell who leaves the seat clean!

6 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

There's a variety of reasons - you know the others - for it but one of them is genuinely people using them as loo roll. Look at the pattern the streaks form on them if you really want to try and play Poirot as to why they're their. (Now that reminds me of  another tip - take immodium ffs) Skanky people go to festivals too. Several mates and people I've camped with as a punter at festivals - don't ask how we got on the topic - have admitted to doing this (one of them on more than one occasion, which frankly is when I think it becomes an issue, as an absolute one off fine but...).   

If your miles away from your bog roll stash and the choices are walking around with that unwiped arse feeling or semi-clean it and go commando it's not a difficult decision, especially after a cocktail of drugs and alcohol? 

I feel like there's only so far this conversation can go. You either have as little faith in humanity as me and accept this happens or you carry on assuming everybody is happy to just walk around with that unwiped arse feeling until they can get hold of tissue paper/bog roll. 

And also you've got to break a post that long up with something interesting....

Personally I never start a poo without checking I have loo roll/tissues in any situation. A wee maybe but that is more easily dealt with.

13 minutes ago, Lakey91 said:

Shave your ass hole today before you leave - makes wiping a lot quicker so saves toilet paper and time spent in the longdrops. :lol:

Amateur. Electrolysis weeks ago. 

Hope I'm not the first to mention this "hack" but don't use your guyropes. There's absolutely no need for guyropes at Glasto and it just increases the chances of wrecking you tent by someone tripping on them or tripping onto your tent and pisses people off. And it wastes SO MUCH space. Honestly, I have no idea what goes through the heads of those who meticulously peg out every rope...

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:23 AM, frostypaw said:

This is my number 1 tip for a pleasant and happy festival if it's hot, you're drinking and having fun -  you will sweat and lose salts and a lot of the grumpy tired and hangover is not lack of sugar or water but lack of salt. Sugar gives a bit of a burst but it's not the same and straight table salt isn't the answer.

Dioralyte is also not quite the answer - those are for after diarrhoea and while they'll workish it's expensive, the proper electrolyte fizzy drink tabs are nice but also kinda dear, gunk things up and like the diarolyte has to be taken as one big dose.

Best thing I've found is these guys https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elete-ELE-001-25ml-Pocket-Bottle/dp/B003VJTMI8/ref=asc_df_B003VJTMI8/ - bit of random find on holiday but they're brilliant and solve all the issues.

The advantage is it's drops so you can make up any volume/strength you want or even just put it in your cider or a snack. There's no extra tablet junk or fizz or flavour so it's barely noticable and works in bladders/bottles/whatever without gunk and keeping your salts up in advance reduces how much water you need to drink.

Try some sort of electrolyte thing though, the sports folk doing their sweating aren't fools and you'll be happier for it.

Also regular pooping is your friend - try and program yourself into a daytime habit and go somewhere not so busy and it can all be peaceful and fine. It's ending up somewhere not optimal cos you've been putting it off that'll getcha.

Jumping back into this thread to say a massive thanks for this tip - bought myself some drops and made sure I topped up my water/whatever else I was drinking regularly. Granted, I perhaps wasn't drinking quite as much as usual but I genuinely think these saved me from going under in that heat, especially on the Saturday. Definitely improved my hangover headaches too - barely touched any of the painkillers I took with me.  

5 minutes ago, kh24 said:

Jumping back into this thread to say a massive thanks for this tip - bought myself some drops and made sure I topped up my water/whatever else I was drinking regularly. Granted, I perhaps wasn't drinking quite as much as usual but I genuinely think these saved me from going under in that heat, especially on the Saturday. Definitely improved my hangover headaches too - barely touched any of the painkillers I took with me.  

Yup yup yup.  Best tenner I've ever spent.  We went HAM for 4 days and this is the best I've ever felt on the Tuesday. 

9 minutes ago, kh24 said:

I used the Nuun tablets and they were great. Not so much for the hangover side of things as I had 7am starts but for being wiped due to the heat. Especially on Friday when I felt a bit ill due to the heat and sagged off Jon Hopkins to go back to my tent after having one of these helped no end. 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

for next  year ..... if you loose your friends dont spend ages on your mobile trying to locate them .. invest the time in making some new ones 

This million times!!! The day I decided to go off on my own turned out to be the best one I’ve had! 

30 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup yup yup.  Best tenner I've ever spent.  We went HAM for 4 days and this is the best I've ever felt on the Tuesday. 

\o/ so glad that worked for people - I went bonkers with them on Saturday and I think it made it much better but couldn't believe how many it took before i could taste them in the water at that point. Might be the body's way of letting you know

But yes was up at 8ish and bouncing daily after getting rather bladdered too, it's a joy. Still broken now tho