Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

15 minutes ago, bethannny said:

Definitely the Cornish Arms near Leftfield. 

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Oooh nice one. 

Regarding regular coffee, the place in Williams Green is a 10/10. Only thing I queue for. 

These are both pieces of information I needed in my life.

Which coffee place is that Nal?  Memory's a bit hazy, trying to place it in WG

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

These are both pieces of information I needed in my life.

Which coffee place is that Nal?  Memory's a bit hazy, trying to place it in WG

On the corner as you're walking into the Circus field. Sort of beside the paella place. Its really good. 

Edit - Just doubted myself there to had to check!

Yeah, Proper Coffee. From 1 min 35 here

Edited by The Nal
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, The Nal said:

On the corner as you're walking into the Circus field. Sort of beside the paella place. Its really good. 

Edit - Just doubted myself there to had to check!

Yeah, Proper Coffee. From 1 min 35 here

Gotcha, will try that one this year

41 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Girls - when going in the long drops take an empty cardboard pint cup with you... Pee into cup and tip pee down - No need for awkward hovering in hope you don't get someone else's faeces or urine on your backside  

Irk no, just be careful with your toilet choosing, clean up a bit and then sit down. Anything else and you are likely to get fluids and worse all over the seat and floor and some poor volunteer has to clean it up. I couldn't wee into a pint pot sober let alone altered. 

• Upvote 1

Just remembered another one - we use compression bags for our clothes so we can fit more into our rucksacks and just do one journey from the car if driving or makes it easier if coaching.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tronature-compression-40x60cm-50x70cm-vacuum/dp/B01M1HGMCI/ref=sr_1_16?crid=2YJU3MKWYBDZN&keywords=compression+sacks+for+clothes&qid=1556798181&s=gateway&sprefix=compression+sac%2Caps%2C147&sr=8-16

But TK Maxx have got them as well with the travel stuff if you have ethical problems with Amazon (which I have).

8 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Irk no, just be careful with your toilet choosing, clean up a bit and then sit down. Anything else and you are likely to get fluids and worse all over the seat and floor and some poor volunteer has to clean it up. I couldn't wee into a pint pot sober let alone altered. 

I make sure that I tip it with out spilling. For me I would rather pee into a cardboard cup and tip it than risk any chance of sitting on them, especially when tipsy.

I steer clear from the long drops and aim for the compost loos. Only time I ever use long drops is when I am absolutely desperate in the main areas like the pyramid.

I tried a she wee once and putting it in and out of my bag all day just seem so unhygienic. 

Edited by CeriG

42 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Oooh nice one. 

Regarding regular coffee, the place in Williams Green is a 10/10. Only thing I queue for. 

Yes! You (I think) said this before the '17 fest and queueing seemed very unlike you so I went and suffered the queue and it was indeed well worth it. Lovely coffee and the chap who runs the stall is delightful.

My she wee changed my life. No more "Oh FFS" at daft o' clock after only being asleep for an hour. No more fear of an ungodly longdrop and a distended bladder. That said, I can only use it reliably if I drop trou so I still don't use the urinals. ? The women's urinal up by the stone circle is hilarious. Stage fright everywhere.

7 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Small waterproof wash bag or make up bag.

Yeah I had a little water proof bag but it was the just baby wiping it between wees and it not fully being clean thnat put me off..... I sound like a right germaphobe ?

3 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Yeah I had a little water proof bag but it was the just baby wiping it between wees and it not fully being clean thnat put me off..... I sound like a right germaphobe ?

No, I hear you. I take a little bottle of handwash and give it a wash through every so often.

Handwash is actually another fabulous thing. Sanitiser is evil. One lick of the tip of your fingers to roll a single skinner and you're choking. It's also great for making friends at the taps - especially if you get a nice smelling one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

We're huge coffee heads and taking our camping cafetiere and ground coffee. So extra. I can't do mornings without it, terrible addiction. These are handy though for sure, may pack a couple for when I can't wait 20 minutes for the kettle to boil. 

Appreciate the dedication to coffee! V extra but I bet it is amazing to have decent coffee before even facing putting your wellies out!

14 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

No, I hear you. I take a little bottle of handwash and give it a wash through every so often.

Handwash is actually another fabulous thing. Sanitiser is evil. One lick of the tip of your fingers to roll a single skinner and you're choking. It's also great for making friends at the taps - especially if you get a nice smelling one.

For sure.... The taste of hand sanitizer is the making of the devil.

If you take pillows, I recommend these as they come vac packed so take up v little space! (not an issue on the walk back sans booze)

After years of getting my festival packing streamlined AF, I find the older I get the more creature comforts keep creeping in!

Edited by brightyoungthing2
edit: I was torn whether to put here or in 'camping essentials...' thread!

Tactical weeing and re-hydrating! Always go when your passing the loos not when your need to probably halfway through a set and immediately re-hydrate buy necking at least 1/2 your water bottle then refill. Never had a hangover yet!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Sanitiser is evil. One lick of the tip of your fingers to roll a single skinner and you're choking. 

I've used it there for at least a decade and haven't experienced that.  Are you using something fancier than my quid-a-small-bottle-from-the supermarket ones, or are were you putting much more onto your fingertips than me?

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I've used it there for at least a decade and haven't experienced that.  Are you using something fancier than my quid-a-small-bottle-from-the supermarket ones, or are were you putting much more onto your fingertips than me?

Maybe your taste buds are impaired!