Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

41 minutes ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

Maybe I don't buy the right tissues as I don't find them to be quite as efficient.  I have IBS so a plentiful supply of toilet roll is an essential.

Oh yes, that does sound like a potentially challenging environment and one where risk free comfort is essential!

1 hour ago, ceetee said:

Another hangover limitation tip, have a protein bar before you go to sleep if you can't face any normal amount of food.

I genuinely can't remember being in a state before bed when food isn't an option. Morning after yes, but never had difficulty eating when pissed! :lol:

Walk a bit further afield if you need a dump in the morning! The bogs nearest to the campsite will be busiest and often have really long queues first thing. If you walk a bit further, away from the campsites, then there are usually no queues. I always do this when camping in Pylon/Rvermead/Bushy - just walk to the bogs in Silver Hayes and there are no queues that early in the morning , and they are often cleaner. If I need a dump, I need to go, and can't queue

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Gregfc15 said:

I read my favourite hack in another thread on here, and will definitely be doing it this year.

For those camping a bit further away and don’t want to waste time returning to their tents to stock back up on Cider, snacks or both, pack a 2nd day bag when you leave in the morning, and then store it at one of the lock up’s.

You my friend are an absolute gem! Camped offsite in the Oxfield a trek away from anything for the past couple years and never even considered this for some reason. Genius. 

21 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Compeeds are amazing. Lifesaver when I'm wearing my hockey shoes with ankle shin pads that rub like fuck. Good at glasto for the 30000 steps plus a day too

I know the crowds can be a bit much, but shin pads?! ;)

7 hours ago, cb4747 said:

We're huge coffee heads and taking our camping cafetiere and ground coffee. So extra. I can't do mornings without it, terrible addiction. These are handy though for sure, may pack a couple for when I can't wait 20 minutes for the kettle to boil. 

I alway take an aeropress with me. Espresso every morning is a must. I’ve even toyed with taking a grinder but settle for ready ground. Great for espressotinis. I use vanilla vodka for them. Lush

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, cb4747 said:

It's probably already known but I change my lock screen on my phone to a photo of a message reading:
'If found PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call *********** thank you' Also have find my friends on with whoever you're going with, or someone who could help if you did lose your iPhone. 

This is such a good idea! Amazing.

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Never a fan of just drinking plain water to rehydrate especially if it’s not cooled so going to take some diluting juice, barley water etc, stick some into my reusable water containers so that when I top up it’s at least flavoured

then at the end of the day empty it out as I’ve been downing beer and cider all day !

Have you tried these pods? Tiny to carry round and you hardly need any as it's so concentrated!

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/282138037?sc_cmp=ppc*GHS+-+Grocery+-+New*PX+|+Shopping+GSC+|+All+Products*New:+F%26D:+Drinks:+Drinks*PRODUCT_GROUP282138037*&ds_rl=1116019&ds_rl=1116322&ds_rl=1116019&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrcGn4c794QIV20sNCh2iQwLoEAkYASABEgL6yvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

12 hours ago, cb4747 said:

It's probably already known but I change my lock screen on my phone to a photo of a message reading:
'If found PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call *********** thank you' Also have find my friends on with whoever you're going with, or someone who could help if you did lose your iPhone. 

That's a grand idea. As we're taking the kid this year I'll need my phone. Previoisly it's gone in the lock ups.

late on this thread so apologies if it's already been mentioned....

Large Comfort bottle for that middle of the night 'comfort' break... Do the business, the tent smells of spring mountain freshness and a large entrance rim for guys like myself.?

Fairly obvious but....use the lock-ups.  From the start.  Tent up, put cash in lock-ups.  And car keys and tickets to get home and anything else you don't want to lose, get stolen.  

Tent thieves do happen.  My first Glasto someone went in but because of the good advice I had been given, all our cash was in the lock up.  So we could just shrug and say "Bloody bastards" and get on with enjoying ourselves.

Edited by Beerqueen