Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

40 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Listerine.

If you spend days biting the inside of your cheeks (for some reason) every morning, Listerine. You'll thank me.

If you're biting the inside of your cheeks for party related reasons... I comment taking some magnesium during party hours (and even during the day). Make sure you get a form the body uses properly... like Magnesium glycinate.. itll stop muscle spasms and greatly reduce jaw clenching, grinding etc. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, hmmmloddy said:

When there's a choice, use a toilet that a woman has just come from. They are more likely to have chosen a decent one or tidied it up enough to make it more pleasant. But for god's sake, leave it as good (if not better) than you found it.

Also, Mrs Hmmmloddy says if you are a woman then the official shewee areas are an absolute delight. The girls staffing it are super helpful, very caring and nice. Once you've mastered the technique it's also very free-ing apparently.

I used to use this logic, but it is not infallible. Once went into a toilet in t in the park that a woman has came out of that had been blocked up & people had kept using. The top of the resulting pile of shit was about 3 inches above the toilet seat. She'd been in there for a bit so presumably she'd hovered & pee'd on top of the shit pile (or even worse added to the pile of shit).

Completely lost my faith in womankind after this incident.

Just now, MetaKate said:

If you're biting the inside of your cheeks for party related reasons... I comment taking some magnesium during party hours (and even during the day). Make sure you get a form the body uses properly... like Magnesium glycinate.. itll stop muscle spasms and greatly reduce jaw clenching, grinding etc. 

Where can I purchase this magical remedy? May need it for ya know, reasons.

Also if anyone is partaking multiple nights in a row I highly recommend taking supplements. It really helps the experience... if you need a supplement list/dosage and wanna roll safe just msg me!

(I'm a huge nerd when it comes to everything, even taking drugs)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Where can I purchase this magical remedy? May need it for ya know, reasons.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Supplements-Magnesium-Glycinate-Capsules/dp/B01K1JEVA4/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=1ZM39ZAIB6EQJ&keywords=magnesium+glycinate&qid=1556748624&s=gateway&sprefix=magnesium+glyci&sr=8-3

That one is good.... I recommend taking one capsule before, during, and after... you should notice a difference!

• Upvote 2

Just now, MetaKate said:

Hero! 

4 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Also if anyone is partaking multiple nights in a row I highly recommend taking supplements. It really helps the experience... if you need a supplement list/dosage and wanna roll safe just msg me!

(I'm a huge nerd when it comes to everything, even taking drugs)

not just for drugs but my simple hangover cure for years now has been (alongside obviously a tonne of water) to take two multivitamins before bed! doesn't eliminate it but definitely have much more energy 

Just now, Jne___ said:

not just for drugs but my simple hangover cure for years now has been (alongside obviously a tonne of water) to take two multivitamins before bed! doesn't eliminate it but definitely have much more energy 

Electrolyte tablets work wonders also! I try to force myself to drink one before bed everytime I drink and my hangovers have gone from unbearable to functional!

51 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Listerine.

If you spend days biting the inside of your cheeks (for some reason) every morning, Listerine. You'll thank me.

Also some Bonjella, just in case you bite too hard.

And let’s not forget Chap Ice too because sometimes at festivals, you just can’t help but lick those lips...

17 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Worthwhile maybe taking one a day for a week or so before the festival too. Build up the levels etc... Go too hard on the magnesium at the festival and well, let’s just say those long drops are a grim enough experience as it is!

22 minutes ago, hmmmloddy said:

A few attempts did not go to plan, but both the stewards and the other girls in there were very helpful (without being weird), maybe the supportive atmosphere helps? She says stick with it, it's worth persevering even just for the very short queues

So I’ve always found the Wateraid Shepees amazing and easy to use - what it is to be able to wee standing up! I use them whenever I can at the festival. But the shewee things you buy? Disaster. Total. Once and never again. Went very badly. Try a Wateraid Shepee. The women running them are lovely and explain all about how to use them. It’s a little haven. And they also have mirrors and a little counter where you can do your make-up and hair. 

4 minutes ago, stonedcircle said:

the BEST toilets are right up by Strummervile. Always a pleasure and well worth the walk for the views! 

I like the ones between theatre & circus and acoustic. Nearly always clean and dry. I often walk past other ones to get to them 

4598BAD7-6A01-4530-9EE6-7D179BD67E6C.jpeg

• Upvote 1

The High 5 Zero or Zero Extreme are absolutely excellent for rehydration.

I use them generally for sport anyway and find them fantastic so I decided to bring a tube with me to the last Glasto.

I gave some to my friends and they all agreed they were great (the extreme version have a decent amount caffeine so you get a nice kick)

Defo worth looking at, I’ll definitely be bringing some anyway

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003Y3LWXY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_h5HYCbM2GXPWX

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ravermum said:

I like the ones between theatre & circus and acoustic. Nearly always clean and dry. I often walk past other ones to get to them 

I second that - they were in great shape (for a long drop) any time I was up there.

• Like 1

For hangovers, Dioralyte before bed. Only need 200ml of water so they don’t make you pee in the night and fill your body with all sorts of salty, electrolyte-y goodness. Then in the morning a High 5/SIS tablet followed by a Berocca. You *will* pee after those two but well worth it.

The Dioralyte is the key though, and it has to be before bed. Anything prescribed for dehydrating diarrhoea sufferers will help with alcohol dehydration.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Tip - Don’t use your portable chargers overnight. They charge to 100% then stop. If your phone is still plugged in, when it goes down to 99% the portable charger will kick back in to top it up. This will keep on going til you unplug the phone.

Use your portable charger when you can keep an eye on it and unplug as soon it reaches 100%. You’ll get a lot more charges out it this way.

This is the BEST advice and I wish someone had told me about this 3 years ago, I had my portable charger dead by Saturday morning because of this and my phone battery at 80%. Only really discovered this in 2017. Last years festival I would charge my phone up in my tent in the morning doing the routines of cleaning, walking to get breakfast, looking at whose on and first drink. 

Tip off of this, turn your phone off when charging, it'll charge faster. 

2 pairs of socks, prevents friction on the skin and prevents blisters.

Mylar safety blanket under your airbed will keep you warmer at night.

Placing a wet t-shirt or towel or whatever over a pile of cans and letting it dry in the sun will cool your cans.

Placing a bottle of water in a black bag and leaving it in the sun will provide you with warm water to wash with in the late afternoon for a refresh.

Edited by Spindles
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

You know, I've never felt the urge to take drugs (unless you count alcohol) and each to their and all that but the amount of people on here and elsewhere with their wacky stories of that time they shit their pants has convinced me they're best avoided 

The cast of Grange Hill would have had much more success with that catchphrase 

• Like 1