Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

As the VIcks under the nose thing has popped back up....

You've got a month - practice breathing only through your mouth so you can't smell. There's a bit inside your throat that blocks the link between the two so you can swallow, use your brain to feel around and find it. Long-drops will stop bothering you and no need to honk vicks rather than tasty festival food smells for ages.

Humans can do this, we're designed to do it on purpose. Useful all over the place

Edited by frostypaw
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

in a wet year we take one of those big ikea bags and strip wellies and waterproof trousers straight into it before going into the main bit of the tent - to try and contain the mud etc.

Was going to say similar.... step straight into a bin liner in the tent and remove muddy boots inside it.  then when you leave put them on in the same bag... just keeps the mud contained.

I also attach my wallet and camera to a lanyard/similar and then loop round the strap of my bag or belt loop, so that in the case that I drop them or similar, then they won't go far.

41 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

4. in a wet year we take one of those big ikea bags and strip wellies and waterproof trousers straight into it before going into the main bit of the tent - to try and contain the mud etc.

top tip ! stole that one! nothing worse than battling with muddy boots/wellys in your tent! ?

My tip is dump the wet wipes and have yourself a birdy wash, feel so much fresher for it! I always take a small tube of shower gel . This year ill be taking a collapsible bucket (£5 wilkos) and a flannel :)

3 minutes ago, amyg1990 said:

top tip ! stole that one! nothing worse than battling with muddy boots/wellys in your tent! ?

My tip is dump the wet wipes and have yourself a birdy wash, feel so much fresher for it! I always take a small tube of shower gel . This year ill be taking a collapsible bucket (£5 wilkos) and a flannel :)

take two, clearly marked for top and bottom! I go for two different colours sothere is no confussion! i also keep them in seperate Ziplock bags!

4 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

take two, clearly marked for top and bottom! I go for two different colours sothere is no confussion!

Or take two white flannels.

It should soon become apparent which one is which.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

I think it's to do with the loose, dangly bit of wristband (the bit with 'void') on it getting 'caught up' in the tissue mitten?

I've never taken the chance, so i can't speak from experience!

But also:

I will in fact have to be wiping my 3 year old's bum at some point at the festival...so i'm definitely not gonna have my wristband on my right wrist!

I've always just trimmed off the excess with a pair of swiss army scissors.

As with @drunk pumpkin I take a portable rucksack, although the one I have has gone up and is twice the price of theirs - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FUWSTI8/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_TNSYCbMR6W4RE

Try and remember to trim your nails before you go, as you don't want questionable things that are hard to clean off your nails when you're trying to each your delicious grub.

If you had anything small that you didn't want someone to take off you, tuck it in your bra or pants for safe keeping :) 

2 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Hair of the dog + caffeine. Absolutely. This is going on my list too! 

Piggybacking on this, these little caffeinated beauties are on offer for £1 each in some places for convenience!

We are going for espresso martini breakfasts this year, mixing them with vodka and Kahlua. (as Kate Moss said*, to "wake me up and f*** me up")

This thread is brilliant.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

And rather than a foldable chair - try an air lounger.  Easy to carry around with you, sits 3/4, really comfortable and very easy to inflate (if you do it correctly)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MOSFiATA-Inflatable-Inflating-Waterproof-Tear-Resistant/dp/B07Q9KW58J/ref=sr_1_29_sspa?keywords=air+lounger&qid=1556791083&s=gateway&sr=8-29-spons&psc=1

And really funny for others if you don't do it correctly :)

For this environment I'd suggest it's really important making sure it's fire safe before you take it.

This stuff's pretty good, bottle sees me through the whole weekend. Works for me as I've got no hair, but might need something more if you want to wash that as well. Available in most camping shops, normally get mine from Cotswold Outdoor. Pleasant coconutty smell as well, combine this with  flannel and you actually have a decent scrub of a morning.

71AMIdMpN3L._SL1500_.jpg

6 minutes ago, brightyoungthing2 said:

Piggybacking on this, these little caffeinated beauties are on offer for £1 each in some places for convenience!

We are going for espresso martini breakfasts this year, mixing them with vodka and Kahlua. (as Kate Moss said*, to "wake me up and f*** me up")

This thread is brilliant.

We're huge coffee heads and taking our camping cafetiere and ground coffee. So extra. I can't do mornings without it, terrible addiction. These are handy though for sure, may pack a couple for when I can't wait 20 minutes for the kettle to boil. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

So if I lose my saddle I can't just pick it up at the nearest lockup?!

Afraid not.  But if you overdo it you do wake up back at your tent with everything you were carrying the last time you were compus.

2 minutes ago, Ruth1980 said:

These are ace for getting rounds in. Particularly if it's a busy bar and the bar uses squashy paper cups. They fold up small so easily fit into a day bag or pocket

Festival-beer-carrier-One-Stop-Festival.png

Seeing this gives me vivid memories of trying to get 4 pints of hot & spicy out of one of those cardboard carriers and spilling lava like liquid all over my hands. 

• Upvote 1

Girls - when going in the long drops take an empty cardboard pint cup with you... Pee into cup and tip pee down - No need for awkward hovering in hope you don't get someone else's faeces or urine on your backside  

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoeyT said:

Seeing this gives me vivid memories of trying to get 4 pints of hot & spicy out of one of those cardboard carriers and spilling lava like liquid all over my hands. 

We always take these to any festival or gig- best invention ever!

Just now, JoeyT said:

Oh dear! Yeah these are better as when you stand the pints on the floor you can easily lift them out