Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

6 hours ago, yehbutnobut said:

Hangover related, and dont think it was this thread, but someone did mention a couple of weeks back about these salt drops that they added to whatever they were drinking through the day, and that they were amazing for fending off a mega hangover. Just about to start purchasing things for my first aid kit, can anyone point me in the right direction?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Science-Sport-Hydro-Hydration-Tablets/dp/B008AGN01C/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3NOLLAM1G8GRB&keywords=sis+hydration+tablets&qid=1559277877&s=gateway&sprefix=Sis%2Caps%2C177&sr=8-5 I find these ward off hangovers

2 hours ago, tarw said:

Just ordered some - I'll be a happy man if these make any noticeable difference! Thank you :)

2 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

Yep, me too. No idea how I never thought of it before! Also the dry shower thingy! 

1D5DFC29-6E31-4041-9894-D9960227A41A.jpeg

You won't regret the Muc Off stuff.  Was a game changer when I discovered it.

I would recommend a flannel to go with it so you can feel like you've had a bit of a scrub

3 minutes ago, Lakey91 said:

Cheers guys! Never heard of this dry shower stuff before - gonna order some now.

It’s pricy, but apparently this little bottle lasts quite long! Unless the reviews were not genuine and I should order another one ? Any thoughts @Quark?

1 minute ago, Jay89 said:

Think it was around 7 quid for this little bottle. But if it saves me 2 hours waiting in the queue for ladies showers, I’m down with that.

Yep that's about what I paid for it I think. Got mine from either Cotswold Outdoors or Blacks I think so you might find it cheaper if you shop around, but not a million miles.

A bottle lasted me the festival with a wee bit left over I think.  To make it last I'd pump a bit straight onto the bit to be washed, rub it around with your hands, then use the flannel to scrub.  If you pump straight onto the flannel a load of it will get absorbed straight off and it won't go as far.

24 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

It’s pricy, but apparently this little bottle lasts quite long! Unless the reviews were not genuine and I should order another one ? Any thoughts @Quark?

Not sure if it’s at all similar as I’ve not tried either but saw this in the poundshop the other day. Maybe a cheaper option...

9AE85D06-463D-468B-9D5D-7842144274F4.jpeg

Edited by AmazingAbby
Made zero sense at first

2 minutes ago, AmazingAbby said:

Not sure if it’s at all similar as I’ve not tried either but saw this in the poundshop the other day. Maybe a cheaper option...

9AE85D06-463D-468B-9D5D-7842144274F4.jpeg

Yep, that’s the same stuff. Will be my festival staple from now on.

6 minutes ago, Lakey91 said:

Nice, poundland version it is then! Will see if I can pick some up today. The muc-off is £5 on amazon but has good reviews - I wonder what the poundland stuff will be like.

I might pick up a bottle if I can find it over the weekend and let y'all know how it compares.  Got some Muc Off left from BDs last year, so I can do a side by side test :D

On the comfort (lenor) bottle thing - I take a (very) weak solution of bleach with me. My daily routine, my comfort bottle is poured out into the long drops, bit of said weak bleach (we're talking detol spray strength) and my comfort bottle is clean fresh and lovely.

If bleach too strong you burn your knob the following day, you don't know you've done it until a few hours later when there's a fire down below. That's never happened, ever.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

On the comfort (lenor) bottle thing - I take a (very) weak solution of bleach with me. My daily routine, my comfort bottle is poured out into the long drops, bit of said weak bleach (we're talking detol spray strength) and my comfort bottle is clean fresh and lovely.

If bleach too strong you burn your knob the following day, you don't know you've done it until a few hours later when there's a fire down below. That's never happened, ever.

Why don't people just use the toilets? What's the obsession with pissing into bottles? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pits-Bits-Filthy-Festival-Wash/dp/B0728G4VGV/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=waterless+bodywash&qid=1559292822&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Get a good few bits in here for 6.95 including those giant wet wipes! Im kinda put off by the name though I cant lie..

I've just ordered this! Thank you. Gotta look after those bits.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Why don't people just use the toilets? What's the obsession with pissing into bottles? 

You already know the answer to this but -

5am. Wake up. Busting for a piss. Toilets are 10 minutes away and involve getting dressed, navigating tents, and going along path ankle deep in mud.

Some times it's just not logistically doable.

1 hour ago, incident said:

You already know the answer to this but -

5am. Wake up. Busting for a piss. Toilets are 10 minutes away and involve getting dressed, navigating tents, and going along path ankle deep in mud.

Some times it's just not logistically doable.

1 hour ago, PaintedInSand said:

I imagine because it's a total mish getting changed in the middle of the night / early morning to trek to the loo just for a piss.

Do you all sleep naked? Or are you embarrassed by your my little pony pyjamas?