"Congratulations on

finding my phone!

Please contact my

friend [xxxx]* on

[01234567890]**

to help return it

to me and claim

a free drink!"

*insert first name of the most responsible person you are likely to be with for the majority of the festival

** insert the person's actual phone number

Take a photo of it and make it your lock screen background image so that the message is clearly visible. Pray not to lose your phone but expect to have a better time of being reunited with it should the worst happen. 

?

• Upvote 2

This is a bit obvious if you've been before but maybe not to the newbies...

If you're going by car, you don't need to take EVERYTHING in the first day you get there. Take your tent and sleeping stuff, maybe a change of clothes, and what you want to drink for the day. Next morning, make a run for the rest, having a few drinks on the way back to lighten the load.

You'll have your empty bags from the first trip to refill for the second.

Can also split up your not so legal consumables this way as well so if they're confiscated one day, you may be luckier the next...

• Upvote 1

I save £

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

dont forget to try and avoid £20 notes at the farm .... smaller note denominations are much better and help minimise those accidental mistakes with your change ( off to the bank now ) 

I save £5 notes throughout the year, handy for the traders, and safer for me than giving over a £20 or £10 and forgetting change when a bit wrecked , got about £400 worth

18 minutes ago, mph said:

I save £

I save £5 notes throughout the year, handy for the traders, and safer for me than giving over a £20 or £10 and forgetting change when a bit wrecked , got about £400 worth

Also, an easy way to save up spending money through the year without it really affecting you too much

19 hours ago, pahqman said:

If you're going by car, you don't need to take EVERYTHING in the first day you get there. Take your tent and sleeping stuff, maybe a change of clothes, and what you want to drink for the day. Next morning, make a run for the rest, having a few drinks on the way back to lighten the load.

Can also split up your not so legal consumables this way as well so if they're confiscated one day, you may be luckier the next...

Disagree man, take it all and nearly kill yourself, once you're there it's beverage in hand and the show on the road; i actively avoid having to spend an hour or so going back if i can i'd rather be enjoying myself in other ways than walking round a field full of cars. However, often unavoidable for many.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, pahqman said:

+1 to this. Gave myself heat exhaustion going in last year by overloading my huge rucksack with everything I wanted to take in on the first day - ruined Wednesday and Thursday. Taking an hour out of your Thursday (preferably early) to go back and get booze/luxury items and avoid having to queue on your way back in is the way to go

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

If you need to do 2 trips you've taken too much

Indeed. 

Maybe 15-20 years ago when I had a six berth tent I'd have done two trips, although I'm sure others here would simply have got themselves a decent trolley - mine was some hard wheeled folding jobbie.

I do understand those who want/need to bring lots of drink to save bar prices, but for drinks which are only really nice when chilled I think that's a tricky one.

Edited by clarkete

On 6/19/2019 at 1:43 PM, hmmmloddy said:

Write this on a piece of paper

"Congratulations on

finding my phone!

Please contact my

friend [xxxx]* on

[01234567890]**

to help return it

to me and claim

a free drink!"

*insert first name of the most responsible person you are likely to be with for the majority of the festival

Take a photo of it and make it your lock screen background image so that the message is clearly visible. Pray not to lose your phone but expect to have a better time of being reunited with it should the worst happen. 

?

Might have mentioned this previously, but I'd stick the bit of paper inside your phone case as well.  No use if the battery's dead, and lost property have said before that they don't charge dead phones that come in

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Might have mentioned this previously, but I'd stick the bit of paper inside your phone case as well.  No use if the battery's dead, and lost property have said before that they don't charge dead phones that come in

I literally had to get the piece of paper I just photographed out of the bin to do this part. It is so screwed up I am writing it out again!!

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

dont forget to try and avoid £20 notes at the farm .... smaller note denominations are much better and help minimise those accidental mistakes with your change ( off to the bank now ) 

Exactly this !!! Did the same yesterday - £10 and £5 notes only.

In 2017 we parked in pink 57, entered in Ped Gate A and camped in Pylon so it wasn't miles to go.

No queues exiting/reentering, minimal search (just asked what I had/patted down the outside of my bag) and the whole trip took about an hour with a drink break at the car.

Hoping to do the same this time but ill be leaving more for the second trip so i can have an easier first :)

To each their own .?

Edited by pahqman

41 minutes ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

Exactly this !!! Did the same yesterday - £10 and £5 notes only.

Don’t most places take card these days anyway? I agree that cash is definitely easier at a festival but I seem to remember you can easily get by without it

On 6/19/2019 at 1:43 PM, hmmmloddy said:

Write this on a piece of paper

"Congratulations on

finding my phone!

Please contact my

friend [xxxx]* on

[01234567890]**

to help return it

to me and claim

a free drink!"

?

On most phones you can setup emergency contacts / medical info that can be accessed via the lock screen:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/android-iphone-emergency-contact-ice_l_5ce2e6aee4b075a35a2b9250

Probably good to have all the time not just for festivals. I assume emergency services / lost property people know about such things if they find someones phone.

1 hour ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

Reliant on network for the card machines 

yeah but we're kind of past that now aren't we? Of course cash never fails but most festivals or outdoor events ive been to now are well into the new age of contactless payments at every bar and stall and id be surprised if the Glasto bars werent the same. All guesswork though and , as I said, cash does never fail

14 minutes ago, jow95 said:

yeah but we're kind of past that now aren't we? Of course cash never fails but most festivals or outdoor events ive been to now are well into the new age of contactless payments at every bar and stall and id be surprised if the Glasto bars werent the same. All guesswork though and , as I said, cash does never fail

Dunno but my card failed to make a payment at Bearded Theory so I think it can happen.  But it was only the once.  And I'll try to rely on my card if I can I think.

Good idea about using smaller notes.  I usually get my cash out of the ATM so don't have any say over what notes I'm given and it's too late to start hoarding tenners and fivers.  I guess I'm going to have to go into a proper bank for the first time for ages!

34 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Dunno but my card failed to make a payment at Bearded Theory so I think it can happen.  But it was only the once.  And I'll try to rely on my card if I can I think.

Good idea about using smaller notes.  I usually get my cash out of the ATM so don't have any say over what notes I'm given and it's too late to start hoarding tenners and fivers.  I guess I'm going to have to go into a proper bank for the first time for ages!

It’s one of those problems that isn’t an issue 9/10 times but when it happens it’s VERY annoying. Even if relying on your card, as I probably will, definitely a bright idea to Atleast take a few notes. When you really want that handcrafted wooden spoon you’ve taken a shine to in the craft fields, it’s a nightmare when the creator asks you what a card machine is.

33 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I actually had interaction with humans in my bank talking about my bungy t-shirt .... missed opportunitiy as I should have had my Glastonbury one on really ....

3 hours ago, jow95 said:

It’s one of those problems that isn’t an issue 9/10 times but when it happens it’s VERY annoying. Even if relying on your card, as I probably will, definitely a bright idea to Atleast take a few notes. When you really want that handcrafted wooden spoon you’ve taken a shine to in the craft fields, it’s a nightmare when the creator asks you what a card machine is.

257139.jpg?b64lines=IFRoZXkgc2F5IGhlIGNh

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1