Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

2 hours ago, frostypaw said:

Poo and wee don't levitate - hovering is the only way it gets on the seats in the first place. Wipe if you're worried and sit. Not one recorded case in medical history of an infection from sitting on a toilet seat.

Spare loo roll available at info points, but please do bring your own so they don't run out for those in real need.

It's not the only way that wee gets there - the other way is from men standing and pissing liberally all over the place.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:13 PM, ICGenie said:
On 6/11/2019 at 7:56 PM, hurdy said:

Never rinse after brushing your teeth. Reduces the amount of fluoride protecting your gnashers. 

Although the fluoride does funny things to your brain (hence why I use a fluoride free toothpaste

No it doesn't. Unless you have massive doses of it

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

anybody worked out the solution to clapping when holding a drink yet ? :) 

They had lanyards for sale previously that fitted  on the metal pint glasses. Worked well around your neck hands free for a few seconds as long as the drink was not too full 

• Upvote 1

Just now, buddiepaul said:

They had lanyards for sale previously that fitted  on the metal pint glasses. Worked well around your neck hands free for a few seconds as long as the drink was not too full 

good shout ... will keep my eyes out ... easy to transfer over my cans too 

Just now, Jay89 said:

Have you ever done 2 without doing 1? Think about it!

I have, plenty times. But that's not what's being discussed - talking about the few weirdos who stand and piss when there's a perfectly good urinal next door.

17 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Just thinking, does Google maps work as a good, up to date version of this now?

No. It doesn't it says 13 minutes from pyramid to west holts which is bollocks at any time. ( Other than when it is a farm ?)

52 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

Presumably if only longdrops were available in the immediate vicinity. Is that not the case in places? Comment also covers compost loos.

So like 2 spots on site? The unfairground loos lacked urinals IIRC and up by Strummerville, but I think every other one has both. Always preferable not to have to aim careful to avoid splashback and not look into the Maw of Horror.

And that only covers wee which you can deal with in a quick wipe.

There's zero reason for there ever to be poo on a seat.

They should put  up a sign on the babylon side of the tracks for the Glade urinals though.

On 5/2/2019 at 2:23 AM, frostypaw said:

This is my number 1 tip for a pleasant and happy festival if it's hot, you're drinking and having fun -  you will sweat and lose salts and a lot of the grumpy tired and hangover is not lack of sugar or water but lack of salt. Sugar gives a bit of a burst but it's not the same and straight table salt isn't the answer.

Dioralyte is also not quite the answer - those are for after diarrhoea and while they'll workish it's expensive, the proper electrolyte fizzy drink tabs are nice but also kinda dear, gunk things up and like the diarolyte has to be taken as one big dose.

Best thing I've found is these guys https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elete-ELE-001-25ml-Pocket-Bottle/dp/B003VJTMI8/ref=asc_df_B003VJTMI8/ - bit of random find on holiday but they're brilliant and solve all the issues.

The advantage is it's drops so you can make up any volume/strength you want or even just put it in your cider or a snack. There's no extra tablet junk or fizz or flavour so it's barely noticable and works in bladders/bottles/whatever without gunk and keeping your salts up in advance reduces how much water you need to drink.

Try some sort of electrolyte thing though, the sports folk doing their sweating aren't fools and you'll be happier for it.

Also regular pooping is your friend - try and program yourself into a daytime habit and go somewhere not so busy and it can all be peaceful and fine. It's ending up somewhere not optimal cos you've been putting it off that'll getcha.

Finally purchased this, thanks. Also, needs a bump. 

On 5/1/2019 at 10:54 PM, Aragorn said:

Someone always says a good idea is a hook that you hang on the long drop door and you then hang your stuff on it, save putting whatever it is your carrying on the floor or holding it whilst your dropping the kids off. 

I uses the hook/latch that holds the door shut. Loop your bag strap over it as you close it. 

1 hour ago, Divein said:

I've also bought this to stick in my day first aid kit.

@frostypawcan you give me some advice on the typical serving required. the bottle says 5 servings so 5ml each, how much water would you recommend that in?

For ongoing drink 10 drops to a litre so easy to dose any size really. I put 5 in a pint of juice, 30 in my 3l water bladder if I'm using that

Double if if you're already dehydrated but you'll taste it then.

Edited by frostypaw

On 5/2/2019 at 12:07 PM, CeriG said:

Girls - when going in the long drops take an empty cardboard pint cup with you... Pee into cup and tip pee down - No need for awkward hovering in hope you don't get someone else's faeces or urine on your backside  

festival toilets really freak me out so I got one of those portable urinals (sounds ridic) which have a funnel lid like a sheewee and you can pee straight into it and pour it out! 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

saw this today and thought I might benefit from it given the warm conditions we are going to have .... little Angels though ?:) 

IMG_3830.jpeg

Will save Micheal Gove from getting his white powders mixed up i guess!

• Upvote 1